Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: The Ebola outbreak and resulting chaos.

Something else to think about is flu season is near the symptoms of flu and Ebola are almost identical. How many people are going panic and rush to the nearest emergency room and the doctors office. An already overtaxed medical system is going to be overwhelmed. What happens to those with other life threatening illnesses and injuries.

Nobody is going to except busy as an excuse for long waits and no care at all. Expect race baiting, uncontrollable frustration and all different kinds of violence from a black eye to murder. Not to worry I'm certain Obambi has a BS excuse and a BS solution... Trust him he has your back covered, not...

It might be a good idea to get a flu shot this year.
    Last edited by tucker; 10-12-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

I have to gag at all the distractions politics causes in what is really a life and death issue. Here is an example:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._outbreak.html
    The Agenda Project is a progressive non-profit political organization founded in 2010 by author Erica Payne. This ad, featuring clips of Mitch McConnell, Pat Roberts, and many other Republicans implies that austerity cuts to the CDC and NIH are responsible for the 2014 Ebola outbreak. This ad with run in Kentucky and other states leading up to the election
    This is a clue as to why fascist politicians like Obama are looking at classifying Constitutional Christians as terrorists- because they call them what they are. Here is a thought for all of you who buy into these liars:

It was THIS administration who opened up the borders and placed NO travel restrictions on the infected countries.
    Because of this, it is THIS administration that is responsible and guilty for everyone who becomes infected and dies of this terrible disease.
    It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the executive branch to protect the US and and defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by US Constitution
    “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
    Gee, I think everyone who caught and suffers from this disease by now should understand how Obama failed to read it-

Quote Originally Posted by US Constitution
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
    Here's a thought as to why liars and people who buy into them are so dangerous-

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ
    Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
    Maybe we should start getting some more truth and real action to stop the spread of this disease instead of more political and racist hatred bred by lies.
    Last edited by Skennar; 10-13-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...onse/17059283/

ATLANTA — As Thomas Eric Duncan's family mourns the USA's first Ebola death in Dallas, one question reverberates over a series of apparent missteps in the case: Who is in charge of the response to Ebola?

The answer seems to be — there really isn't one person or agency. There is not a single national response.

The Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has emerged as the standard-bearer — and sometimes the scapegoat — on Ebola.

Public health is the purview of the states, and as the nation anticipates more Ebola cases, some experts say the way the United States handles public health is not up to the challenge.

"One of the things we have to understand is the federal, state and local public health relationships," says Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota. "Public health is inherently a state issue. The state really is in charge of public health at the state and local level. It's a constitutional issue. The CDC can't just walk in on these cases. They have to be invited in."

USA TODAY

'Breach in protocol' caused second U.S. Ebola infection

The CDC deployed a team of 10 — three senior epidemiologists, a communication officer, a public health adviser and five epidemic intelligence officers, or "disease detectives" — to Dallas on the night of Sept. 30, hours after the agency announced that Duncan, a Liberian national who traveled to Dallas, had the Ebola virus. The next afternoon, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, head of the Dallas County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management; CDC director Tom Frieden; and David Lakey, commissioner of the Texas Department of State Health Services, agreed during a conference call to set up an Emergency Operations Center in Dallas County with Jenkins in charge.
    Yeah- I'm sure they never thought that an epidemic would become a nation-wide problem either.

I like the linky to "A breach in protocol caused second US Ebola infection" in the article. Especially since this article is an admission that basically- there isn't one?

^^^ I'd wager the highest paid is the communication officer, and that person has the White House on speed dial.

Its all cover-up cream... just like everything else these days.

Hide, cover, blame and spin.

^^ Lie, lie a lot might be part of the cover up cream.

Fascist - Communist - Radical Islamist = kissin' cousins. Same tactics, same goals, same twisted justification and logic.

Like everything else Obama didn't know about until he saw it on FNC.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^ Lie, lie a lot might be part of the cover up cream.

Fascist - Communist - Radical Islamist = kissin' cousins. Same tactics, same goals, same twisted justification and logic.

Like everything else Obama didn't know about until he saw it on FNC.
    For me the tragedy is the fact we have enough to deal with as it is and the morons in government don't understand that the first line of defense against infection is isolation and quarantine.

