Warning! Steam virus!

There is currently a virus circulating around steam. Private messages are being sent, supposedly from your friends, with the message "WTF Dude!" and a link to an image file. IT WAS NOT SENT BY YOUR FRIENDS!!! It is a VIRUS! Do not open it!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants; everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth!

Re: Warning! Steam virus!

You're gonna have to provide more proof before I'll believe something like this, until you do, this is nothing more, nothing less than you blowing smoke and a hoax.

It's not a hoax. Go hit up the Steam forums, you will see people taking about it. I have got the message from 2 people on my friends list. Just ignore it.

It's been reported to Valve.

It will say it's linking to an image file, you click it, there is no image. From what I have seen it's an .scr file. Don't download it, it's malware.

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    You're gonna have to provide more proof before I'll believe something like this, until you do, this is nothing more, nothing less than you blowing smoke and a hoax.
    I put the info out there as a public service. What you do with it is up to you...
    Happiness is like peeing your pants; everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    That's an odd response :/

Anyways, yes it's there, I just exited my steam for a few and closed the messages. Lamo Kanye's. It was repetitive and annoying

Linux FTW!!!!! no .scr file virus problems here!