Any way to stop the sound loop you get after a game crash?

Random question and super first world lazy problem, but it's something I've been curious about for a long time and haven't found any info on.
    Occasionally games crash, and when that happens usually there is some sort of sound looping forever even after the crash and restarting the game. I know a computer restart will fix this, but is there any way to get the same effect without needing to do a full restart?

Re: Any way to stop the sound loop you get after a game crash?

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Commander View Post
    Random question and super first world lazy problem, but it's something I've been curious about for a long time and haven't found any info on.
    Occasionally games crash, and when that happens usually there is some sort of sound looping forever even after the crash and restarting the game. I know a computer restart will fix this, but is there any way to get the same effect without needing to do a full restart?
    What Operating System Are You Using and 32 or 64 bit?
    Xeveniah Darkwind

I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

If anyone knows a fix for this I'd be interested. Although I have not had this issue happen in a long time but I'm not playing a wide variety of games anymore either.

Do you mean a full system crash (BSOD) or a crash to desktop? As I only get this when I get a BSOD.