Couple odd issue's.

So since I've had these 2 R9 280X's crossfired I've been noticing that every once in awhile crossfire will be disabled in CCC. I've switched cards around, reseated the crossfire bridge but nothing seems to fix it. It's mostly an annoyance that I have to check for on every boot up and every once in awhile to see if it's been disabled. Also I notice sometimes that one of my 280X's reports itself as a 7xxx series card. Could this be the crossfire bridge I'm using, could it be bad?

Also the HDMI out on one of my cards only works if I turn the TV/Monitor on first. The only reason I don't want to switch them is because the cooler on the top card is much better than the other card and it keeps the temps balanced out under load. It's mostly an annoyance as what usually happens is I hit the power button on the computer before my TV and I then have to turn off and on the PC to get it to work after the monitor is done powering on.

Any help appreciated, mostly these are just annoyances but I would really love to fix them if I can.

Re: Couple odd issue's.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanatrix View Post
    So since I've had these 2 R9 280X's crossfired I've been noticing that every once in awhile crossfire will be disabled in CCC. I've switched cards around, reseated the crossfire bridge but nothing seems to fix it. It's mostly an annoyance that I have to check for on every boot up and every once in awhile to see if it's been disabled. Also I notice sometimes that one of my 280X's reports itself as a 7xxx series card. Could this be the crossfire bridge I'm using, could it be bad?

Any help appreciated, mostly these are just annoyances but I would really love to fix them if I can.
    Since the 280x is a re-badged 7970 seeing it get "recognized" as a 7970 would be expected.

In my particular use case, crossfire only needs to be re-enabled after a driver update.

Well it gets disabled generally every system restart and I have to manually re-enable it.

I just re-read the 1st post.

Are you utilizing video output on both cards ?

If you are, as far as I know, that will disable (read break) crossfire. If you have cards in crossfire mode you should only use the outputs of the "master" card.

Just using the 1 HDMI out on the top card. I'm leaning towards it possibly being a bad crossfire bridge perhaps. It actually hasn't happened recently in the past 5 reboots I would say.

I don't know whats up with the HDMI not working unless the monitor is turned on first. Maybe a firmware issue or something, I have no idea.

Disable ulps in registry?

Did that and didn't help, been using the latest beta drivers and haven't had a single problem with crossfire randomly disabling in over 2 weeks. I'm thinking it was just the drivers.

As for the HDMI issue, I honestly have no clue how to fix that. I might write XFX support and see if they have a firmware update that might fix the problem as that's the only thing I could see causing the issue is some vbios setting. It's really weird because I don't even have to wait for the TV to actually come on, just as long as I turn the power on the TV on first and then press the power button on the PC it will work, even before the TV is done starting and doing it's thing.