Cleaning time!!!!

Decided to open my case and do some cleaning as I've noticed the fans running higher than norm for a little while.
    Found my H100i rad wearing a 1/4" thick sweater. Gross

Re: Cleaning time!!!!

I know that feel.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Dust filters on the fan intakes?
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

well I had this top mounted and pulling air in with one exhaust fan and no filter. bottom has filter but only the PSU really pulls air through it. After cleaning it I switched it to exhausting witch is probably how I should of had it from the get go, particularly with four cats.

Yummy! I keep dust filters on my intakes. Have to clean them about once a month, but I only have two cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr1ms0ngh0st View Post
    well I had this top mounted and pulling air in with one exhaust fan and no filter. bottom has filter but only the PSU really pulls air through it. After cleaning it I switched it to exhausting witch is probably how I should of had it from the get go, particularly with four cats.
    Nice to see I can spell. I just caught the witch that should have been which

When was the last time you cleaned your case?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba376 View Post
    Doesn't take long when you have 4 kitties running around, my case gets bad in a month with just 2 cats. Plus he's a metalhead, which means he has long hair and never shaves, which adds to the fur balls. Ya know, picture Moses in a denim jacket with a Slayer patch on the back
    Last edited by frogmeat69; 02-26-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Oh wow. so much dust.

Yeah my old core2duo machine was bad but not that bad but then again air cooled machine not AIO. my new machine got a bit of dust on its AIO over a year but not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba376 View Post
    I actually can't remember the last time I cleaned it

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    Doesn't take long when you have 4 kitties running around, my case gets bad in a month with just 2 cats. Plus he's a metalhead, which means he has long hair and never shaves, which adds to the fur balls. Ya know, picture Moses in a denim jacket with a Slayer patch on the back
    You're not far off lol

yea, I've given up on keeping my system clean, 3 cats, heavy pot head, no ventilation in the kitchen, so I just vacuum it out once a month, I have a bunch of filters sitting on a shelf, they worked too good, 24 hours they seem to be a magnet for every cat hair in my home and totaly block air flow.

Little weird fact, when I was using only an a10 APU for gaming (used it for a year before adding a good GPU) the heat sync NEEDED to be 100% clean to keep up performance, even slightly dirty and it would over-heat and drop frame-rate. It's was weird in retrospect, "FPS is sub 30, better grab the DustBuster" it had gotten to the point where I wouldn't even power down, just pause, hit it with canned air, vacuum and back to game. With the GPU portion dormant however, it runs just fine with normal cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by collie man View Post
    yea, I've given up on keeping my system clean, 3 cats, heavy pot head, no ventilation in the kitchen, so I just vacuum it out once a month, I have a bunch of filters sitting on a shelf, they worked too good, 24 hours they seem to be a magnet for every cat hair in my home and totaly block air flow.

Little weird fact, when I was using only an a10 APU for gaming (used it for a year before adding a good GPU) the heat sync NEEDED to be 100% clean to keep up performance, even slightly dirty and it would over-heat and drop frame-rate. It's was weird in retrospect, "FPS is sub 30, better grab the DustBuster" it had gotten to the point where I wouldn't even power down, just pause, hit it with canned air, vacuum and back to game. With the GPU portion dormant however, it runs just fine with normal cooling.
    Not too weird heat sink was apparently at it's cooling capacity and dust is a fantastic insulator.

I setup the fans in my current case for positive pressure with filters on all the intake fans. That has been really effective at keeping dust out of the case.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games