Battlefield Hardline open PC beta has started-open till the 8th of Feb

It showed up when I started the origin client and I am downloading it from there. (10GB's)

I don't really know much about it,so for more info check out:

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/...line-open-beta

To get into it you do need the EA's Origin client and an EA account.
    You can start that process here:
    https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

Once that is installed you will see it once you click on the "STORE" tab.
    Last edited by HeyPhred; 02-03-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: I always edit
    Planetside 2 -> CasualVanu on Emerald + others, PM me if you want to be a gunner on a tank!
    Origin name -> z4rni
    Steam Name,Epic Launcher,GOG Galaxy-> zarni

Re: Battlefield Hardline open PC beta has started-open till the 8th of Feb

I know a few of the FF have downloaded the beta and will likely be playing it during this period. I figure its worth a shot to see how much they've managed to improve it since the original beta (which was a letdown for me)

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

I will download it and try it out. I don't think that I will preorder though. Battlefield 4 has only recently become reliably playable for me, so they will have to earn a purchase from me.

Edit: I played for a couple hours. It seemed stable with no bugs or glitches that I could see. I don't really care for the game play types. I don't really care for it much overall, so far. I may try a bit more.

Also, the language is not good if you have kids.
    Last edited by Ouroboros; 02-03-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    Gaming and Occasional Mining Rig: Rampage IV black, Watercooled 4930k, Water Cooled - Triple 290X. DarkPower Pro 1200. Crammed into a Fractal Design XLR2.

UrubuDark in Origin

Played a few hours last night with the frogs.

Initial thoughts, in no particular order: The gun play SUCKS...like really sucks, the call outs are excessive and obnoxious (VO is always yelling about crap), graphics are decidedly MEH, environmental destruction is seemingly nonexistant (thought that was frostbite's calling card?), seems stable with decent framerates (but meh graphics), unlock system seems OK, menus are super annoying, post game recap screen trying too hard to look cool, cops vs robbers is just a super weak theme unless this is supposed to be some dystopian future where major crime syndicates have armies or something.

IMO the only game mode I had fun playing was hotwire, which seems like a cool idea that could be even better if it was the focal point of the game. Its basically conquest, but instead of flags there are cars, so all the "flags" move around and can be blown up. If this game mode was turned into Need For Speed: Hotwire, and fleshed out a bit, I would buy it.... But as it stands I'd consider it a big indictment on the game that the best mode in an FPS game is the one that involves the least shooting. The gun play is just atrocious, and has been since the first beta (or was that an alpha?).
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 02-04-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post

Initial thoughts, in no particular order: The gun play SUCKS...like really sucks, the call outs are excessive and obnoxious (VO is always yelling about crap), graphics are decidedly MEH, environmental destruction is seemingly nonexistant (thought that was frostbite's calling card?), seems stable with decent framerates (but meh graphics), unlock system seems OK, menus are super annoying, post game recap screen trying too hard to look cool, cops vs robbers is just a super weak theme unless this is supposed to be some dystopian future where major crime syndicates have armies or something.

IMO the only game mode I had fun playing was hotwire, which seems like a cool idea that could be even better if it was the focal point of the game. Its basically conquest, but instead of flags there are cars, so all the "flags" move around and can be blown up. If this game mode was turned into Need For Speed: Hotwire, and fleshed out a bit, I would buy it.... But as it stands I'd consider it a big indictment on the game that the best mode in an FPS game is the one that involves the least shooting. The gun play is just atrocious, and has been since the first beta (or was that an alpha?).
    Good to know. I started to download it but held off and played ArmA 3 instead. I wanted to gauge you guy's reactions. Now I wont' be continuing the download and wasting space on my drive. Back to ArmA 3 ^_^

I am not as picky as some of you guys, so my thoughts might not mean that much. Well, maybe picky isn't the right word...anyway.

I had a lot of fun last night, and I think I could have a lot of fun playing this game if some of you end up playing it. I don't have as much fun with games playing on servers alone essentially.

The Bank Heist mode can be hard, as you really have to work as a team on both sides. I usually try to do this when I play these types of games. I try to stick with my squad, and not just run around going for the best K/D ratio. The hotwire mode doesn't really require as much team play to win a round. Conquest is what it is.

Not sure if I would want to pay full price for this game. If it's going to be a $60 game with only a few more maps added and then a DLC season pass to get more maps then I might have to pass.

ODogg, when you say the "gun play sucks", what do you mean? I don't understand. I'm not the most hip on all the lingo, etc...

Downloading now. I liked Visceral's work with the Dead Space franchise, so, while I'm not a die-hard Battlefield fan, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post

Wow that kind of summed up how I feel about it pretty well. It feels like the bullets are like paintballs at this point in terms of their speed. Also the graphics kind of took me back, I was expecting like all kinds of DoF and post processing etc... and honestly it just kind of looks very meh. I actually think it looks worse than BF4 although the texture's do look sharper.

I cannot believe how unimpressive this game looks. Something about it, doesn't feel atmospheric at all and everything just feels/looks stiff. I don't think it's just the beta considering it's releasing in a month. I still had some fun playing it today and some of the modes are interesting but I think this one will be a bargain buy for me and I always buy BF games at launch. I'm still very content with BF4 personally.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    ODogg, when you say the "gun play sucks", what do you mean? I don't understand. I'm not the most hip on all the lingo, etc...
    I mean the way the actual shooting gameplay feels. Guns feel like they're super weak... until they're super strong and you somehow kill a guy in 1 hit (or get killed). The accuracy is crap at anything other than point blank ranges, the aim points feel off (like my crosshair is over this wall but my bullets are hitting the wall) and the spray patterns/recoil seem weird. Firefights feel either weirdly rushed or like an exercise in pure frustration, to the point where I just don't think they're even fun. I mean, I don't think I'd call BF4 a bastion of FPS quality with all the netcode issues, but compared to Hardline, the guns feel better and the whole shooting/gun fight experience (kind of important in an FPS game) is tighter and far superior.

Trust me, I do science

Thanks for explaining. I get what you are saying now.

Played for about a half hour, it sucked, that is all.

The game is much better than I thought it would be. I pretty much suck at it though so even though I'm interested in the game modes I don't see myself buying the game as I never really played BF3 or BF4 even though I bought both of them.

What do you think of when you think of the Battlefield game series?
    I think of tanks, jets, choppers. Large sprawling maps.
    This game is Battlefield in name only.
    Strictly a marketing tool to sell more copies.
    A more app title would be - Cops & Robbers: Hardline.
    That said.
    Having played for few hours, the game is "just" alright.
    Nothing to write home about.
    Hotwired is is fun for a moment. But I can see it getting old quickly.
    Don't think I'll be plunking down my 60 bux on launch.
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64