Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Impeach President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    ^^ Agreed with you both. Don't want to ever be faced with a situation where lethal force is the only survivable option. Today's world is pretty scary - why one of my three dogs is a trained K9. Familiarity with tactical equipment is an absolute must. That's why I chose a 1911A1 and pair of pump shotguns - lifelong familiarity with them.
    I did a little training with Todd Jarrett. I'm not in competition and I really don't have time to get to the range that much, but I have learned the difference between having gear and knowing how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Don't be sorry be safe dead is a terminal condition. Shoot straight and when you make the decision be quick about it. I go to the range at least once a week. I don't shoot circles I shoot silhouettes 21 feet and in. Most fatal shootings happen close in. At 67 the hands aren't quite as steady and the eye sight not quite as sharp but I can still hit the target consistently.

I've never had occasion to stage my weapon so far. I like that way. That could change I hope not but it could. I hate violence.

-
    I started walking away from trouble and fights right after I was discharged from the Marine Corps. Sick and tired of fighting. The dam thing is sometimes you can't walk away. It's those times I worry about the most. Murder of helpless people is one of the things I won't walk away from. But you have to make awfully sure what you're seeing is what you think it is or you could easily end up in jail for a long long time.
    Yeah, that's the risk. Even cops have the same problem. I can only hope I'm in the right fight on the right side. A lot of people don't understand that when the brawl breaks out at the bar a lot of guys just swing at the face in front of them. Even for a Marine, it's not always straight up.

Let's just say that I'd rather be ready for a fight than be in one.
    Last edited by Skennar; 12-08-2015 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Rest of quote
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

^^^ As I think about it, I don't appreciate this administration blurring the lines for us.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Yeah I've seen some bar fights the best thing to do is get out of the way without spilling your drink . Alcohol gives some people the idea they're King Kong. Not tougher than a Q Stick upside the head though.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Yeah I've seen some bar fights the best thing to do is get out of the way without spilling your drink . Alcohol gives some people the idea they're King Kong. Not tougher than a Q Stick upside the head though.
    Or a bar stool.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by Frank1946 View Post
    Or a bar stool.
    Yep I've seen flying bar stools too. Lookout "Incoming"... Boy o boy I picked some high society dumps. Everything from bars frequented by bikers to bars frequented by rats. Never found one I didn't like . The old me.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Yep I've seen flying bar stools too. Lookout "Incoming"... Boy o boy I picked some high society dumps. Everything from bars frequented by bikers to bars frequented by rats. Never found one I didn't like . The old me.
    TicToc is a 1%er, still rides with the Mongols.
    Last edited by SteveW; 12-11-2015 at 11:47 AM.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

When I walked into a strange bar in the "old days" I would ask two important questions. "Do you serve alcohol?" and "Do you accept American currency?"
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11