The Enterovirus looks like it is spreading faster than the tests for it now and more lives have been lost- young people-

http://health.heraldtribune.com/2014...erious-threat/

I will tell you right now that our current administration is accountable for this Ebola outbreak. It has done nothing to break or slow the advance of this deadly disease. In fact, its agenda has accelerated it. And we now have it inside our borders and I'm betting it will soon displace Enterovirus as a killer of the American people.

I'm really waiting for the other shoe to drop on this one. It's a crisis to "good" to waste. How many more lives are we to let go up in smoke before we will even admit that this government is at least grossly incompetent?
    Last edited by Skennar; 10-15-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    For me the tragedy is the fact we have enough to deal with as it is and the morons in government don't understand that the first line of defense against infection is isolation and quarantine.

The Enterovirus looks like it is spreading faster than the tests for it now and more lives have been lost- young people-

http://health.heraldtribune.com/2014...erious-threat/

I will tell you right now that our current administration is accountable for this Ebola outbreak. It has done nothing to break or slow the advance of this deadly disease. In fact, its agenda has accelerated it. And we now have it inside our borders and I'm betting it will soon displace Enterovirus as a killer of the American people.

I'm really waiting for the other shoe to drop on this one. It's a crisis to "good" to waste. How many more lives are we to let go up in smoke before we will even admit that this government is at least grossly incompetent?
    There is and always will be now at least 40% of the American (and I use that term loosely) population that will never admit voting for Obama was a big mistake. Now don't get me wrong, McCain and Romney were also mistakes, but they were better choices to lead the country. In McCain's case, it would be a slightly better choice by a razor thin margin imo, as I believe he would have really opened up the borders between the US and Mexico.

As for the Enterovirus, I've been watching it like a hawk. I keep asking my 10 year old if there are more kids sick from her school than normal, and she says no one has been out. Still, I'll be glad to pull her out of school for a vacation next week.

Just reading about the nurse who hopped on a plane the day before she was diagnosed with Ebola. This right here is nothing but complete and utter stupidity in action! The fact that there is no guidelines set up at hospitals to restrict airline travel for employees that have been near patients with contagious high mortality diseases for at least 21 days speaks volumes as to how woefully under prepared this nation is to keep a disease like Ebola from spreading.
    Last edited by kbohip; 10-15-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    There is and always will be now at least 40% of the American (and I use that term loosely) population that will never admit voting for Obama was a big mistake. Now don't get me wrong, McCain and Romney were also mistakes, but they were better choices to lead the country. In McCain's case, it would be a slightly better choice by a razor thin margin imo, as I believe he would have really opened up the borders between the US and Mexico.

As for the Enterovirus, I've been watching it like a hawk. I keep asking my 10 year old if there are more kids sick from her school than normal, and she says no one has been out. Still, I'll be glad to pull her out of school for a vacation next week.
    I hope it works out for you and your child- You may be dealing with a situation where the die is already cast. I've heard that a preschool is the worst place to be for an outbreak- because whatever is in town winds up in your house. So you're a step ahead of that. It's a gamble right now as it is.

That said, I think that a lot of that 40% is going to start getting a brain when friends, family and children start getting sick and getting buried. But I think we may be a couple of months from it getting that bad- but I think we may be appalled as to how widespread and fast it will hit us.

I think we're going to learn that all the technology in the US isn't going to make us any better off than the 3rd world. This requires a brain that 1. thinks and 2. cares. If it had, we probably would not be in this situation with this possibility already.

If this gets really bad, I could see us under martial law. Isn't it amazing that those words don't appear in the Constitution. In fact, the Constitution has some provisions already for a situation like this. However, I think we have been Pavlov trained to suspend the Constitution entirely whenever some despot declares "marital law".

You can read up on it here-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law#United_States
    Last edited by Skennar; 10-15-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Otoc could explain this as reasonable and logical:

Dr. Tom Frieden, director for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said during a telephone press briefing Wednesday that you cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.
    linky dink

^^^Uh huh. I can see old Tommy Boy now sitting on a bus next to an infected person. I don't know if Tom would need more than 1 seat though due to the hazmat suit he would be wearing!
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken

Fixed:

Dr. Tom Frieden, director for the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said during a telephone press briefing Wednesday that you cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus :whispers: unless they just so happen to be infected with Ebola :end whispers:, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.
    I must say, there does seem to be one thing even more contagious than Ebola, and that's stupidity. Seriously. How daft must one be to care for an Ebola patient and hop on a plane with a "low grade fever"? The nurse's union is all up in arms, and to be blunt I agree with their assertions that most hospitals aren't equipped or trained to deal with this sort of stuff, but really? You're flipping health care professionals and yet your default mode of operation is the opposite of overly cautious?

