Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Changes to QRB? lower PPD WU? I'm lost

My amazing luck has struck again, one of my cards has randomly started returning the incorrect device Id to windows, the last 4 characters for a titan black are 100C, it's changing between 101C (Standard VGA Adapter), 102C (Standard VGA Adapter), and 103C (Quadro K5200). all of which are of course wrong, so I'm gonna have to RMA again. This same issue occurred on one of the original 2 I got from newegg and I ended up exchanging it. Not sure where the issue stems from because when I pull a copy of the BIOS off the card it still says 100C.

while i'm down to 1 GPU, i upped CPU folding to 15 threads (it wouldnt work with 14 so i had it at 12) This actually happened by accident when i reinstalled due to the client misreporting stats for my remaining gpu.

Anyway, the p oint of this post, is a specific A4 WU i got for project 7040:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...ebanned?p=7040

very intriguing decription if you ask me. I initially opened the project page when i noticed how slow it was going, which is like 27-35 min TPF, but the project description has me thinking that it might be worth letting it go. anyone else seen this project? curious if such slow times are usual

No Idea where the old Woohoo thread got to, so im just going to use my own thread for updates for now. Anyway, my replacement card for the one that started misidentifying its hardware id with invalid/changing values has shipped from EVGA and is due here Monday, so i'll be back to dual Titan Black folding soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OddGaffer View Post
    No Idea where the old Woohoo thread got to,
    Here it is, if you sill want it

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...Whoohoo-Thread

And the "crap" thread as well

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.p...gs-Crap-thread

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    We should probably just move those back to this forum at this point

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Back up to Dual Titan Black Superclocked cards...one grabbed a core 15 so i dont have an accurtate ppd yet, i think i'll be ok though