Cases - best for Dream System or other HW Leaderboard categories

Hey I was noticing that in the HW Leaderboard tab on the main webpage, there is no mention of a recommended standard ATX case for any of the system leaderboards. I was wondering if we could add a best case for each category (e.g. Dream System, High End System, Mid Range System, and Low End System).

Another thought also occurred to me, in terms of airflow, is it worth identifying a case best suited for water cooling vs. air cooling? I realize there are lots and lots of dependencies on this (e.g. dimensions of cooling blocks/fans/radiators etc).

Anyway, i'm looking to build a dream system, so am looking for a case that is both good for either water-cooling/air cooling but is relatively quite.

Many thanks in advance!

Red face Re: Cases - best for Dream System or other HW Leaderboard categories

I agree. A section about suggested cases would be interesting for particular leader-boards.

I built a system last month with the Carbide Series 330R Quiet Mid-Tower Case.
    To my surprise, it was taller than the case being replaced. To me, it looked like a Full-ATX instead of a Mid-Tower or Micro-ATX case. Corsair didn't have any smaller case of that type (padding, vents, filters, etc.) so I didn't have any other choices.

It is still a nice air cooled case, however I would recommend;
    • Replacing the stock fans with stronger fans and additional fans.
      I've used a Noctua Fan which pushed more air than the corsair stock fans which keeps the drives cool and pushes more air for the GPU.

• Screw the bottom magnetic filter to the case as the magnets aren't very strong.

• Lastly, you may have to modify the Reset/Power buttons as they tend to stick (causing PC to reboot).

If I would buy this case again, I would get a CPU enclosed liquid cooler (instead of stock) and use 4x 120mm high performance fans. I am still unsure if the padding actually reduces much noise.
    Last edited by YTech; 07-10-2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Typos
    Cross_Neon (YTECH) on Steam and TeamSpeak
    PHO Project: Twitch.tv/PHOPROJECT

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-740QM 45nm, 6MB L3 Cache, 1.73GHz
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) 1333Mhz DDR3 SODIMM CL9
    Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 285M 1GB GDDR3
    Operating System: Windows 7 PRO 64 bit
    Internet Connection: 1.32Mbps/0.59Mbps 104ms

Namespro.ca - Canadian owned domain service provider. CIRA certified registrar.
    GTribe PC Giveaway : Preregister to be entered as they are announced. Many drawn this year. See you there!

Re: Cases - best for Dream System or other HW Leaderboard categories

the corsair 760t or entho primo are excellent choices for either water or air. for water through the entho primo might be better suited as it hides more and can accomadate more. as u see in my sig im using the 760t

here is my build https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=3a5e57c4e7
    Corsair Graphite 760T White Case
    Corsair RM1000 Power Supply - Corsair custom braided white cable replacement set
    MSI X99A XPower AC USB 3.1 - Socket 2011-3 X99 Mobo
    Intel i7-5930K CPU @ 4.8GHz
    Corsair H100i GTX 240mm CPU Cooler - push/pull with sp120 fans
    Klevv Cras 4x4GB DDR4 2800 Memory
    2x MSI R9 290X Video Cards
    Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD (OS)
    Samsung 850 Evo 500GB (VMWare and Games)
    2x3TB 2x2TB Mechanical Hard Drives - 10TB internal storage