Page 1 of 250 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3749
  1. #1
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    Rand Paul has thrown his hat into the ring.

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/politi...resident-2016/

    People are talking up Hillary for the Democrats. Personally, I hope she's nominated. She is proof of the corruption and arrogance of the political system esp. in the Democratic Party.

    The outcome of the election may well be more telling of who America is than the candidate.

    Personally, I'm not thrilled with Rand Paul. I'm not sure why he is pimping the TPP without the rest of us knowing the details. I think something happened to him on an Israel trip I have some questions about and I think real press should look further into him as well. At any rate, pardon me if I start looking into his baggage- but I'm pretty certain he is not the same man he was before he ran for senator.

    So,
    Spoiler!


    So, who is your favorite dog-catcher in this fight?
    Last edited by Skennar; 04-08-2015 at 10:42 AM. Reason: sp
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

  2. #2
    Joined
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    Cruz

  3. #3
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    14,785

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    T
    Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    Rand Paul has thrown his hat into the ring.

    http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/politi...resident-2016/

    People are talking up Hillary for the Democrats. Personally, I hope she's nominated. She is proof of the corruption and arrogance of the political system esp. in the Democratic Party.

    The outcome of the election may well be more telling of who America is than the candidate.

    Personally, I'm not thrilled with Rand Paul. I'm not sure why he is pimping the TPP without the rest of us knowing the details. I think something happened to him on an Israel trip I have some questions about and I think real press should look further into him as well. At any rate, pardon me if I start looking into his baggage- but I'm pretty certain he is not the same man he was before he ran for senator.

    So,
    Spoiler!


    So, who is your favorite dog-catcher in this fight?
    For Rand Paul to win he must win a high percentage of the conservative vote plus many of the pole sitters in the middle. Unless he softens some of his libertarian views he will be just one in the field of losers. I like the guy but he must be willing to compromise.

    No favorite dog yet it's a long, long haul.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  4. #4
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    13,506

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    I'll just wait until our secret overlords choose the candidate for me like always.
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

    ― George Orwell, 1984

  5. #5
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    For Rand Paul to win he must win a high percentage of the conservative vote plus many of the pole sitters in the middle. Unless he softens some of his libertarian views he will be just one in the field of losers. I like the guy but he must be willing to compromise.
    Which is why I think he should have run as a Libertarian. None of this Republican party butt kissing. Everyone needs to understand that the Republican party has become relabeled Democrats AFAICT. Show me one fricking thing this lying bunch of weasels has done to derail the Obama agenda and caliphate- even with a sizeable congressional mandate. Let alone impeach the SOB. I think Rand Paul is selling himself right now as a Republican Trojan horse to his constituents and party.

    Well, where have we been told one thing and got another before? A perception of conservatism in the Republican party is a non-sequitur. They are just another bullets, bombs and banks groupies floating the boat of the Al-Qaeda du jour who have enough dirty laundry to keep dancing Obama's tune.

    No, I'm done with professional liars, lawyers, and bankers who never dug a foxhole in their lives ... let alone know which end of a shovel to dig it with. We need more bill-payers and less tax-abusers, debt-collectors and drama queens.

    That said, I'm probably less optimistic than you are. But there is only so far this con can go before we all get bit by it.
    Last edited by Skennar; 04-09-2015 at 08:39 AM.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

  6. #6
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    14,785

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    Really it's all idle talk like kbohip said the overlords have tight control on who we get to vote for. The election system is in desperate need of an overhaul. I'm to the point where I'm not going to waste my time voting.

    What a frigging folly...

    I said the same thing the last to election cycles... This time I really mean it...
    Last edited by tucker; 04-09-2015 at 09:28 AM.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  7. #7
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Really it's all idle talk like kbohip said the overlords have tight control on who we get to vote for. The election system is in desperate need of an overhaul. I'm to the point where I'm not going to waste my time voting.

    What a frigging folly...

    I said the same thing the last to election cycles... This time I really mean it...
    Sigh ... maybe so rigged that a viable 3rd party would have to be like the other two. Maybe we should all stop voting so that only the politicians are left voting. First one that gets two votes wins.

