Thread: Wearables

Wearables

Hello all
    I just wanted to start a thread here to discuses the quickly emerging space of wearable computing.
    • Platforms
    • Form Factors
    • Oem's
    • App's

and anything else that might effect the space.
    Thanks for contributing and have fun.

Re: Wearables

hear are a couple pics of my Moto 360. One with a stock face and one with a custom Facer face.

Sorry for the piss poor quality lol.

The second face for that looks really good. I think I will get this when I get a new watch. How is the battery life on it?

Quote Originally Posted by sunderian View Post
    hear are a couple pics of my Moto 360. One with a stock face and one with a custom Facer face.

Sorry for the piss poor quality lol.
    Do you find the Moto360 actually useful, or is it more just a tech toy you have on your wrist? I've been thinking about getting one, but don't need another toy!

I've been enjoying my G-Watch. picked it up for $70 the other day. Refurb in "good" condition, but I can't really tell its not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockmaster87
    Do you find the Moto360 actually useful, or is it more just a tech toy you have on your wrist? I've been thinking about getting one, but don't need another toy!
    Eh, somewhere in between IMO. It has its uses, but looking at it objectively I think its very hard to argue that it does anything that couldn't be done with only a minimal additional effort (aka pulling your phone out of your pocket). That said, Google Wear is a platform in its infancy and I've already seen at least 1 update in the week I've owned it that added some noteworthy functionality. Its not going to change your life, but it might do something neat that'll put a smile on your face.... plus it tells time

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Until Casio comes out with a G-Shock line of smartwatches, I'll have to pass. I'm way too hard on my watches to ever be able to wear one of those with that big, easily scratched or broken screen.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken

dockmaster i keep finding new uses for it every day.

I get day and a half ambient off and like 18hrs on. there better batteries

Quote Originally Posted by sunderian View Post
    I get day and a half ambient off and like 18hrs on. there better batteries
    I turned the ambient screen off. The battery life hit was too much to justify leaving it on, even if its not quite as convenient. At least the gesture detection (aka moving your wrist to look at the watch) seems to work >80-ish% of the time so its still pretty easy to see the time.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present