Exclamation Trouble installing catalyst software

When i try to install the catalyst software on my PC, it get's to the point where it wants to install the software, but then a notification comes up and says "Application Install: Install package failure" someone suggested i re-install windows but that didn't help. I would appreciate any kind of help with my problem. Thanks!

Re: Trouble installing catalyst software

Quote Originally Posted by DJMerete98 View Post
    When i try to install the catalyst software on my PC, it get's to the point where it wants to install the software, but then a notification comes up and says "Application Install: Install package failure" someone suggested i re-install windows but that didn't help. I would appreciate any kind of help with my problem. Thanks!
    new install ?

what OS ?

Specifically what hardware, detailed specs would be helpful

Case: Fractal Design Core
    Motherboard: ASUS Z97I Plus
    CPU: Intel Core i5
    GPU: ASUS Direct CU II TOP Radeon R9 280
    PSU: Corsair RM750
    RAM: ADATA DPR3 1600 PC3-R800 8X1GB
    SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900
    I built my pc about a week ago but my GPU didn't come until about 3 days ago. i installed the GPU into my pc and then tried to install the software, but it would say it installed but with problems. the only problem was that it never really installed. I re-installed Windows but that didn't work. it now comes up with "Application Install: Install package failure" and it doesn't give any information on why it couldn't install.

Most likely, .NET framework.

Get the full .net 4.0 standalone installer.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=17718

See if that helps

It says that it already came with the OS and wouldn't let me install it again. it was able to install HydraVision just not the display driver. I downloaded the latest version of GPU Tweak and the Display Driver thinking that the problem was that it wasn't the latest version but that didn't make a difference.
    Last edited by DJMerete98; 08-10-2014 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMerete98 View Post
    It says that it already came with the OS and wouldn't let me install it again. it was able to install HydraVision just not the display driver. I downloaded the latest version of GPU Tweak and the Display Driver thinking that the problem was that it wasn't the latest version but that didn't make a difference.
    The only other thing I can think of is reverting to 8.0

I had the same problems installing the software. Try going into your BIOS and disabling the graphics for your CPU. If you need the IGPU on your CPU then try using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall the Intel driver and cleanup any lingering graphics drivers on your system. Reboot then install the AMD drivers first then Intel. This worked for me with some messing around.
    PC Pimp

I'm on the bios menu trying to switch the graphics from auto to PCIE but it turns out it actually never saved it when i switched the graphics thing. i keep doing it over and over but it never saves it. also i tried using the DDU. I keep uninstalling the intel display driver but it doesn't seem to get rid of it because i'm still able to uninstall it every time. So basically neither of those work and now i can't play any game. It used to be that some games lagged but now all of them do.
    Last edited by DJMerete98; 08-20-2014 at 08:42 PM.