Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Hey guys! So, I am going to build my first gaming pc soon, but I'm on a limited budget. I don't need it to play the newest games on highest settings, but being able to play new games on low/mid settings is my goal. I just don't really know how important each piece of hardware is to a gaming pc. I know that the video card is important, and I'm willing to spend a bit extra on that. The build I was thinking about is essentially the low end with the mid end video card. What do you think?

  2. #2
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Oh also, it being my first pc, any suggestions for affordable but good monitors, cases, mouse, and keyboard are also much appreciated.

  3. #3
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Janesville, Wi
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Welcome to the forums

    What is your overall budget for everything ?

    Do you need any special features on the motherboard (USB 3, Esata, etc.)

    What else will you be doing with this rig ?


  4. #4
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Welcome to the forums

    What is your overall budget for everything ?

    Do you need any special features on the motherboard (USB 3, Esata, etc.)

    What else will you be doing with this rig ?
    I'd like to try to keep it under $700 if possible.
    I don really need any special features.
    Really only gaming, occasionally checking Facebook and email, and doing research for school.
    Thanks for the help

  5. #5
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Also, I have a monitor that will work, so I don't need to buy one right away, and I also have a copy of Windows 7, so that's all taken care of too.

  6. #6
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Janesville, Wi
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Quote Originally Posted by Jojack View Post
    Also, I have a monitor that will work, so I don't need to buy one right away, and I also have a copy of Windows 7, so that's all taken care of too.
    One other question...Do you plan on overclocking ?


  7. #7
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    One other question...Do you plan on overclocking ?
    Um, well I'm actually not quite sure what that means...

  8. #8
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Janesville, Wi
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Quote Originally Posted by Jojack View Post
    Um, well I'm actually not quite sure what that means...
    Ok, Gimme a few...I'll put a build together.

    In the meantime, have you looked at the leaderboard ?
    http://www.pcper.com/hwlb


  9. #9
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Ok, Gimme a few...I'll put a build together.

    In the meantime, have you looked at the leaderboard ?
    http://www.pcper.com/hwlb
    Yes I have. I essentially just want to mix the low and mid end builds, but I'm not sure what's compatible with what, which parts to prioritize, etc.

  10. #10
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Janesville, Wi
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Ok,

    Here you go

    PSU http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RJ8EKI/...455QP9R2&psc=1

    Motherboard http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D12OASW/...I38L9XVXS5M46X

    Processor http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUUKVXM/...I28NAPYG8IG5A8

    SSD http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFAGCWK/...UTZ7ETXL&psc=1

    Video Card http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HA3444I/...I1FJC7D2002UJR

    Memory http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TTEHUY/...I3QIHS384YB7OK

    $644.94 to this point in the list.


    You may or may not need a DVD drive
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033Z2BAQ/...b_recs_2_title

    As far as cases, that's a personal choice.

    Bang for Buck I'd go with a Corsair 200R
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbid...s=corsair+200r

    Ok, I used up all the money.

    If you want to make it cheaper, remove the SSD and add a regular drive http://www.amazon.com/WD-Blue-Deskto...rd+drive+black

    You would also need a Keyboard and mouse, but I won't recommend anything along those lines as that is personal choice.

    Hope this helps.


  11. #11
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Ok,

    Here you go

    PSU http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RJ8EKI/...455QP9R2&psc=1

    Motherboard http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D12OASW/...I38L9XVXS5M46X

    Processor http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUUKVXM/...I28NAPYG8IG5A8

    SSD http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFAGCWK/...UTZ7ETXL&psc=1

    Video Card http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HA3444I/...I1FJC7D2002UJR

    Memory http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TTEHUY/...I3QIHS384YB7OK

    $644.94 to this point in the list.


    You may or may not need a DVD drive
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033Z2BAQ/...b_recs_2_title

    As far as cases, that's a personal choice.

    Bang for Buck I'd go with a Corsair 200R
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbid...s=corsair+200r

    Ok, I used up all the money.

    If you want to make it cheaper, remove the SSD and add a regular drive http://www.amazon.com/WD-Blue-Deskto...rd+drive+black

    You would also need a Keyboard and mouse, but I won't recommend anything along those lines as that is personal choice.

    Hope this helps.
    This is great thanks for the help

  12. #12
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Ok,

    Here you go

    PSU http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RJ8EKI/...455QP9R2&psc=1

    Motherboard http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D12OASW/...I38L9XVXS5M46X

    Processor http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUUKVXM/...I28NAPYG8IG5A8

    SSD http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFAGCWK/...UTZ7ETXL&psc=1

    Video Card http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HA3444I/...I1FJC7D2002UJR

    Memory http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TTEHUY/...I3QIHS384YB7OK

    $644.94 to this point in the list.


    You may or may not need a DVD drive
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033Z2BAQ/...b_recs_2_title

    As far as cases, that's a personal choice.

    Bang for Buck I'd go with a Corsair 200R
    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbid...s=corsair+200r

    Ok, I used up all the money.

    If you want to make it cheaper, remove the SSD and add a regular drive http://www.amazon.com/WD-Blue-Deskto...rd+drive+black

    You would also need a Keyboard and mouse, but I won't recommend anything along those lines as that is personal choice.

    Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! One more question: For the SSD, would the 128GB work, or is the 256GB pretty much necessary? I don't need much storage as I won't have pictures or music or anything like that, and I don't need more than a couple of games installed at one time. Thanks again!

  13. #13
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    54

    Re: Suggestions for mid/low end gaming hybrid

    Great job mmettin. I would suggest however jojack drop the extra 30$ and get this r9 280.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...140729234528:s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •