Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Something is Very Wrong Here.

I remember when the Republican 2012 convention was going on that the kicking out of members and delegates who did not agree with everything that was going on was not a good thing.

Now it's going on on the floors of our legislature. I will guarantee you that it will work out worse.
    http://www.nationaljournal.com/congr...-down-20150616
    House Republican leaders are cracking down on rebellious members after a near-disaster on a trade vote last week.

Reps. Cynthia Lummis, Steve Pearce, and Trent Franks have been removed from the whip team after they sided with GOP rebels to vote against a rule governing debate on a trade bill, according to sources close to the team.

Lummis, a deputy whip and a member of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, was perhaps the whip team's highest-ranking bridge to the conference's most intransigent members. Pearce and Franks also are very close to House conservatives.
    Here's the why: There is an agenda going on here that ALREADY EXCLUDES THE PUBLIC. Now this inside job is dealing with any naysayers. A leadership that doesn't have to listen to another opinion from it's own members, SURE AS SH!T DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOURS! When are the people going to learn that these "leaders" are not representing them, but an elite power group that would just as soon not have to deal with much of anyone else?

I'm really afraid that the corruption here will run deeper. To the point that more contrarians will disappear and ballot boxes will be rigged. Our political leadership has become a disaffected criminal organization that is totally out of touch with their constituency. Look at their works-

- Where are all the jobs the president promised? Well over 1/3 of the labor force is no longer working, their jobs are still being sent overseas. One of the most deceptive numbers is the unemployment rate. It is padded by any job that comes along- including an exploding number of part-time positions and fewer lower paying full-time ones that require a college degree to swab a toilet. Moreover, the US is going the way of much of Europe where young adults have the highest unemployment.

- Where is the balanced budget and the reduced debt? This government just rubber-stamps the debt ceiling and the deficit under this administration has not even gone under any deficit prior to it. We have doubled down the principle of the debt without any chance of ever repaying it.

- So WHY THE FUK DO YOU THINK THESE PEOPLE ARE HIDING THE TPP FROM YOU? A politician NEVER hides a good thing he can take credit for. What does that say about this agreement and WHY SHOULD WE SUPPORT ANYTHING THAT HELPS IT ALONG?

This government has abandoned its citizens in favor of a plan they are being told to PASS OR ELSE. And they are now kicking out all dissent.

I can't wait until we are prosecuted for thought-crimes.
    Last edited by Skennar; 06-19-2015 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added youth jobs
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Re: Something is Very Wrong Here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    I can't wait until we are prosecuted for thought-crimes.
    We already are. Not all of us... yet... but if you put aside criminal prosecution and extend it to being singled out by the IRS, EPA, etc., its fair to say that we're already there.

What to do? Who the heII knows? Voting the Republicans in got us diddley-doo-squat, so short of taking up arms, I'm out of ideas.

I hate to say it, but I think the best solution is to ignore things. Trying to explain to your child how a white lady is as black, an Olympic decathalon winner is a woman, how a lady who earns money by getting folks to make donations might be your pretzeldent, or how an illegal immigrant gets free government healthcare while we pay makes me just say, "f**k it". The list goes on and on.

Reality is... there's still a lot of cool stuff to do outside of listening to the national drama of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    We already are. Not all of us... yet... but if you put aside criminal prosecution and extend it to being singled out by the IRS, EPA, etc., its fair to say that we're already there.

What to do? Who the heII knows? Voting the Republicans in got us diddley-doo-squat, so short of taking up arms, I'm out of ideas.

I hate to say it, but I think the best solution is to ignore things. Trying to explain to your child how a white lady is as black, an Olympic decathalon winner is a woman, how a lady who earns money by getting folks to make donations might be your pretzeldent, or how an illegal immigrant gets free government healthcare while we pay makes me just say, "f**k it". The list goes on and on.

Reality is... there's still a lot of cool stuff to do outside of listening to the national drama of the day.
    Well said Dutch.
    "I mean, I say this every time we’ve got one of these mass shootings; this just doesn’t happen in other countries."