    That's probably how it would play out in a voter revolt as I don't think there are rules regarding minimum turn-out.

    I'm 100 with you on election reform. Emphasis would have to be on keeping the foxes out of the hen-house.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

  8. #8
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    18,657

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    Here's how I see it.

    There's lots of enthusiastic talk about conservatives of varying degrees like Walker, Paul, Cruz, etc. They'll all battle each other to death and most will drop aside and we'll end up with the established machine of Boosh III.

    Then we'll have Boosh III vs. Billary.

    They'll claim the "people have spoken" and we'll be back here six years from now wondering how the people are so stoopid.

    They said we needed the house to stop Obambi. We gave it to 'em and they did diddley-doo-squat.

    Then they said we needed the senate to stop Obambi. We gave it to 'em and they did diddley-doo-squat.

    Now they say we need the oval office to repair Obambi's damage. I say they're full of crap.

    There's no path for any of the conservatives... just look at how Republicans bash 'em. They break Reagan's eleventh commandment daily.

    I'm probably far to cynical, but after watching the stop Obama crowd on the right pave his path with cash, I just don't see it.

    I'm just hopin' the money I've got and can still earn holds onto some of the remaining 10% of its value so I can live through the crap in some sort of happy contentment.

    In the meantime... Kalifornia has a water shortage and the politicians are still debating how much water to let go downstream to save the Delta Smelt. And we're broke. The politicians are funding a mega-billion dollar high speed train that might, maybe, possibly, could break a top speed of 45 MPH.

    Hands up, don't shoot. Gay wedding cakes close bakeries. Faux college rapes. Ayatollah says Obama is a liar. IRS doesn't have enough money to collect money. Trillion dollar college loan debt. Its just one crap story after another crap story. Global warming caused Obama's kid's asthma. Sorry, I think we're doomed.

    We're gonna act like one person can save the day and we're gonna bark and holler for two years trying to figure out which one of the hopefuls put their dog on a car roof or cheated on their high school girl friend and in the end we'll have to choose between Boosh and Billary... good luck.

    With the huffer down the street who votes for free spray paint having the same vote as me...

    Here's hopin' I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 04-09-2015 at 11:41 AM.

  9. #9
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    18,657

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    And did ya notice that Rand Paul is ahead of Billary in key states and like clockwork, the MSM is accusing him of hating women?

    This record will be played over and over... chipping away one conservative candidate at a time.

  10. #10
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    13,506

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Here's how I see it.

    There's lots of enthusiastic talk about conservatives of varying degrees like Walker, Paul, Cruz, etc. They'll all battle each other to death and most will drop aside and we'll end up with the established machine of Boosh III.

    Then we'll have Boosh III vs. Billary.

    They'll claim the "people have spoken" and we'll be back here six years from now wondering how the people are so stoopid.

    They said we needed the house to stop Obambi. We gave it to 'em and they did diddley-doo-squat.

    Then they said we needed the senate to stop Obambi. We gave it to 'em and they did diddley-doo-squat.

    Now they say we need the oval office to repair Obambi's damage. I say they're full of crap.

    There's no path for any of the conservatives... just look at how Republicans bash 'em. They break Reagan's eleventh commandment daily.

    I'm probably far to cynical, but after watching the stop Obama crowd on the right pave his path with cash, I just don't see it.

    I'm just hopin' the money I've got and can still earn holds onto some of the remaining 10% of its value so I can live through the crap in some sort of happy contentment.

    In the meantime... Kalifornia has a water shortage and the politicians are still debating how much water to let go downstream to save the Delta Smelt. And we're broke. The politicians are funding a mega-billion dollar high speed train that might, maybe, possibly, could break a top speed of 45 MPH.

    Hands up, don't shoot. Gay wedding cakes close bakeries. Faux college rapes. Ayatollah says Obama is a liar. IRS doesn't have enough money to collect money. Trillion dollar college loan debt. Its just one crap story after another crap story. Global warming caused Obama's kid's asthma. Sorry, I think we're doomed.

