Racing game...... HELP!!!!

So, a while ago my wife and I were having a chat about non-violent game types, and, well long boring story short she bought me a racing wheel for my birthday. Nothing crazy, just a very solid $50 set with 2 pedals and vibration and what not. Here's the problem, I havent played a racing game since playsation 2 and I have no idea where to start.

Can anyone help with some recommendations? I am looking for 1)Fun 2)reasonably priced 3)reasonable system requirements, I have a fine system, but not a beast, (a10-6700 r7-260-1gb)

I'd love to give racing a try, see if I like, play some online, and perhaps do a little racing with the frogs. Time shall tell

Re: Racing game...... HELP!!!!

There are lots of nuances within the genre. You can do more hardcore simulation games like iRacing or Assetto Corsa, but the learning curves can be very steep (so maybe not so much fun). You can also try some arcade style games (need for speed, burnout, etc), or the games that are kind of in between (Need For Speed: Shift, F1 or GRID). GRID is a good choice, and should meet all 3 of your requirements if you want to try something thats "realistic" without being a simulator. If you want to smash crap and use NOS, then I'd take a look at the NFS games, though I haven't really cared much for their latest installments. The frogs periodically play Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. We have a lot of fun because the game lets you jump right into multiplayer races using a pretty streamlined lobby format, but its not the best single player experience in the franchise. If you want to play a racing game with us, thats pretty much the only thing we do as a group. I'd recommend you pick it up if you can find it inexpensively (its usually kind of overpriced on steam or origin).
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 04-10-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Grid 2 might be perfect for you!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/44350/

AWESOME! thanx guys, I'll look into those recommendations. Also Grid 2 has a free demo, so I'll check that out first. Awesome!

Ever catch it on sale, dirt 3 is decent and dropped windows live

Assetto Corsa is a must. It's the best racing sim I've ever played.