Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Re: Something is Very Wrong Here.

In earlier posts I have talked about corruption in Wisconsin, Kansas, Missouri, Texas, and Arizona. Here is even a better one Bobby Jindal Governor of Louisiana.

given $11 billion of public money in the form of taxpayer subsidies to multinational corporations
    ExxonMobil his received $263 million, Valero and Cleco received $315 million and $180 million, respectively, costing the average resident there $2,500.

Proposed slashing $300 million from state colleges and universities, $673 million Jindal cut from college education since he took office.

Fracking companies have cost Louisiana $1.2 billion in tax dollars thanks to a horizontal drilling exemption he enabled, Duck Dynasty gets $330,000 in taxpayer dollars for every episodes that run, Two Walmart stores built in wealthy Louisiana suburbs sucked up $700,000 in tax dollars, another $10 million in taxpayer handouts to Valero for an expansion that created 43 jobs, increased the amount of handouts in six major corporate tax credit programs by $650 million.

Louisiana’s legislature just had to balance a $1.4 billion revenue shortfall.

Jindal signed off on $1.6 billion in property tax cuts for the oil and gas company Cheniere Energy

http://www.occupy.com/article/king-c...cked-louisiana

Those other state governors pale in comparison to Bobby. Or is this the way to run a state by giving tax payer dollars to profitable corporations and get little job growth in return?

^ But they all pale in comparison to Barrack Hussein Obama who cleverly maneuvered Trillions from taxpayers.... Bragging now the US deficit spending is DOWN to $486 Billion dollars in 2014. U.S. National debt was $10.6 Trillion dollars when Wonder Boy took office and is currently estimated to be $19.1 Trillion when Captain Slimeball leaves office.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    ^ But they all pale in comparison to Barrack Hussein Obama who cleverly maneuvered Trillions from taxpayers.... Bragging now the US deficit spending is DOWN to $486 Billion dollars in 2014. U.S. National debt was $10.6 Trillion dollars when Wonder Boy took office and is currently estimated to be $19.1 Trillion when Captain Slimeball leaves office.
    Let's go back a bit further when Bush came into office. He was handed a budge surplus and a project surplus of over 4 trillion in 10 years. The last budget under Bush was a deficit of 1.3 trillions, that is a turn around of 5.3 trillion not to mention all the years he ran a budget deficit. When you take that into account as of 9/30/2001 the debt was at 5.8 trillion and as of 9/30/09 11.9 trillion. Bush ran the debt up 6.1 trillion while 7 1/2 of those years were rather stable to good for the economy. So it turns out that Bush had a turn around 10 trillion from budget surplus to deficit spending. Bush was handed a rather good economy compared to what Bush handed wonder boy. Actually a train wreck. Bush only had a little over a year of the train wreck as his last budget went to 9/30/09. So Captain Slimeball has done a rather good job of pulling the economy out of the deep hole that was handed to him and the if the Captain had been handed a budget surplus and not train wreck in progress we would be paying the debt down. In other word at the end of 10 years we would only have a debt of 2.1 trillion. So that is a difference of 17 trillion Bush and company handed the tax payers.

As I explained in more simple terms to another person, this person loans his car to his best buddy and his buddy drove carelessly and crashed the car. The owner of the car is all up in arm and tick off at the shop owner about how much it cost and the amount of time to get the car fixed while the owner is patting his buddy on the back and saying good job. It didn't take much to crash the car but a lot more time to fix it alone with the cost of the repairs. If his buddy had brought the car back without crashing it, there wouldn't have been all the repair costs.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 07-24-2015 at 01:16 PM.

^ When all else fails, and the Race Card isn't applicable - Blame Bush.

Brilliant Argument!
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

http://www.politifact.com/florida/st...is-first-term/

This article also addresses deficit as opposed to debt. Obama has failed. End of story.
    FRH
    If more sane people were armed the crazy ones would get off fewer shots.

Win 7 Premium SP1 / MX 15 KDE / MEPIS 11

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post

Brilliant Argument!
    Yes it is. Because facts and history will bare it out.

Let me see if I understand your logic.

We have two relay teams and team 1 by their past times can barely beat team two. During the race the third runner of 4 of team1 stumbles, falls ending up with a bum leg thus team 1 losing the race. But your logic is team 1 still should have won the race and you blame the 4th runner for losing the race.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 07-24-2015 at 01:33 PM.

This coming from Cruz leaves me speechless, he sounds like Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearwater View Post
    This coming from Cruz leaves me speechless, he sounds like Sanders.

Cruz calling a liar a liar, makes you think of Sanders? Now that is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by thewanderer View Post
    Cruz calling a liar a liar, makes you think of Sanders? Now that is a stretch.
    You need to watch the whole video. From the middle on Cruz sounds like Sanders, and yes I said sounds like Sander.

The candidate I'm looking for is one the left and right establishment hates. A candidate MSM can't tolerate and the political pundits say can't win. If you can find that candidate he or she is doing something right. Phuck the politically correct status quo...
    Last edited by tucker; 07-26-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    The candidate I'm looking for is one the left and right establishment hates. A candidate MSM can't tolerate and the political pundits say can't win. If you can find that candidate he or she is doing something right. Phuck the politically correct status quo...
    Both Cruz and Trump fit those specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by thewanderer View Post
    Both Cruz and Trump fit those specifications.
    Randy Paul fits them best- but I'm not holding my breath. The plan of fracturing any candidate from unifying this compromised party is taking it's toll. And the self-destructive trend of the party to nominate more democrats should be an indication of the need to either clean house or walk out.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Does anyone see the hypocrisy in the following?

"I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be allowed a debate and then a vote," the Republican leader said from the Senate floor. "When there is some overwhelming bipartisan support for an idea, even if I oppose it, it doesn't require some special deal to see a vote occur on that measure."

How about trying to overturn obamacare that didn't have a chance in h*ll to being passed.

How about this one

“Squabbling and sanctimony may be tolerated on the campaign trail but not in here," Hatch said.

He called for an end for senators using the Senate floor as a means of "advancing personal ambitions" to "promote a personal campaign" and "fundraise."

How many time have we seen republicans promoting their personal ambitions on the floor of the Senate and House.

They expect everyone to have short memories. HEEEEEEE

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...for-ex-im-vote

This is good, McConnell allows a vote on the Import/Export bank knowing that all the democrats favor it and Cruz called him out Friday in the video I posted above #37. In the video it is suggest that private banks could handle Import/Export financing and not have the taxpayers be on the hook to fund this bank. Oh Well

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/24...o-revive-ex-im

Here comes Cruz again

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/24...o-revive-ex-im
    Last edited by Clearwater; 07-27-2015 at 01:08 PM.

What Jim Inhofe isn't saying about Germany is, they were spending the same percentage of disposable income for electricity back in the 80s vs now. German household electricity bills consume a smaller share of disposable income than the European average.

https://www.cleanenergywire.org/fact...olds-pay-power

He also isn't saying what it will cost if we do nothing to lead the rest of the world to cleaner energy. We would have to put economic presser on these other countries to clean up their act. But if we do nothing here and try to force these other countries to cleaner production of energy they will laugh at us.

Then he says that the cost of cap and trade would be $3000 per household per year which is 10 times more than what was published in the New York Times study that Rep. John Boehner disputed in a letter April 1, 2009 which would put to cost at around $340 per family per year.

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/...republican.pdf

You really have to pay close attention to these people when they start throwing around figures and check them out.
    Last edited by Clearwater; 07-28-2015 at 03:08 AM.

Be sure to watch to the end what Greanspan has to say in 2008