View Poll Results: What was your favorite game of ALL of 2014 ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battlefield 4

4 50.00%
  • Borderlands: The Pre-sequel

1 12.50%
  • Unreal Tournament 2004

0 0%
  • Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

0 0%
  • Diablo III

0 0%
  • TitanFall

0 0%
  • Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

0 0%
  • ARMA 3

2 25.00%
  • Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

0 0%
  • OTHER

1 12.50%

Question Game of the Year 2014

It's time for our 4th annual Game of the Year poll.

Remember that you get just one vote and are voting for your favorite game of all of 2014 all things considered.

I started with the winners of the monthly polls, added a few of the popular runner-ups and went from there.

Click HERE for a list of past Game of the Month winners.

Any game you played in 2014 is eligible regardless of release date.

If you vote "OTHER" please post which game you are voting for so we can track it here in the first post.

The poll will remain open for at least one week.

Special note: Ms PacMan was intentionally omitted from the poll but in honor of our fallen friend & Fragging Frog Kernal_Tom (RIP 6/16/2014), who loved to vote for Ms PacMan because of the lack of other vote-worthy games, Ms PacMan will receive an automatic honorable mention in this year's poll.

Other votes
    TBD
    Last edited by Lenny; 01-31-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Re: Game of the Year 2014

BF4, I guess, didn't play much else. Plus a vote for a Lifetime Achievement Award to the Queen, Ms. Pacman! EDIT : Now that I already voted, thinking I should have voted for other - Verdun.
    Last edited by frogmeat69; 02-01-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    BF4, I guess, didn't play much else. Plus a vote for a Lifetime Achievement Award to the Queen, Ms. Pacman! EDIT : Now that I already voted, thinking I should have voted for other - Verdun.
    Decide BF4 vs Verdun and I can change your vote if necessary

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Decide BF4 vs Verdun and I can change your vote if necessary
    Nah, you can leave it, BF4 was were I spent most of my time, and did have some fun, along with my usual frustration and ranting, lol. If they fixed the bugs, and put up servers only for people over 45 that keep putting off getting an eye exam , I'd prolly be kicking ass every round!!
    Last edited by frogmeat69; 02-01-2015 at 01:17 PM.

That's a really tough one, I played a LOT of games in 2014, and liked quite a few.

If I had to pick a game released in 2014, it would probably be Titanfall. Played it like mad when it dropped, and I really do enjoy it. It just died so fast. =(

I should vote BF4 just because of all the time I invested in it over the past year, but I think I am going to be different and go with Borderlands. I really loved the Pre-Sequel, thoroughly enjoying that game.

Honorable mention, Garden Warfare. That game is highly underrated. So much fun in such a silly package. =P

My Hardware Review Blog - A place for me to share my reviews and thoughts on the hardware that I use and the games that I play.

Other hardware: Seagate 600 Series 240GB SSD OS/Boot Drive - Various WD Black & Seagate HDDs - Cooler Master HAF 932

Tough call. BF4 seems like the odds-on favorite, but Borderlands TPS was good too. I don't think anything else on the list makes sense for me.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

I had to go with BF4 (even though I haven't played it much lately) would love to say D3, but with all the vlan fun and enjoyable late night gaming, I have to pick BF4

Looks like Battlefield 4 has taken the Game of the Year crown for the second consecutive year.

Interestingly, Battlefield 3 did the same in 2011 and 2012.

In memory of our fallen Fragging Frog and friend Kernal_Tom, Ms PacMan receives the honorable mention this year.