Thread: watch_dogs

watch_dogs

Dat RAM usage

Re: watch_dogs

Gotta use up all that ram to deliver you that high quality cinematic experience. If its using this much for the watered down retail version, just imagine how much you'd need for it to look like it did at E3!

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Yeah, the game looks like crap.

I thought the UI was kinda nice and then I was playing poker and some of the UI boxes were like "too close" and they looked all low res and awful. Ugh. I haven't fooled around with SweetFX to make it look more like the E3 demo but maybe I should. I mean, it's shocking how some textures look really good. Like I'm playing on ultra and the player character's leather jacket and leather gloves look really good, but some other textures, including his FACE look blurry and awful.

I did find Aisha Tyler of Archer fame in the game though.

I couldn't bring myself to try to shoot her to see what happens though.

I actually like the gameplay though. I think it's fun to open up bridges and blow up steam pipes under the street when guys are chasing you.

Believe it or not, it runs about the same, and even a bit better, if you use an "E3 mod" to enable all of the visual effects they disabled. That's how I run the game and it works surprisingly well. It remains easily playable, but it looks a whole lot better.

The best one in my opinion, and the one I use, is "TheWorse" mod.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

It works good, at least it did for me, the visual experience is completely different with this mod running. It's a 100x better I think.

Pretty sad when you have to mod your game to get it to look like what they advertized ... =/

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932

Quote Originally Posted by StriderTR View Post
    Believe it or not, it runs about the same, and even a bit better, if you use an "E3 mod" to enable all of the visual effects they disabled. That's how I run the game and it works surprisingly well. It remains easily playable, but it looks a whole lot better.

The best one in my opinion, and the one I use, is "TheWorse" mod.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

It works good, at least it did for me, the visual experience is completely different with this mod running. It's a 100x better I think.

Pretty sad when you have to mod your game to get it to look like what they advertized ... =/
    I will check that out and report back with how it worked for me.

Few things I notice about Watch Dogs ...

1. Even with the best mod applied, including the one with the modified textures, the textures themselves still seem very "console".

2. The mod make all the visuals and effects look a lot better, but still not as good as it should look, as good as other games look.

3. The game looks 100X better at night, that's when many of the effects are more noticeable.

Case in point...

These mods make the game look a lot better, but you can only polish console-tastic textures so much. =)

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932

Oh yeah gotta have that E3 mod!!

E3 mod is awesome. If you have the dlc for the game, look for the hotfix for the textures or else the ui may take a massive dump and be missing some options

Quote Originally Posted by RatzKlaw View Post
    E3 mod is awesome. If you have the dlc for the game, look for the hotfix for the textures or else the ui may take a massive dump and be missing some options
    Wow, thanks for this. I wouldn't have looked for this otherwise. You probably saved me a good bit of troubleshooting.

If I remember right it is for the texture pack...took me an hour to figure it and find the newer pack that supported the dlc