Borderlands the Pre Sequel

Anyone else interested in this ?

Releases 10-14-14 for us in the states.

Re: Borderlands the Pre Sequel

Not as excited for this one as I was BL2 if I'm honest. For me BL1 was a sleeper hit because I totally wasn't interested based on the early trailers and stuff, picked it up late and loved it. BL2 was great because BL1 had surprised me so much that I wanted to come back to the game, but honestly it was "more of the same". This one really doesn't look like its going to change the formula much (if at all). The story has always been fun and tongue-in-cheek, but its not the engaging narrative of a Mass Effect for instance, that leaves you hungry for more just to learn what happens. I'll be picking it up for sure and looking forward to a little Froggy shoot and loot action, but I kinda wish there was something new and exciting about this one because new guns, vehicles and skill trees can only do so much.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Not as excited for this one as I was BL2 if I'm honest. For me BL1 was a sleeper hit because I totally wasn't interested based on the early trailers and stuff, picked it up late and loved it. BL2 was great because BL1 had surprised me so much that I wanted to come back to the game, but honestly it was "more of the same". This one really doesn't look like its going to change the formula much (if at all). The story has always been fun and tongue-in-cheek, but its not the engaging narrative of a Mass Effect for instance, that leaves you hungry for more just to learn what happens. I'll be picking it up for sure and looking forward to a little Froggy shoot and loot action, but I kinda wish there was something new and exciting about this one because new guns, vehicles and skill trees can only do so much.
    agreed. ill pick it up at some point because i still enjoy borderlands. but i don't think its going to hold my attention very long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ztQOrV46gI

Starting to look forward to this one a bit more than I was before.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

pretty sure all the MP games I join there will be 4 claptraps playing

Probably pick it up play through it once then uninstall it. But thats pretty common for 90% of the game I play. So somewhat excited will probably not get any "season passes" that exist.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Anyone else interested in this ?
    Kernal_Tom sure would have been.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Pre-ordered and waiting. I have an unnatural obsession with the Borderlands series, so much so that I just played through BL2 yet again with a friend. Every time someone finally picks up the game, I start a new character and play through it with them. It's just so much darn fun. haha

Anyway, I am excited about the Pre-Sequel, looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. Battleborn is also sparking my interest. =]

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932

I am I liked the first one and loved the 2nd. I plan on getting at some point.

I picked it up. It's pretty good but it is highly similar to BL2. Classes seem pretty cool and the story so far has that quirky humor. I honestly don't feel it's worth $59.99 though as not a lot has really changed from BL2 and it kind of feels like a big expansion pack more than a new full game. You can get it pretty cheap though from places like Nuuvem and I think GMG or somewhere else was having a sale on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanatrix View Post
    I picked it up. It's pretty good but it is highly similar to BL2. Classes seem pretty cool and the story so far has that quirky humor. I honestly don't feel it's worth $59.99 though as not a lot has really changed from BL2 and it kind of feels like a big expansion pack more than a new full game. You can get it pretty cheap though from places like Nuuvem and I think GMG or somewhere else was having a sale on it as well.
    thats why im probably going to wait for a sub $30 sale.

I love it.

I can see where people are getting that "DLC" vibe, but I don't feel it. I think it's mainly becasue the game really ties in directly with BL2. It's not meant to differentiate itself from BL2 that much.

For me on the other hand, I think there are enough changes, additions, and gameplay to justify the $60 release price. Though I do hate seeing PC games listing over $50.

The low-G combat, Oz units, laser weapons, cryo effects, are all wonderful changes and additions in my humble opinion. It mixes up the gameplay nicely. The game also has a LOT of play time you can invest in it, just like all the other Borderlands. I am about 12 hours into it and have yet to beat it, and I have not done many of the side missions yet. In fact, I just started going back and doing them before moving on with the main story. If you try and complete them all, you're easily looking at a couple dozen gameplay hours per character, and that's not including coop. This of course assumes you can/want to invest that amount of time in the game, and I am one of those people who will.

So I can justify the price since I am getting so much time out of it, just as I did the previous games, and as I am sure I will once the DLC for game drop.

At any rate, I am having a blast, and for me it's money well spent. =P

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932