UT4 Pre-Alpha download link

<Edit> ZemaTalon posted some updated info a couple of posts down from here, scroll down a little bit for the knowledge.
    Last edited by HeyPhred; 09-01-2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Updated info posted by ZemaTalon
    Planetside 2 -> CasualVanu on Emerald + others, PM me if you want to be a gunner on a tank!
    Origin name -> z4rni
    Steam Name,Epic Launcher,GOG Galaxy-> zarni

Re: UT4 Pre-Alpha download link & torrent fix

Cool, I know someone else had mentioned not finding the tracker.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Re: UT4 Pre-Alpha download link & torrent fix

I decided to play around with the UT4 pre-alpha this weekend. I found the direct download links on the Unreal Tournament forums via a thread by one of the developers. You have to register on their forums first, then you can access the page with the links. They have download links for Windows, Mac, and Linux clients, and Linux and Windows servers. All you do is unzip it, then navigate to the executable and launch it. The menu interface is still pretty basic, but it launches with the familiar Unreal Tournament theme music. I had no mouse control when I first launched it, and found that opening the console with the Tilda key allowed me to access the simple pull down menus in order to configure and start a game. Here's the main discussion forum. They invite feedback as they progress through the development. It's a little further along then it was when the video above was made - they have some textures in place now, making it look much better. Can't wait to see how this one turns out

Re: UT4 Pre-Alpha download link

As I was getting UT2004 back on for possibly doing the lan party, I came across this new UT. Downloaded and played a round with 6 others. It did crash the first time I loaded it up, but the second time it started and played fine. Mostly just new textures and maps, but the same ole fun gameplay we all love. It's still free now for the alpha (just register with epic), and when the game goes 'gold' they still say it will be free!

http://www.unrealtournament.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by grimmster View Post
    As I was getting UT2004 back on for possibly doing the lan party, I came across this new UT. Downloaded and played a round with 6 others. It did crash the first time I loaded it up, but the second time it started and played fine. Mostly just new textures and maps, but the same ole fun gameplay we all love. It's still free now for the alpha (just register with epic), and when the game goes 'gold' they still say it will be free!

http://www.unrealtournament.com/blog/
    Thanks for the update. Need to give that a try sometime.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by grimmster View Post
    <snip> It's still free now for the alpha (just register with epic), and when the game goes 'gold' they still say it will be free!<snip>
    Another reason to sign up is to claim your name.
    Fell free to add "Zarni" as a friend in the epic launcher.
    Planetside 2 -> CasualVanu on Emerald + others, PM me if you want to be a gunner on a tank!
    Origin name -> z4rni
    Steam Name,Epic Launcher,GOG Galaxy-> zarni