Page 5 of 250 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Re: Whoever is Running in 2016 ... ?

Trump: “As a businessman and a very substantial donor to very important people, when you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do…as a businessman, I need that.”

Did he just say he couldn't get Dems to do what he wanted. In other words if I give you money to do something and you don't do it then it is time for me to look to someone who will do what I want. And if you don't think that is the way it is done in politics, well.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearwater View Post
    Trump: As a businessman and a very substantial donor to very important people, when you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to doas a businessman, I need that.

Did he just say he couldn't get Dems to do what he wanted..
    No, he didn't say that at all, certainly not in that passage. Neither did he mention Democrats or not getting what he wants. You're repeating the troll bait tactic of using the assumptions of the author as words of your target (Trump, in this case).
    In other words if I give you money to do something and you don't do it then it is time for me to look to someone who will do what I want.
    That's a nice contention, but he never said that... see answer above.
    And if you don't think that is the way it is done in politics, well.
    As a typical troll, you're now telling me what I think, which is again, false.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A FRIDAY AFTERNOON ARBITRARY QUOTE.

"There is no cure for stupidity"
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    No, he didn't say that at all, which is again, false.
    Really? He didn't say that?

Yesterday, however, Trump attempted to backpedal, making a shockingly frank admission:
    “As a businessman and a very substantial donor to very important people, when you give, they do whatever the hell you want them to do…as a businessman, I need that.”
    Is this another case of denial?

If you don't think Trump said that, Ring of Fire has a contact link you can take it up with them. Or you can take it up with the WSJ.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-t...nal-1438213199
    Last edited by Clearwater; 07-31-2015 at 05:53 PM.

^^^ You can restate what you wish to be there but you can't find in that quotation what you claim to be there.

I see a vacation somewhere down the road.....
    System Specifications

I, Clearwater, am here to ask all manner of questions.
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 07-31-2015 at 07:14 PM.

I, Clearwater, am here to ask all manner of questions.
    No you are not. You are here to post BS in typical libtard fashion.

^^^

That's how the post was edited.

We are not going to elect a man president of the United States who has said the things hes said about John McCain, who believes that most illegal immigrants are drug dealers and rapists, who has openly espoused the fact that he thinks the president of the United States was born in Kenya, Lindsey Graham said about Donald Trump. "I see [the GOP] getting killed if he is the nominee."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...ump-is-nominee

Rand Paul "I think this is a temporary sort of loss of sanity attributes to Trump's rise

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...loss-of-sanity
    Your point is what? and who is WE?

McCain is a HERO? that might be true or it might not be true. Give me your definition of a hero. McCain has a whole lot of skeletons in his closet. Did his behavior as a POW make him a hero? Did his immediate behavior post POW status make him a hero? Has his behavior as a life long politician made him a hero?

"Hero" is a fascinating word. It seems to me the word "hero" is way a overused word. I mean damn there's so many heroes there's no room left for us mortals...

The comment about "illegals" has been twisted and over emphasized so many times that it is meaningless. Time for a new gotcha.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

^^^ Here's the sad thing about the McCain/Trump controversy. Everyone knows what Trump said, but not what McCain said before that. When McCain claimed that all of Trump's supporters were "crazies", he expected the usual cover he's gotten for years. Afterwards, like Harry Reid has done a thousand times, he claimed it was a joke. Right. Funny, ha ha.

Here's my take... these clowns should all pay more attention to Reagan's eleventh commandment: don't attack those in your own party. There's plenty on the left to attack.

When Trump gets tossed into the mix, these career politicos don't know how to react and they resort to their pre-political schoolyard tactics. They say stupid stuff.

As to McCain, I would say get the f**k out of politics. I've heard claim he's fighting for the vets. Well explain to me then why the VA story that was everywhere has fallen into the cracks once again under your watch. Explain why whenever you're in front of a microphone you choose not to mention it. Explain how Montel Williams seems able to do more than you, Mr. McCain.

