weird posting issue.

I was right! After hours of testing and troubleshooting with my ISP network engineers, we have determined that it is nothing on my end and all seems to originate from the pcper forums IP address. It seems that so show my IP address range was blocked from accessing /newpost.php and if I attempt enough, I get a connection refused message. Odd thing is this all happened after I started posting about mumble and ArmA 2:-D

I'm posting from work ATM.

Re: weird posting issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KRDucky View Post
    I was right! After hours of testing and troubleshooting with my ISP network engineers, we have determined that it is nothing on my end and all seems to originate from the pcper forums IP address. It seems that so show my IP address range was blocked from accessing /newpost.php and if I attempt enough, I get a connection refused message. Odd thing is this all happened after I started posting about mumble and ArmA 2:-D

I'm posting from work ATM.
    Gaming is not the appropriate place to be posting this. There is nothing I see on our end from a moderating standpoint that is preventing you from posting

EDIT: Post has been moved to suggestions/feedback
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 08-12-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

This would be the appropriate forum for this discussion

i have reviewed your account. it is setup correctly. your IP is not in any of our lists/ranges that are prevented from posting/access.

does this only happen when trying to reply to 1 specific thread or any thread? is it only happening in threads you create or any thread at all? if it is only happening within a specific single thread, please provide a link to it and include the content (or a screenshot of the content in the post field prior to submission). screenshots would also be helpful of what you are seeing when attempting to post.

if you cannot reply to this thread, try to send a PM with the requested info/details. looking at everything in the system, there is nothing that is blocking you from posting. this points to an issue on your side somewhere. if you are posting from work, is your companies firewall or websense policy preventing access in some kind of way?

you could attempt basic troubleshooting steps as well found in this thread:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...31#post3545831
    hmm...

I am writing this from work which is ~40 miles away from my apartment.

At work, I can post to any thread I want. (that I have perms to) At home, I can only PM people but not make a post.
    We ran a tracert which showed that the packet drops 1 hop from the forum IP. If I turn on my VPN, it goes through but still can not post.
    I usually get the Forbidden message about /newpost.php and if I try posting enough or reloading the page enough, I get the "Connection Refused on port 80" message.

All the network engineers I have spoken to via the ISP and work ( I work with network engineers ) and they all tell me it is something on the forums end. They say it could be an ACL, or perhaps a port range block. But who knows.

we apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.

i can confirm we have not made any changes on our side that could prevent you from posting. we are not blocking any of the IPs we have logged that are associated with your account (there are several) nor are we blocking any ranges that any of your IP addresses could be included in. there is nothing i can see server side or networking side that would be blocking you, in any way, on our side. your account settings are setup correctly and you are not part of any usergroup that would prohibit your ability to post. the fact that you can post from work without issue also confirms there is nothing wrong with your account.

if you have been able to post without issue in the past from home and this behavior just started recently, the only thing i can think of is something at your home or ISP has changed. double check router and firewall settings to ensure you are not blocking anything inadvertently from PCPer. i would also suggest trying the steps outlined in the link i provided in my previous post. also check recent browser plugins you may have installed or configured, any recent changes to antivirus software you may/may not have setup and if you use a custom hosts file, you might want to check there as well.

unfortunately, that is all i can think of. admittedly, i am not a network engineer or guru so i dont really know where else to point you. all i can do at this point is confirm that we are not blocking you from our side.
    Last edited by The Wise One; 08-12-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    hmm...

thanks for checking. ill see what happens when i try those steps this evening.