    We're gonna act like one person can save the day and we're gonna bark and holler for two years trying to figure out which one of the hopefuls put their dog on a car roof or cheated on their high school girl friend and in the end we'll have to choose between Boosh and Billary... good luck.

    With the huffer down the street who votes for free spray paint having the same vote as me...

    Here's hopin' I'm wrong.
    Couldn't have said it better myself Dutch!
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

    ― George Orwell, 1984

  11. #11
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    14,785

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    EXCLUSIVE: The Obama administration has finally acknowledged that those hurt and killed in the 2009 Fort Hood shootings were victims of terrorism -- and not “workplace violence,” as it was previously described. But while formal recognition of that is set for Friday, when victims will receive the Purple Heart, it may only be symbolic.

    Fox News has learned as part of its ongoing investigation of the 2009 terrorist attack that the military, at least in one case, is still denying benefits for injuries sustained in the attack.

    "I think it's almost unheard of for someone to receive the Purple Heart but not have their injuries deemed combat-related," Shawn Manning, who was seriously injured in the 2009 attack, told Fox News. "I know that was not what Congress intended to have happen, but it is what currently the Army has determined is going to happen."

    On Nov. 5, 2009, then-Staff Sgt. Manning was shot six times by Maj. Nidal Hasan. Two bullets are still in his body -- one in his leg, the other in his back -- and he suffers from PTSD.

    The 2015 defense budget -- known as the National Defense Authorization Act, or NDAA -- included language that meant Fort Hood victims were eligible for the Purple Heart honor because the attack was inspired by a foreign terrorist group, and not workplace violence, as the Defense Department initially labeled it.

    Manning submitted new paperwork so the Army would recognize his injuries were sustained in the line of duty. But his appeal was rejected by a physical evaluation board, apparently based on a narrow interpretation of the law.

    "Section 571 of the 2015 National Defense Authorization Act addresses both the awarding of the Purple Heart to service members killed or wounded in attacks inspired or motivated by foreign terrorist organizations and the Defense of Freedom Medal for those members and civilians killed or wounded during the Fort Hood attack on 5 November 20009," the April 6 letter states.

    "Nowhere in the act, however, does it offer combat benefits for service members permanently disabled in attacks inspired or motivated by foreign terrorist organizations. Although subsequent legislation and guidance may change, currently, the Board has no authority to award V1/V3 (service related) designation to soldiers disabled during the Fort Hood attack. "

    Manning said, “it's a great thing to finally be recognized, to stand up there and say, ‘Hey your sacrifice did mean something.’”

    But he said the board’s decision means, on a practical level, his family will lose back pay, and $800 a month in benefits, adding he believes other Fort Hood survivors will face the same treatment. “I think you know it's a huge let-down. I hope that's not what the Army had intended to do."

    An earlier letter in 2012 was absolute in its denial of the terrorist connection, even though the evidence showed Hasan was emailing the Al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki prior to the attack.“MAJ Hasan has been charged with criminal activity, but has not been adjudicated a terrorist. Therefore, the clear preponderance of evidence does not support that the injuries sustained were the direct result of armed conflict,” the letter said.

    It went on to state Manning’s injuries were not caused by an “instrumentality of war” because Hasan’s “weapon was a private semi-automatic pistol. The army did not issue this weapons to the soldier.”

    Fox News contributor and former Army Chief of Staff retired Gen. Jack Keane said the Purple Heart is much more than a medal. It is also a promise to care for the injured.

    "This country has made a commitment for some time to take care of people who have those disabilities and to provide, not just medical support but financial support as well,” he said.“So, I'm convinced this is going to get fixed."

    Army spokeswoman Cynthia O. Smith told Fox News in a statement, “All recipients of the Purple Heart Medal under section 571 of the NDAA 2015 will receive the benefits to which they are legally entitled.In the case at issue, no final decision has been rendered, and the Soldier will have a full opportunity to present evidence at a formal hearing."

