Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Old timer comes home (new username)

kakao lists the daily avg as 14 days. xtreme doesn't say but i've kind of figured, weekly.

ud

FAQ on EOC does indeed say 7 days so you're right about weekly. Looks like 5.5 more days until I have a real 24 hour average and get accurate overtake times.

its a moving average, fairly certain over 7 days, so it will take a few days to normalize

EDIT: aaaand this is why I should make sure I'm actually at the end of the thread before responding

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Might have to scale back on the folding intensity or time allotment in the near future. just mathed it with a kill-a-watt meter and i'm gonna be using nearly $100 a month of electricity ouch

edit: opposed to $13 while not folding
    Last edited by OddGaffer; 06-27-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OddGaffer View Post
    Might have to scale back on the folding intensity or time allotment in the near future. just mathed it with a kill-a-watt meter and i'm gonna be using nearly $100 a month of electricity ouch

edit: opposed to $13 while not folding
    yea, reality is always a bit of a slap in the face :\

Trust me, I do science

Reality bites. But after this month I might have free electricity again depending on where I move. So fold on!!

Ps: had a new all time high yesterday!

Reality bites. But after this month I might have free electricity again depending on where I move. So fold on!!

Ps: had a new all time high yesterday!
    How 'bout letting your fellow frogs in on the "Free Power"

If you can swing it, I'd take some

One way to pull it off is to get old... Get sick, make the government give you emergency Medicaid coverage, and then file for emergency Disability coverage. Once they toss you into a rehab center (fancy name for nursing home), and hand you back-pay for all those months you waited for your disability, you buy a pile of computer parts and impress everyone by building the most powerful computer in the entire building. And then load up a pile of games and even Fold on their dollar too

Free money and free power. Cute nurses too
    Last edited by MarkGB; 06-30-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Quick question. My 4th full size pcie slot which is wired for 8x 3.0 is for some reason only running at 4x 3.0. To my understanding this is equivalent to an 8x 2.0. Just want to make sure that running a 780ti OC at 4x 3.0 isn't going to severely gimp it's folding performance. Gaming is no concern because the titans are what I use to run games. Both 780tis are dedicated folders only.

If this is a big issue I need to either figure out why it's happening and fix it or rma the board

Quick question. My 4th full size pcie slot which is wired for 8x 3.0 is for some reason only running at 4x 3.0. To my understanding this is equivalent to an 8x 2.0. Just want to make sure that running a 780ti OC at 4x 3.0 isn't going to severely gimp it's folding performance. Gaming is no concern because the titans are what I use to run games. Both 780tis are dedicated folders only.

If this is a big issue I need to either figure out why it's happening and fix it or rma the board
    Not sure which motherboard you have (maybe its in the thread here) but thats fairly common behavior in many boards. There are only so many PCIe lanes and the allocation is dynamic depending on which slots are occupied. The exact breakdown is usually described in the manual.

As far as F@H goes, shouldn't be a problem. I know you're not gaming on them, but its probably not an issue for gaming either. The only problem is when you want to use tri/quad-SLI, because the nvidia drivers demand at least an 8X slot, which is kind of silly because it doesn't take PCIe revision into account (aka you can't do it with 4x 3.0 but you can with 8x 2.0 even though the bandwidth is the same)

Side note, pretty sure the 780Ti's outperform the Titans in gaming. I'd swamp them if I were you

Trust me, I do science

I'm curious because the slots on this board can handle up to 16/8/8/8 but for somerteason the last one is only running 4x. also, the titan blacks out perform the 780 ti's for gaming in this case because they are clocked higher from factory because they are the superclocked edition (1006MHz/1111MHz Boost compared to the 780ti 875MHz/928MHz Boost)

Hmm, that is a bit odd, though it also wouldn't be unheard of for your software tool to be incorrect. Do you have anything in any 1x slots? my guess is that they'd be off chipset PCIe lanes, but worth asking.

Looks like you've got the Rampage IV Black Edition right?

Trust me, I do science

yea its the RIVBE i'm gonna try reseating my cpu because thats the only suggestion asus had for me

yea its the RIVBE i'm gonna try reseating my cpu because thats the only suggestion asus had for me
    thats the best they could come up with?

What software are you using to show the link speed? Is it under load or at idle? I've had GPU-Z tell me I'm running at different link speeds at idle vs loaded

Trust me, I do science

gpu-z and the bios GPU post both report 4x