Obama...in Paris....3 weeks after a mass shooting there.

"Only a fool would let his enemy teach his children."

The

You're right on target.

While you're doing that cool stuff be sure to stock up on long shelf life food, ammunition, reloading supplies, guns and be sure to keep your group tight at the local shooting range. Lots of lights and a water well would be a good investment too.

I'm a centrist too.

So I just did one of those stupid quizes that matches you with a presidential candidate. Evidentially I'm a Ted Cruz kind of guy.

So what's wrong with that?
    I'm a centrist too.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    So I just did one of those stupid quizes that matches you with a presidential candidate. Evidentially I'm a Ted Cruz kind of guy.

So what's wrong with that?
    Considering the direction of political correctness these days, maybe it was another kind of match-making quiz?
    Last edited by Skennar; 06-22-2015 at 09:10 AM.

The TPA is not the TPP. The TPA was broke out of the rest of the bill HR1314 (with the TAA) so it could go back to the Senate for a vote.

Told ya they'd rig this.

What I find amazing is the writing that is being made FOR this bill. I'm going to give you a sample done by a professional writer. It is well done and very rational. However, this is one thing you need to know and then I'm going to show you the proof: He NEVER references the bill and provide the text. http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/09/...c-partnership/

Okay- so tell me what you think this says (SEC. 103. Trade agreements authority)?
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...521DB37C27CAE1

When I was done with it, it was clear to me that that the president can do pretty much whatever he pleases and that the congress is mostly there to report to and provide feedback he can ignore. As I read more of it, it was quite clear that this is an unnecessary document that compromises congress. But here is the gist:

(1) IN GENERAL.—Whenever the President determines that one or more existing duties or other import restrictions of any foreign country or the United States are unduly burdening and restricting the foreign trade of the United States and that the purposes, policies, priorities, and objectives of this title will be promoted thereby, the President—

(A) may enter into trade agreements with foreign countries before—

(i) July 1, 2018; or

(ii) July 1, 2021, if trade authorities procedures are extended under subsection (c); and

(B) may, subject to paragraphs (2) and (3), proclaim—

(i) such modification or continuance of any existing duty,

(ii) such continuance of existing duty free or excise treatment, or

(iii) such additional duties,

as the President determines to be required or appropriate to carry out any such trade agreement.

Substantial modifications to, or substantial additional provisions of, a trade agreement entered into after July 1, 2018, or July 1, 2021, if trade authorities procedures are extended under subsection (c), shall not be eligible for approval under this title.
    So ... what did that just say?
    Last edited by Skennar; 06-22-2015 at 10:19 AM. Reason: needed link

Does it bother you that this system is grasping at straws to make things sound better than they are?

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2014/...nce-the-1980s/

The federal government’s deficit in fiscal year 2014 was $195 billion smaller than last year — clocking in at a shortfall of $486 billion, according to an estimate from the Congressional Budget Office. The deficit was $20 billion smaller than the CBO had estimated as recently as August.
    -
    But measuring the raw deficit only tells part of the story. The U.S. population and economy are much larger today than they were in the 1980s. In fact, adjusted for the size of the economy, today’s deficit is now smaller than the average deficit going back to the 1980s. The 2014 deficit came in at 2.8% according to the CBO estimate, compared to the 3.2% average since 1980. By that measure, President Barack Obama‘s deficit this year is one that would have been acceptable to President Ronald Reagan. During Mr. Reagan’s presidency, the deficit averaged 4% of GDP.
    ??? Look- the GDP is a heavily doctored number and our economy today in no way resembles the 80s. Did anyone notice that the same chart showed no deficits starting in the late 90s? Anyone notice that all changed after 9/11?
    Last edited by Skennar; 06-22-2015 at 10:39 AM.

I hate to say it, but I think the best solution is to ignore things.
    -
    I just want you to know that I didn't ignore you- I even get it. I hope you don't mind if I can't ignore it and want to write about it.