The average person on the street understands that Ebola is (1) among the most deadly of diseases and (2) highly contagious. How much more should a doctor or nurse understand that they're in a deadly serious position caring for someone diagnosed with the disease? The more I hear on the handling of the first guy, the more I shake my head at the *massive* errors in judgment.

Hopefully, the collective "WE" have received the wake up call, and the gross missteps exhibited by an unsuspecting hospital in Dallas won't be repeated elsewhere. I have little doubt this would have played out similarly at pretty much any other hospital in the US, just so happens that this one in Dallas drew the short straw, so to speak.

^^^ In her defense... she did check with the "smart folks" and they gave her the "all clear" to fly...

In the case of Amber Vinson, the Dallas nurse who flew commercially as she was becoming ill with Ebola, one health official said "somebody dropped the ball."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that Vinson called the agency several times before flying, saying that she had a fever with a temperature of 99.5 degrees. But because her fever wasn't 100.4 degrees or higher, she didn't officially fall into the group of "high risk" and was allowed to fly.
    linky dink

On the one hand, yeah, her flying seems daft, but on the other hand, after being told what her plans were, the CDC are the real idiots here.

FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ... the CDC are the real idiots here.
    Wanna bet?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...453_story.html

President Obama late Wednesday sought to quell any risk of panic, telling the American people, “The dangers of your contracting Ebola, the dangers of a serious outbreak, are extraordinarily low.”
    “I urge individuals to try to keep this in perspective. It is scary, it is worrisome, but in our country, more people will die from the flu than from Ebola,” Montgomery Health Officer Ulder Tillman said earlier this week.
    Look, I really hope this doesn't get out of control, but a lot of people in Africa know better. And myv65 is right, more people will die of stupidity. Trying to minimize this for the the ignorant is like throwing a match into gasoline. More still will spread it from desperation- and a lot more people with an irregular stool or drinking puke will head for the ER or urgent care today because of it.

When you are deathly ill, you are going to look for help. This stuff is not something you can control. When you go- you go- sometimes explosively. IIUIC it is currently transmitted by droplet or wet contact of almost any excretion. You might get it from a wet anything.

A real life saver here is how fast we can gather information and materials for avoidance and treatment and to not panic or be stupid. The airlines are behaving wisely- they are preparing for a downturn because people know it's contagious. The government is behaving stupidly- they're SUGGESTING it's no more lethal than the flu. 30,000 may die from it but millions catch it. Ebola is batting about .500 right now. Go figure. ANYONE getting this is not another low probability flu case. We also need to stop facilitating it's distribution with open borders, no travel restrictions and pretending that it just can't happen. People are more comforted by action, facts and knowledge of what to do in case of possible infection.

Isn't it amazing how the business community has more common sense than that- and they stand to suffer quite a bit?
    Last edited by Skennar; 10-16-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ In her defense... she did check with the "smart folks" and they gave her the "all clear" to fly...

linky dink

On the one hand, yeah, her flying seems daft, but on the other hand, after being told what her plans were, the CDC are the real idiots here.
    Oh aye to the stupidity of the CDC person who reassured her, but that doesn't get her off the hook. How accurate are thermometers? How rapidly can body temperature vary? It's precisely because such things aren't absolutes that people in the health care field should *all* know better. Sheesh.

What would they have us believe? That you go from a "normal" temperature to 100.4 or higher instantaneously? That Ebola isn't transmissible by an infected person until they hit a magic temperature?

In a twisted sort of way, this is all too expected for people in such positions. They (the CDC person) spend so much time detached from life in the real world that they make "rational" decisions like this that are completely devoid of practical reasoning.

As an engineer, I have many sayings. One is, never argue with reality. Reality is that we're dealing with a ridiculously dangerous disease. Whatever "caution" you think is warranted, go 10X. Forgot the flippin' charts that say temperature below X is OK, and similar such crapola. Use your brains, people.

We've had the wake up call. Let's hope we heed it before it's too late, and by golly this one has a very short fuse.