Random freezes on Mortal Kombat X

Hi. I installed Mortal Kombat X on my PC ( AMD FX-6300/ASUS M5A97 R2.0/ ASUS R9 270X DCU2 TOP 2GB/2x4 Corsair vengeance CL9 1600 MHZ DDR2 RAM/ST1000DM003 7200 RPM /Corsair Carbide 300/Corsair CX600-Windows 8.1 Pro X64) When i play Mortal Kombat X about an hour, the game freezes. Sounds are playing like game running without problem but the screen is freezing.

Temperatures of GPU and other devices are normal but CPU is a little hot sometimes(Hwinfo64 says CPU Package temperature is max 59.2 celcius on last time i played but i didn't logged the values so i don't know how much hot my CPU at the crash time) but i think it's a safe temperature(am i wrong?) . No O.C on anything.

The game is automatically updates itself, my Windows is up to date and my BIOS is up to date. So:

1/what should i to do to get rid of this issue?

2/Is there anyone who has a system configuration like mine(especially same CPU and same GPU) and has the same or similar problems?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Random freezes on Mortal Kombat X

There is probably nothing wrong with your system. The game is new and filled with bugs. there are people complaining about random problems on every platform. I'm hopeful that if you just wait long enough they will patch it till it works, but sometimes the problems are just too to fix (like A.C.U). There is probably nothing you can do, it's not your fault, ........... probably. How fresh is your windows install? Are you sure your GPU cooler isn't filthy and stalling? How about your CPU cooler? you mention the CPU getting hot. how long has it been since you removed the fan and cleaned out the fins, ether with compressed air or a delicate vacuuming? Like I say, with MKX it's probably the game but it's always a good time to mention how important proper cleaning is to a smooth pc experience.
    Last edited by collie man; 05-27-2015 at 02:02 PM.

I played the game a lot of times and it keeps freezing. I monitored the GPU sensor readings with MSI AfterBurner and at the crash moment nothing looked wrong(GPU Clock, Memory Clock, GPU Temp, VRAM Usage, FPS etc.) Last time the game crashed there was not a problem with CPU temp.

I know this game has numerous bugs but when i googled about freezing all i could find was something about Sub-Zero. Most of users has some crashes about main menu and online game but i am struggling with the problems on single player.
    Last edited by Carnage1986; 05-27-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Ummmmmm, ok. Soooooo, as I said before, it's either the game or your OS install. It's probably the game, so there IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO. otherwise it's your os, filled with bloat/spyware, fragments from un-installs, and general age degradation. RE INSTALLING WINDOWS MIGHT HELP! or it may not. What kinda magic bullet "Oh just rub a dragon scale on your gpu" solution are you hoping for?

^^^ Dude relax and ease off the tude. Op is asking for assistance no need to jump down his throat.

My suggestions short of ^^re-install of OS is to cruse the game forums. Check out the Steam game forums, change the search terms you are using to expand for any issues. Yes new games always have issues and most get resolved eventually. I just had to solve the fact the KF2 would no longer launch for me after no issues for weeks. search finally found a work around but no solutions by devs yet. so have patience and keep looking.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage1986 View Post
    Hi. I installed Mortal Kombat X on my PC ( AMD FX-6300/ASUS M5A97 R2.0/ ASUS R9 270X DCU2 TOP 2GB/2x4 Corsair vengeance CL9 1600 MHZ DDR2 RAM/ST1000DM003 7200 RPM /Corsair Carbide 300/Corsair CX600-Windows 8.1 Pro X64) When i play Mortal Kombat X about an hour, the game freezes. Sounds are playing like game running without problem but the screen is freezing.

Temperatures of GPU and other devices are normal but CPU is a little hot sometimes(Hwinfo64 says CPU Package temperature is max 59.2 celcius on last time i played but i didn't logged the values so i don't know how much hot my CPU at the crash time) but i think it's a safe temperature(am i wrong?) . No O.C on anything.

The game is automatically updates itself, my Windows is up to date and my BIOS is up to date. So:

1/what should i to do to get rid of this issue?

2/Is there anyone who has a system configuration like mine(especially same CPU and same GPU) and has the same or similar problems?

Thanks in advance.

unless i missed it you didn't say what version video card driver you were using. id start there. latest official release and if that doesn't work the latest beta.

^^what that guy said.

Black screen with the sound still working sounds like a video driver crash.

Do you have the latest Catalyst drivers installed?

I wana apologize for seeming rude, in response. Outside issues. I think I need a breathalyzer on my pc to keep me off forms. I didn;t meen to be a ••••, I just am a •••• sometime and for that I am sorry.

I still think the problem is either the game, or possibly you need a clean install. I dont think temps or anything physical is your problem(if this is the first time you have had this problem with any game) , it has to be either a problem with the app it self or a driver/residue/bloat-spy-degredation issue. AMD has not as yet issued any drivers for your card that have specific mkx (except for crossfire profile) diver updates for this game.

Question. You mention Afterburner. Are you overclocked? If so, have you tried using factory settings for this game? Every once in a while there is some game code on some cards that just randomly freaks the •••• out on some cards outside of stock settings. You probably tried this first, but I thought I should mention it J-I-C.

Sorry for being a •••• before, nothing to do with you, outside stuff. Unacceptable.

I would try updating your video card drivers. Alternately if you were already running the lastest you can try an older version. You can also try changing the graphics options in the game. Sometimes it makes a difference. It might also be hardware related you should try running a monitoring app on a 2nd monitor to show your temps while in the game.