    Based on the statement, Fox News followed up to ask if it is the Army's intention that the Fort Hood Purple Heart recipients would need to go to a formal hearing, as is the case with Manning,to prove their injuries are combat-related. There was no further comment from the Army.
    I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess it depends on which way you twist the truth. I think they have it assbackwards again. VA Benefits yes, the Purple Heart no. Maybe yes if they declare Ft Hood a combat zone. Why not give everybody killed or wounded in a terrorist attack the Purple Heart. In today's politically correct country it could easily happen.

    I guess it really doesn't matter John Kerry got 3 them for little ouchies. Who knows maybe the ouchies were falsified too. The Purple Heart is a one size fits all deception. Five bucks and a Purple Heart will get you a small cup of racially correct coffee at Starbucks.

    After a few years they loose the luster and significance. Just a distant memory with consequences.
    Last edited by tucker; 04-10-2015 at 10:01 AM.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  12. #12
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    14,785

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    ^^ thet brings up another topic.

    Five young Marines died in the incident when I was wounded they wanted to live just as much as I did, no different than me. They didn't have a chance killed instantly. To my way of thinking that's not at all fair, they died I didn't I still don't know why. Their next of kin got a posthumous Purple Heart, certificate and the standard $10,000 death benefit in 1968 (don't spend it all in one place). All they got was a flag drapped coffin and six feet of dirt. Their names on a black wall, I've touched those names.

    You know what? It was all for nothing. In my view no more young people should be sent to a distant land to fight another political war to a stalemate and a eventual loss. They are still being maimed and killed in Afganistan the outcome will be the same, all for nothing! All politics! There's no damn way to justify it, it's the height of insanity. Don't listen to the generals you see on Fox they are delusional war addicts...
    Last edited by tucker; 04-10-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    18,657

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    ^^^ Its kinda hard to be in a combat zone when you aren't allowed to carry a weapon.

    I've got no problem with the medals... what pisses me off is trying to avoid paying benefits because of technicalities.

    It shows the regard for our troops held by the Obambi crowd.

    They could just as easily spin a bunch of words to justify paying benefits as they can to deny them... its all about who they choose to treat well. Today its Cuba, yesterday Iran, kick in the teeth to Israelis, our own troops and the truth.

  14. #14
    Joined
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Indian-uhhh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,802

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    I'm looking at Rand for the GOP.
    I hope Jeb doesn't get it. I'm not under the impression he's really gung-ho about it and is more in the race because he's a Bush. With Rove backing him, I am positive that his presidency guarantees another Iraq war.

    If Rand doesn't get it, I'll probably throw behind Gary Johnson.

  15. #15
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^ thet brings up another topic.

    Five young Marines died in the incident when I was wounded they wanted to live just as much as I did, no different than me. They didn't have a chance killed instantly. To my way of thinking that's not at all fair, they died I didn't I still don't know why. Their next of kin got a posthumous Purple Heart, certificate and the standard $10,000 death benefit in 1968 (don't spend it all in one place). All they got was a flag drapped coffin and six feet of dirt. Their names on a black wall, I've touched those names.

    You know what? It was all for nothing. In my view no more young people should be sent to a distant land to fight another political war to a stalemate and a eventual loss. They are still being maimed and killed in Afganistan the outcome will be the same, all for nothing! All politics! There's no damn way to justify it, it's the height of insanity. Don't listen to the generals you see on Fox they are delusional war addicts...
    The sad part for me is that a good thing that came out of Vietnam was a piece of the public that had the guts to get in the face of the government about it. Don't get me wrong- but where are all those noisy f*kkers today while we doing even more senseless slaughter?

    Now I'm afraid we have a large bunch of welfare queens and puppet MSM outlets who are too afraid of being pulled from the government/bank debt-teat to say boo.

    Which is part of why I liked Ron Paul- keep our fricken nose out of where it don't belong. Between banks and Saudi oil, our government politicians are mostly a herd of bovine stupidity and amoral greed being led around by a ring in their nose.
    Last edited by Skennar; 04-10-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •