Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Something is Very Wrong Here.

^^^ With a 60 to 37 vote, you can see this was all set-up beforehand. They get just enough to pass this crap and let just enough of 'em ride the fence.

And of course, it "has to be passed so we can see what's in it."

We've been sold down the river... but since the federal government took control of all the waterways... it ain't even our river.

The first thing you need to know about our president is that he is an expert deceiver. Professionally trained and we shouldn't be surprised- especially after the performance Al Gore made during "An Inconvenient Truth"- it is sickeningly good. As he discussed the new trade agreement he cobbled out in secret- understand that it is thousands of pages long with a lot of "leeway language." The TPP is simply put- Trojan Horse legislation. This president will go long in describing the horse and the gift it is, but inside it is a white-washed tomb that will end the American experiment and introduce a new global one. Ted Cruz explains his defection-

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...room-dealings/
    Both President Obama and Republican leadership are pressing trade promotion authority, also known as TPA, or “fast-track.” Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) both oppose it.

As a general matter, I agree (as did Ronald Reagan) that free trade is good for America; when we open up foreign markets, it helps American farmers, ranchers, and manufacturers.

But TPA in this Congress has become enmeshed in corrupt Washington backroom deal-making, along with serious concerns that it would open up the potential for sweeping changes in our laws that trade agreements typically do not include.

Since the Senate first voted on TPA, there have been two material changes.

First, WikiLeaks subsequently revealed new troubling information regarding the Trade in Services Agreement, or TiSA, one of the trade deals being negotiated by Obama.

Despite the administration’s public assurances that it was not negotiating on immigration, several chapters of the TiSA draft posted online explicitly contained potential changes in federal immigration law. TPA would cover TiSA, and therefore these changes would presumably be subject to fast-track.

When TPA last came up for a vote, both Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) and I introduced amendments that would have barred fast-track treatment for any trade agreement that attempted to impact immigration law. Two other Republican senators objected, and we were both denied votes on our amendments. Instead, the House inserted substantially weaker language in related legislation.
    Legislation cobbled together by those who brought you the 2008 collapse and are bringing things like green-house emission controls, gun banning and and international corporation tribunals. Since they now can get away with swindling you into allowing secret legislation to get through a bought-off congress, now they can tax you without good reason, disarm you so you can't protect yourself and sue you for growing your own tomatoes.

If you didn't believe that your legislature could allow a secret agreement to happen, well your legislature is one roll-call away from doing so. And this is just the beginning of a roll out that might get deployed even before the legislature passes it.

Why? Because they are getting away with it. And they will be getting away with more. The fox will then be in charge of the hen house and will begin to feed.

I told someone yesterday that they would be coming for our guns soon because Obama is set to do it. They didn't believe me.

I told them that you would know it's true when someone comes out of the blue and asks: "Do you have any firearms in the house?"

So much for your constitution. It's not worth more than an executive order.
    Last edited by Skennar; 06-24-2015 at 11:12 AM. Reason: remove Brietbart statistics
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

The TPA passes 60-38. They gave us the theater and this POS. Did you also know that the TPA had a dandy little tidbit in it?

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...ses-tpa/142074
    The Senate has voted 60 to 38 to approve a House-passed version Trade Promotion Authority (TPA).

It now heads to the President's desk.
    -
    The bill, among other things, makes it clear that trade protections include digital as well as physical goods.
    -
    TV and movie producers represented by the Motion Picture Association of America have been strongly in favor of the bill, which also grants the President "fast track" authority to negotiate bills, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership bill, which MPAA also supports.

TPP will expand trade and access to creative content to much of the Asia-Pacific region, MPAA has said, including creating what it calls "strong standards for the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights for the 21st century."
    Yeah, that's right. The camel's nose is under the tent.

The internet is going to be policed.

And I'm sure "pay-per-view" is right behind.

And we've only just begun ....
    Last edited by Skennar; 06-25-2015 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Talk about Pandering. Hildabeast, the Champion for the Poor, the Young and the Disenfranchised. Sounds a lot like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - ROFL.
    Last edited by SteveW; 07-19-2015 at 12:09 PM.
    Hillary +3

"Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Talk about Pandering. Hildabeast, the Champion for the Poor, the young and Disenfranchised. Sounds a lot like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - ROFL.
    Yeppers she kind of does look like Lee Van Cleef.
    RUSSIANS!

Crybaby Chucky!
    Nothingness Nancy!
    Fried Rice!
    Auntie Maxine!
    Comey!

^ I was thinking Eli Wallach - Tuco. I don't see the Hilldabeast as having Angel Eyes.....
    Hillary +3

System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Yeppers she kind of does look like Lee Van Cleef.
    Gotta agree with Tuck on this one, Hildabeast closest to Lee Van Cleef. Tuco was a scroundel, but there were things even he was not willing to do. Lee Van Cleef & Hildabeast do not have these issues.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

True, Tuco did have more facial hair than The Hildabeast. True about the complete and total lack of moral fiber.

Ok, Angel Eyes it is!
    Hillary +3

System Specifications

We did it to ourselves, period. Look at where the campaign money is coming from. Clinton has big donors, along with the heavy hitters of the Republicans. What about Trump, he says he is worth 10 billion and of now leading the pack. Do you think he can relate to you in anyway?

Look at the tax code to understand how big money gets in the pockets of our leaders. Huge tax cuts state and federal for the rich. A percentage of all that money is rolled back into campaigns. I get a million dollar tax cut and one hundred thousand goes to political campaigns if not more. If I give to a campaign do you think I don't expect something in return? When you vote, do you expect something in return if your candidate wins?

Let's look at some paybacks. I am picking these out because they are so brazen and so in your face of what they are doing, Scott Walker Governor of Wisconsin, cuts education by 250 million and then gives 250 million for a sports arena. Sam Brownback Governor of Kansas. Cuts the heck out of taxes and the state budget has a big hole in it and they are cutting education as well as infrastructure funding.

The ones in the news most these days is the Koch brothers, it looks like they have pledged almost a billion for campaigns. Now Missouri, tax cuts were put in place, when revenues reach a certain amount cuts will more than offset the increase of revenues. The big player in Missouri is Rex Sinquefield who is a heavy hitter against public education in all forms.

In some states if you are over fifty you couldn't couldn't pass a history test because the of changes coming in history text books. Had to add this, I finely figured out common core math. Yes it is slower but it does get across the point of how math works when using (I think is called) a number line. I can't see taking that number line through all levels of school just too slow. Many around here anyway complain about cashiers that can't count back change. Heck some are lucky to give you back the correct change. Another one that caught me was taking first aid class. You are not shown how to apply a tourniquet while in my military training you were expected to know how to use one and when. Then taking the test, the question was what do you do if someone has a cut on a leg and bleeding profusely. One of the choices was a tourniquet, now when they ask profusely did that mean a squirter. Of course the correct answer is pressure. The only reason I could come up with as to why they didn't teach how to apply and use a tourniquet was some one might apply one to the neck for a head injury. These days some people are so stupid and it is getting worse as I see it. I guess my point is, our educational system is failing us and it is more than one reason why.

Many complain about political correctness, there isn't anywhere more profound in political correctness as working for a company. To illustrate (not really sure this is true) a woman that had worked for Home Depot for years was let go after a picture surfaced with her in it with a gun and the Confederate flag that has been a issue. I had to explain to a cousin of mine who couldn't understand why it was a big deal. As I told her you better know your employer's politics and anything else before you open your mouth. He or the company owns you just not at work but during your time away form the job. If you do something that would put the company in any kind of bad light you are toast.

I have talked to and know of many people that have canceled their social media account when they need to look for a job. They are not that at all political but are afraid if some little thing is in there that could hurt them landing a job if the employer should find them on social media. Believe me, employers do look to see if they can find anything. Political correctness for employers/employees has been around from the beginning of time. Large corporations have now locked in more of a grip with the ruling of Citizens United. You think you are free? Only if you are worth millions and don't need to depend on anyone else. You are boxed in and if you don't fit you are out even if you are self employed. As for being self employed, should clients find out your political views you have to some degree cut a percentage out of your business, even those that may have the same view but don't want to be associated with some one that is out spoken. You better learn at a young age you have to kiss a lot of butt and keep your mouth shut and then maybe some day you will have more kissing your butt than you have to kiss. If you don't learn this and practice it you're not going to get very far but you will as I see it have peace of mind you can live with.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 07-20-2015 at 09:26 AM.

^Clearwater,

Just a suggestion, and this has no relationship to your views, opinions, etc. Break up those posts a bit, eh? With my present screen formatting, that's 26 consecutive lines of "I won't read it" simply because it's too dense.

A paragraph per thought might be a good start. It's far easier to read, and more importantly, it may help you get your point across better.

Quote Originally Posted by myv65 View Post
    ^Clearwater,

A paragraph per thought might be a good start. It's far easier to read, and more importantly, it may help you get your point across better.
    But I doubt it.

I have mixed feelings on abortion. Parents need to be informed and should be able to SUE whoever feels they can perform major surgery on their child. I like life, but I believe abortion can be justified in some cases. Personally, I'd like people to take ownership for their sex and get a brain to either protect themselves or be committed to take responsibility for a child. Government OBVIOUSLY isn't going to fix it for you. Sex education tax dollars at work- can't wait for the Common Core generation to have chronic and deadly STDs too. Corruption makes me sick, because it pulls sh*t like this:

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/21/s...borted-babies/
    In this video, Mary Gatter, the Medical director at Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley in Calfiornia, discusses selling aborted baby body parts with undercover investigators posing as officials with a biotech company that acts as a middleman to sell aborted baby body parts to universities and other places that conduct such research. Gatter is a senior official within Planned Parenthood and is President of the Medical Directors’ Council, the central committee of all Planned Parenthood affiliate medical directors.
    http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...ck-you-at-all/

Yeah, there are laws against this that our azzhole president hasn't availed himself to enforce. Everyone is after the government to defund Planned Parenthood. I'm wondering if they will just INDICT or arrest someone. Instead we have this:

http://patriotupdate.com/2015/07/oba...renthood-money
    Last week, Obama’s top spokesman today defended the Planned Parenthood abortion business after a shocking new expose’ video caught Planned Parenthood’s top doctor describing how the abortion business sells the body parts of aborted babies.

Obama spokesman Josh Ernest defended the abortion giant, despite not having seen the video. Although he said he has not viewed the video, Earnest says Planned Parenthood follows “the highest ethical guidelines” on medical research. Earnest referred questions about Planned Parenthood to Planned Parenthood.
    With this sick "for a few dollars more" mentality we will soon have an industry of girls having fetuses so they can sell them to make facial cream- paid for by Obamacare.

WHY DO WE PUT UP WITH THIS?
    Last edited by Skennar; 07-22-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Arizona drug testing of those receiving welfare, I would think you could say it is money ***** down the drain. Over a 3 year period 87,000 were tested and one was found using drugs. In other states it hasn't been this bad in finding drug users on welfare but in the states that do test it doesn't get over 1% of those tested while millions of $ go down the drain. What it really amount to is some person or company is very close to those in state office and giving them a nice handout.

http://mic.com/articles/122607/arizo...ocking-results

Here is one so in your face and Brownback doesn't worry of any backlash. I don't know if you call it extortion or asking for a bribe. I have seen this many times in DC, a vote is held off until they figure they have pulled all the money in that can be had. The big winner are those expressing they are on the fence saying they have to look at the bill a lot closer. What is crazy, a candidate that wins the election isn't worried about being in the red with the campaign because it is easy to extort money when in office to hand out favors.

Brownback campaign sought cash from Westar official amid ongoing rate case
    http://cjonline.com/news/2015-07-20/...oing-rate-case

Let's not leave out Texas, Perry called out the National Guard to stand at the border of Texas and Mexico. The Guard wouldn't have any official capacity as far as detaining so called illegals, the most they could do is watch and report. He called them out so fast that provision weren't made to feed and house the men and women. If I was one of the guardsman I would be a little upset, pulling me out of a job that in most cases pays a lot more than the guard does for something like this. Then if was a tax payer, I would be upset also for pay for such a political stunt. Then it wasn't long after Texas got deluged with rain then ask for federal money. Don't forget about those who were wanting Texas to secede from the USA.

Then the latest, Obama not putting the American Flag at Half Mask for the Marines killed in Chattanooga. I don't know who started the up roar but it took off like wild fire. I am rather sure it came from a right winger that knew full well what the protocol is for the president to order flags at half mask. First of all it is protocol on a national bases reserved for elected officials to the federal government and/or heads of federal agencies and diplomats. It is also protocol for the flag to be lower to half mast the day of the burial which the flags were lowered yesterday for the first of the 5 to be buried. This sets a rather difficult precedent for future soldiers that die in the line of duty. The flag may be at half mast more than full mast. And if it isn't, is that saying those that follow are less important. Anyway those who were screaming got jerked around by their own for political purposes only.

Another one on Kansas

Fourteen Republican lawmakers are attending the annual ALEC conference in San Diego this week in part on the taxpayer’s dime.

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-...#storylink=cpy

It has always been and will always be the Gubberment way. Spend a dollar to save a dime.
    Last edited by SteveW; 07-22-2015 at 09:01 PM.
    Hillary +3

System Specifications