Resolved motherboard swap from Z68 to Z77

What will I gain going from Z68 to Z77? I'm getting a Z77 mobo to replace the Z68 that's currently in my WHS 2011...
    both motherboards are full atx, the Z77 is all pcie slots which is fine with me. I'll need to replace a pci ports card but thats ok.

Re: motherboard swap from Z68 to Z77

Z77

This is the direct successor to Z68, with almost the exact same feature set. For example, USB 3.0 has been integrated into the chipset; four USB 3.0 ports can be powered in this way, along with several of the older USB 2.0 ports. That means an add-on controller chip is no longer required, though many motherboards will still have one so that they can sport more than four USB 3.0 ports. SSD caching, overclocking, dual PCI-Express x8 slots, etc are all still available as well.

Another aspect of the chipset that has been improved is the support for onboard graphics. The motherboards will be able to offer three simultaneous monitor outputs instead of just two. Onboard graphics will also be faster, but both of those are functions of the newer processors; when paired with older Sandy Bridge CPUs, the speed will be the same as Z68 and the number of monitors supported at a time will still be two.

If you are using a 3xxx series processor you also get quick sync and some lucid logix functionality.

Re: motherboard swap from Z68 to Z77

Also PCIE 3.0