303 days ago I quit smoking cigarettes.

well it's been 303 days since I went from 3-5 packs, 60-100 cigarettes, or possibly more if there was a concert or binge drink or game-fest or whatever, EVERY DAY, to nicotine free, ending the 23 year habit that I thought would get the 80/90's jocks to stop bullying me, and that didn't work, they just broke my smokes infront of me, but I digress,

I didn;t wana prove how strong I am, cuz I wanted to be done with nicotine. I Took a 7 month sabbatical, I used the 31mg prescription only patch for 2 weeks, then the 27mg for 3, then on to the normal plan. I used cigarette sized nicotine-free e-smokes, (minty) I dabbed crazy amounts of hash oil to numb the withdrawl, and I gamed, and I v-laned (baked outta my mind unable to play well, sry) and i pcper-ed.

And here we are 303 days. I'm in a new kitchen surrounded by smokers. I take my breaks like a normal person and just take a piss, spash some water on my face, call my wife and move on. True I would murder every single one of you for a smoke, but I am not gona. I love cigaretts more that you will ever know, and I am not going to smoke one again, ever. Period.

(unless I get cancer, then I wana smoke and coke to death instead of chemo , but thats a whole other story)
    Last edited by collie man; 07-22-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Re: 303 days ago I quit smoking cigarettes.

Congrats Collie. I'm really happy for you!

Thank you 'K-, I'm realy proud of me, it still seems so impossible. Several of my friends asume I'm cheating, not because they dont belive me, but because they know me as the dude who lit his next smoke of the but of the current smoke, and they cant belive I actualy pulled of quitting. And yet, here we are!

Congrats... I quit 5 months ago.

You deserve amedal, i tried everything even electronic ones for a while which are like using a rubber btw....

Nothing works. I want to quit and I cant, dont think you can give me advice I havent heard

Get a real vaporizer... or e-cig. Not one of the gas station types that are made by the same companies that make traditional tobacco cigarettes... get a nice RDA with a nice variable wattage box mod that runs of of 18650 batteries. It's gauranteed to work unless you have a real bad tobacco problem. I smoked fir 20+ years... after I got my first real vape setup I never even wanted a cigarette again. Go on YouTube and watch some Grimm Green, Ruby Roo, Suck My Mod, Indoor Smokers, RipTrippers videos to educate yourself about the current, reliable, affordable, effective gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXHEW View Post
    Get a real vaporizer... or e-cig. Not one of the gas station types that are made by the same companies that make traditional tobacco cigarettes... get a nice RDA with a nice variable wattage box mod that runs of of 18650 batteries. It's gauranteed to work unless you have a real bad tobacco problem. I smoked fir 20+ years... after I got my first real vape setup I never even wanted a cigarette again. Go on YouTube and watch some Grimm Green, Ruby Roo, Suck My Mod, Indoor Smokers, RipTrippers videos to educate yourself about the current, reliable, affordable, effective gear.
    They all suck even the things that look like lightsabers, when they leak, you get sick and nauseaus, and when they dont like I said, its like using a rubber.... besides my pulmonologist told me the other day dont even bother they are worst

Quote Originally Posted by Spyd3r View Post
    They all suck even the things that look like lightsabers, when they leak, you get sick and nauseaus, and when they dont like I said, its like using a rubber.... besides my pulmonologist told me the other day dont even bother they are worst
    Remember 1 thing... your pulminologist makes money when you visit him. If you quit smoking by using a vaporizer, he would lose 1 customer. By the way... I don't know where you get you info about the safety of e liquid, but a lot has changed. Well, good luck trying to quit. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXHEW View Post
    Remember 1 thing... your pulminologist makes money when you visit him. If you quit smoking by using a vaporizer, he would lose 1 customer. By the way... I don't know where you get you info about the safety of e liquid, but a lot has changed. Well, good luck trying to quit. Bye.
    Safety of e liquid is not even practiced yet, made in USA doesnt mean not full of crap. Jap study already showed most contain 2 well known toxic carcinogens, the questions is which are worst?

It's been a year. Think I could celebrate with a carton? One little carton couldn't hurt right?, just kidding I wish but no. And while switching to e-smokes MAY have benefits I still kinda feel it's not quitting, it's changing forms. Like saying you dont shoot heroin anymore you just snort some instead. What ever works for you tho, I actually have no problem with people smoking, it just cant be for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by collie man View Post
    It's been a year. Think I could celebrate with a carton? One little carton couldn't hurt right?, just kidding I wish but no. And while switching to e-smokes MAY have benefits I still kinda feel it's not quitting, it's changing forms. Like saying you dont shoot heroin anymore you just snort some instead. What ever works for you tho, I actually have no problem with people smoking, it just cant be for me anymore.
    If you smoke a carton, odds are you'll be a smoker again.

One of my degrees is a BA-Psychology, and I took a mid level Social Work school class about alcohol and drug abuse. (figured it would be good for a B and it was)

Anyway, they said that for some people nicotine withdrawal is as bad as heroin withdrawal. Don't know about that, beat it was a real bear for me to quit about 25 years ago.

Nothing I want to re-visit.

Congrats man! I quit almost 3 years ago cold turkey after smoking for a over a decade at a pack+ a day. Its definitely an achievement to be proud of!

I know lots of people that kicked the smoking habit. It's always great to see someone get that monkey off their back.

Congrats to all you ex-smokers.