Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post In memory of Kernal_Tom

It saddens me to report that one of our most dedicated gamers and long standing members of the Fragging Frogs has fallen.

Earlier this evening Tom passed away. At 69 and having generally poor health he simply wasn't able to recovery from the surgery he needed several days ago.

Despite his health issues nothing stopped him from being one of our most regular attendees on TeamSpeak during our gaming nights. Tom loved his AMD computer and loved gaming. His body may have aged but in spirit and mind I know he always felt like a 20 year old.

The last conversation I was able to have with Tom was nearly a week ago before his surgery.
    These were our last words, words that I think shows Tom's true spirit.

Lenny: So let's get this (the surgery) done so you can get back in the game
    Tom: (cracks his first smile of the visit) Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Let's do that.

Rest in Peace my friend. You will be missed.

Please consider a donation to Tom's surviving wife

Here is a very nice tribute video the Fragging Frogs created for Tom in his favorite game Battlefield 4.
    Thanks to everyone who participated and to Spazster (aka tORN TV) for producing the final video.

Last edited by Lenny; 08-12-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Re: In memory of Kernal_Tom

RIP Tom. You're gravely voice and constant attendance will surely be missed. The Froggy flag will fly at half mast for our fallen comrade in arms.

Here's a toast to you Tom !!

Last edited by zetachi; 06-17-2014 at 12:11 AM.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

I'll keep it short and sweet... Nobody on this forum exemplified what it means to be a Fragging Frog more than Kernal Tom. Always on TeamSpeak asking "so what are we playing?" never complaining or losing his cool, always there with a "that was fun!" at the end of a night of racing (where he spent 50% of the time scraping a guard rail) and just generally being a great member of our community. Nothing is going to replace his late night smooth jazz radio host voice in our teamspeak, and I will never forget what he meant to the [FF] and to me as a fellow gamer and a friend.

RIP Kernal Tom, you will be sorely missed

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

As I mentioned to some, I have been a member of pcper.com (formally AMDMB.com) as long as Lenny and been gaming on and off with FF for a long time. It was always a treat to game with Tom when I could and I agree with zeta, his constant presence in vent will be missed.

RIP Tom, It was a pleasure to have shared some pixels with you.

Here's to the Kernal

You will be missed.

Very very sorry to hear about this. The community and I will miss him greatly.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

I haven't known Tom for very long but his presents was full of laughter and joy, this loss is heavy on us all. You will remain on my friends list until the Sun dies out friend.

Fragging Frogs United on this day in remembrance throughout our own existence. This day is now yours.

RIP Kernal_Tom
    Ribbit FF

Sadly, I never had the chance to game much with him, but when I did, he always seemed to be loving the game he was playing, and was uplifting to others around him. I will hate the fact I didn't get to game more with him.

RIP Kernal_Tom

I have met Tom at the Virtual LAN party and awesome guy also i wish i can play more games with him but He was such an all around genuine man w/a heart of steel.

We will all miss you dearly
    RIP Kernal_Tom
    Last edited by TheRealBigowl; 06-17-2014 at 04:15 AM.

Damn.

RIP Tom. That was fun!

Tom had the best gaming temperament of anyone I ever played with. He seemed to have as much or more fun coming in last as anyone coming in first. He got what it's about, having fun! Teamspeak and game nights won't be the same without the Kernal.

RIP Tom
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

A true gentleman and as others have said Tom had one of the best gaming temperaments of anyone I'd ever met. Nothing seemed to bother him and I don't think I'd ever heard him complain about anything. I've definitely shed a tear and will pour out a little liquor for our fallen. If it isn't out of place, I'm hoping during TGIFFF we can do something special for Tom.
    The name is I am apropos (aprəˈpō) ~ Gaming Computer Build Consultant, live streamer on twitch, Youtuber, Gamer, and an amateur chef.
    AMD Advocate part of Red Team+
    ~ Now That's What's Up!!! ~

Reality: Playground for the unimaginative.

Tom, your presence will be missed, may you respawn in a better place.

RIP Tom. I don't know what else to say other than he was a great guy and one of the best frogs! He had an awesome personality!

He always seemed like he was having fun, never a complaint.

While I didn't know Tom well, when a member of any family passes it is a sad day.
    RIP
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64