Help me downsize my PC

So, I am interested in Downsizing my PC. I want to go Mini-ITX.

This is my current Rig:
    • Intel Core i7 4770k
    • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3
    • Corsair H100i
    • Crucial Ballistix Sport LP 1600Mhz 16GB 2x8GB
    • Radeon HD 7970Ghz w/ custom cooling (read replaced fans and TIM)
    • Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe
    • Corsair HX750 Gold
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB Case
    • Hauppauge 1850 TV Tuner
    • 2 HDDs
    • 3 SSDs
    • DVDRW
    • Windows 8.1 x64 Pro

I am willing to move one of the HDDs to an external enclosure as it holds my media.
    I still use my DVDRW to burn discs
    I am interested in moving the TV Tuner card to an external USB based one.
    Same goes with the Soundcard unless the onboard was good enough and easily allowed me to split my audio sources.

i will put all this excess gear up for sale after the built is completed. I still have a Corsair Graphite 600T i have been trying to sell for 2 years.

I am ok with an external Soundcard or Onboard so long as it allows me to easily split audio sources. eg: TS3 to headphones and game audio to speakers.

Let's aim for a budget of ~$500.

Re: Help me downsize my PC

Of all things, your PSU may be a limiting factor for a small case. At 200mm long (if I have found the right model online, can you confirm?) a lot of small cases max out at 160mm PSU length.

Motherboard:
    Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 $150
    - Very good onboard audio and networking. 4 USB 3.0 ports for fast external communications.

Cases:
    This is very personal preference, have a look on Newegg/Amazon filtering on mini-ITX and find one you like. Do some research on it, or post it here and we can have a look with you.
    Some suggestions on cases that i have used:
    -Silverstone Sugo series have some good options, but may not work with your long PSU and dual radiator.
    -Bitfenix mini-ITX cases all use the same internal structure with different facades. i.e. Prodigy, Phenom, Colossus. You will have to have a read around to check compatibility with the Corsair H100i.

Some cases may omit a DVD drive, or swap out the 5.25'' for a slimline or slot load. Or you could put this external also?

You can reuse your RAM, Graphics, CPU and hard drives no issue. Just might need to get a little creative in placement of HDDs and SSDs.

Let us know how you get on
    Last edited by djotter; 05-25-2015 at 11:26 PM.

HX750 dimensions: 150mm x 86mm x 200mm

I was considering the Gigabyte Z97N-wifi mini-itx board or an ASUS Z97I-Plus or one of the Asrock variants.
    for the case I was thinking of the Thermaltake or Rosewill or Cooler Master variants. i like the CM 130.

Your 240mm radiator will not fit in a CM 130.

The HAF 915 would fit all your components.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119292

It's height and width are about the same as the CM 130, but it is quite a bit deeper.

im not planning on using the H100i. But an option is the Thermaltake or Rosewill cases.

I <3 Mini-ITX builds First three builds I did were ITX, one for me, my Mom and Dad. Mine I made into the family htpc and built me a gaming pc that sits on my desk now

What components did you build your ITX PCs around? Any things to consider or tips?