We all should remember what this fight is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    I just want you to know that I didn't ignore you- I even get it. I hope you don't mind if I can't ignore it and want to write about it.

We all should remember what this fight is about.
    Heh. No worries here, Skenner. Everyone here is interested in this stuff, but its really gotten to that "WTF can ya do about it?" stage.

I read all your posts and appreciate 'em.

From another side not of "the aisle", I can say that the trade "agreements" are really Obama's signature legislation. Obamacare is not even close. This trade legislation is why he is in the White House. If he can't deliver these, he will be left to swim among the barracudas, alligators and piranha. His masters are calling in their chips, and he is going for broke with this- even to the extent of throwing his own party under the bus.

Anyone understand yet why a piece of secret legislation is so important that Obama would suddenly have this "republican" epiphany? It's simple: He's desperate now.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/06/2...witches-to-no/
    Later this afternoon, the Senate will hold a procedural vote on Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) in an attempt to reach cloture and guarantee a floor vote on fast-track authority for Barack Obama on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free-trade agreement. On its first go-around, TPA barely made it past this procedural hurdle, with only 13 Democrats coming along for the ride — and that package included Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), a key Democratic priority to buffer the effects of globalization for American workers. Without it, even those few Democrats may take a pass on TPA, which would once again put fast-track into park.

With the vote just hours away, Obama spent yesterday twisting arms, The Hill reports. He got Oregon’s Ron Wyden to commit to supporting the bill, but other former Ayes are holding out:
    I'm sure someone is out there trying to find a price or point of leverage. That said, there is also an opportunity here to rat out this crime syndicate by doing the right thing- and unraveling this corruption.

Regardless, this criminal legislation that should have never have seen the floors of the legislature should NOT be a measure of our acceptance of this trade slavery, but a display of the integrity- or lack thereof- of our government.

Like many, I'm not hopeful- but I can say I tried.
    Last edited by Skennar; 06-23-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added lack thereof

The Senate on Tuesday voted to advance President Obama’s trade agenda, approving a measure to end debate on fast-track authority.

The 60-37 motion sets up a vote on final passage on Wednesday. If the Senate approves fast-track or trade promotion authority (TPA), it would then be sent to Obama’s desk to become law.

So there ya go... sold down the river by Republicans we voted for. F**k 'em.

To be clear... this isn't the media's story of the day, its that Obambi said the "N" word in an interview... which, of course, means we need a "national conversation". Yesterday it was a Confederat flag in South Carolina. That also meant we need a "national conversation".

Squirrel!!!

The 60-37 motion sets up a vote on final passage on Wednesday. If the Senate approves fast-track or trade promotion authority (TPA), it would then be sent to Obama’s desk to become law.
    It may even happen today-
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/politi...gress-tpp-tpa/
    The vote was especially close as one Republican who supported the measure in the past — Texas Sen. Ted Cruz — said Tuesday morning he would now vote against it.

"... TPA in this Congress has become enmeshed in corrupt Washington backroom deal-making, along with serious concerns that it would open up the potential for sweeping changes in our laws that trade agreements typically do not include," Cruz wrote on Breitbart.

Republican Sen. Mike Enzi of Wyoming, who was absent during the first version of the bill, voted in favor, making up for the loss among GOP senators.

RELATED: Hillary Clinton a 'no' on fast-track for now
    -
    A final Senate vote on fast-track could come as soon as later Tuesday, and it will then head to President Barack Obama's desk for his signature.
    If you look at this, the Republicans cornered the democrats by promising they would get enough votes to pass the TAA-

So this isn't about morality, business, the constitution, integrity or the people- this is "Let's Make a Deal" in a Beltway "reality" show.

Still- Cruz turned and some democrats can kiss their seats goodbye. Hiliary is making a firm leadership statement that says "I'll go along with the party for now, but see how it turns out ... maybe."

And this isn't final. But I think it is for a lot of politicians if this hits the fan.
    Last edited by Skennar; 06-23-2015 at 12:56 PM.