His time has come and gone. The ONE thing he could champion, vets, he's only given lip service to. All the words are correct, but the actions suck. When queried about his actions for vets, he responds with a list of awards received from veterans organizations. This isn't Hollywood and to anyone whose proof of success is a list of awards instead of actual achievements, sorry, I ain't impressed. So go away.

John Kerry has awards.
    Obama has a peace prize.
    Kankles has honorary doctor's degrees.
    Bubba's got too many awards for his shelves.

Example:

McCain: My friend, all I can say is I don’t know what you’re pointing to, but I’ve received every award from every major veterans’ organization in America. I’ve received every organization in America their awards. … So I don’t know what bill you’re referring to and I don’t know what you’re referring to and I’ll be glad to have you refer to it. But the reason why I have a perfect voting record from organizations like the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the American Legion and all the other veterans’ service organizations is because of my support of them. But you can go ahead and respond if you want to. …

Veteran: I’ll respond by saying this, that you do not have a perfect voting record by the DAV and the VFW. That’s where these votes are recorded. And the votes were proposals … by your colleagues in the Senate to increase health care funding of the VA in 2003, 4, 5 and 6, for troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. And you voted against those proposals. I can give the specific Senate votes, the numbers of those Senate votes right now.

McCain: Well I thank you and I’ll be glad to examine what your version of my record is. … Again, I’ve been endorsed in every election by all of the veterans organizations that do that, I’ve been supported by them, and I’ve received their highest awards from all of those organizations. So I guess they don’t know something you know. So I thank you very much and I will continue to be proud of my support of the veterans of this country, and proud of their support. …

And, I'm bored with the McCain, Graham, Ayotte trio. Actually, Ayotte I have no issue with... the other two... go away already.

[end of rant]

I, Swampwater, am here to post all manner of BS in typical libtard fashion.
    Like this?
    Last edited by SteveW; 08-01-2015 at 10:00 PM.
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    ^^^ Here's the sad thing about the McCain/Trump controversy. Everyone knows what Trump said, but not what McCain said before that. When McCain claimed that all of Trump's supporters were "crazies", he expected the usual cover he's gotten for years. Afterwards, like Harry Reid has done a thousand times, he claimed it was a joke. Right. Funny, ha ha.

Here's my take... these clowns should all pay more attention to Reagan's eleventh commandment: don't attack those in your own party. There's plenty on the left to attack.

When Trump gets tossed into the mix, these career politicos don't know how to react and they resort to their pre-political schoolyard tactics. They say stupid stuff.

As to McCain, I would say get the f**k out of politics. I've heard claim he's fighting for the vets. Well explain to me then why the VA story that was everywhere has fallen into the cracks once again under your watch. Explain why whenever you're in front of a microphone you choose not to mention it. Explain how Montel Williams seems able to do more than you, Mr. McCain.

His time has come and gone. The ONE thing he could champion, vets, he's only given lip service to. All the words are correct, but the actions suck. When queried about his actions for vets, he responds with a list of awards received from veterans organizations. This isn't Hollywood and to anyone whose proof of success is a list of awards instead of actual achievements, sorry, I ain't impressed. So go away.

John Kerry has awards.
    Obama has a peace prize.
    Kankles has honorary doctor's degrees.
    Bubba's got too many awards for his shelves.

Example:

And, I'm bored with the McCain, Graham, Ayotte trio. Actually, Ayotte I have no issue with... the other two... go away already.

[end of rant]
    Right on target!

I can tell you first hand what the whole Phoenix incident did for real veterans in four words... "Not a phucking thing". Oh it had the VA employees from bottom to top scared for 2 or 3 months. Now it's worse than ever before. I've been in the VA system since 1969 and this is the worst I've ever seen it. BTW... Not by choice by necessity. If I had it my way I wouldn't even know what the VA is.

Instead of putting mid and upper level employees in prison where they belong your congress and your president rewarded them with more money. Now the VA bureaucracy is even stronger and far less afraid. What a bunch of clueless buttwipes we have running this country.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Right on target!

What a bunch of clueless buttwipes we have running this country.
    And all kinds of posters on the internet pushing the buttwipe agenda. Present example? Swamp water.