Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Game Name

Re: Your Game Name

Quote Originally Posted by Col_Hogan View Post
    one of my favorite shows as a kid was Hogans Heroes
    DID SOMEBODY SAY HOGAN?

watched it the time with my dad..I liked to play military style games
    WAIT A MINUTE YOU'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT ME?!

so at the time..it was a show from my youth that I could remember..and Its Stuck ever since then...really started using it around BF1942 times..
    THAT MAKES ME ANGRY

I think Before that..I used my alternate game name..Mr.BigglesWorth that was my Quake 3 Screen name forever.
    RUNNIN WILD!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Loving all the stories!

Hulkamania! Yeah, I was a huge fan back in the 80's. haha

Was also a Hogans Heroes fan as well, also grew up watching that with my dad.

Quite a few "older" gamers here as well, that's always nice to see. As I got older, I found it more and more difficult to find gaming communities that actually seemed to fit well with me. As much as I have been hanging with the Frogs and people here, I can honestly say, it's really refreshing. Been a while since I have looked forward to hanging out and gaming/chatting with people this much.

=]

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932

I'm very bad at picking names and deciding on things. My steam id is randomsteamer beacuse I wanted a random name and I just wanted to play some games. I changed my profile name to crappygamer because no matter what game I'm playing I suck. My forum name is ThatCrappyGamer because I created it for the #KILLROY event and I thought this name was relevant. My name is the same in teamspeak because the forum and TS name for the event had to be the same. In origin I'm verycrappygamer keeping with the I suck theme. I wish I was better at coming up with names. There's clearly not much of a story here.

Callsign: Cobra!

The nVidia comes from somewhere...I don't remember. Big mystery!

I am ChosenofThor. I took the name back when I was in High School playing MUD's, and have used it for everything since. The origin is a bit long winded, but I'll shorten it up as best I can: I was born in Germany, where I was raised by my mother, and was brought to the US by my father when I was 10 under the premise of "going on vacation". After about a month of being here, my father told me that I was staying with him because "my mother couldn't afford to take care of me any longer". As you can probably imagine, that didn't go over too well with me, and I lashed out and rebelled. This, of course, meant I was pretty much perpetually grounded. My father's idea of grounding was making me sit at the kitchen table and do school work or read every waking moment. As a result, I read A LOT of books, my favorites being mythology. The one hero/God I was drawn to most was, of course, Thor, who I have been a fan of ever since. In mythology, you will often read about gods picking a mortal to be their champion, and so, I am ChosenofThor, or Thor's Champion On a side note, I am ChosenofThor on every platform except Playstation, where I am FuryofThor, because for some reason, "Chosen" seems to be a banned word (or, at least, it was when I created my playstation account many years ago...)
    Happiness is like peeing your pants; everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth!