Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: PTS Results: AMD FX-8350 Power Consumption & Performance Per Watt

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Really?

And how would YOU describe AMDs performance/watt compared to intel?

Do you find it mysterious that in the mobile market where that matters most intel holds an over 90% market share?
    This PTS results thread is NOT about AMD vs INTEL Perf/Watt. It is only about AMD FX 8xxx series CPU Perf/Watt. That fact that you seem to be popping up on AMD threads and bashing AMD in your posts seems suspect. If you have nothing constructive to post......DON'T. Do you go to whitepapers and post comments about how the competition has X Y or Z? Stay On TOPIC!! If this thread was intended to compare AMD to INTEL, It would have.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    You also quoted me out of context. You left out the performance/watt qualifier, and if you can show me AMDs performance per watt not stinking compared to intels in some things more than 8 Linux geeks use, I'll retract.
    I did not quote you out of context.
    "performance per watt" in the same sentence with AMD doesn't really apply unless there's a "horrible" or "terrible" somewhere in there.
    Still comes out to Bashing/Trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by KRDucky View Post
    I did not quote you out of context. Still comes out to Bashing/Trolling.
    It's not "bashing" if it's true.

Compare the performance per watt of intel's current offerings to AMDs. There are no positive words that can be used for AMDs.

Jethro if you don't have something constructive to say regarding the topic, just stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by PcPer Rules
    Behavior/Etiquette
    The PC Perspective forum represents a public community and as such your conduct should exhibit common etiquette. Disruptive behavior is not welcome and will be dealt with at the discretion of the forum moderators. Threads or posts that are inflammatory, hostile or by design cause disruptions will be removed and posting priveleges may be suspended as necessary. We all understand the occasional miscommunication...lets simply avoid a disruptive pattern.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present