1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hugh

1 100.00%
  • Jake

0 0%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

$1000 4k Gaming PC challenge

Recently me and my friend have made a bet that we could make a better gaming computer than the other if we had a $1000 budget. This computer is designed for 4k gaming. Over the course of the next few days we have vigorously researched which parts we want in the system and have finally finished our theoretical builds. We want you to pick which computer is better.

EDIT: As this is a challenge we have locked ourselves to $1000 and we are rating these computer at their 4k gaming performance

Jake build: I5 4690k (Water cooled)
    MSI 797 Gaming mobo
    Crucial 10 gb (1x8gb) + (1x2gb) DDR3 ram
    Kingston 120 gb ssd
    Hitachi Deskstar 2tb 7200 rpm
    Asus gtx 970 Strix
    EVGA Supernova 650W 80+Gold
    Thermal Take Versa case
    (Vote Jake)

"This PC's CPU power won't cause any bottlenecks and will alow the GPU to be used to it's max power. The extra ram will also be useful at 4k and ther is plenty of cooling to overclock"

Hugh Build: AMD FX 8320e (Cooler Master RR-HT2)
    MSI 760GM mobo
    G-Skill Value Series 8gb DDR3 1333
    Hitatchi Ultrastar 1tb 7200RPM
    EVGA 980ti ACX 2.0
    CoolMax 500W 80+ Certified
    2x Kingwin 120mm fans
    (Vote Hugh)

"At 4k this build will be great because the GPU should still be used to about 80% before being bottlenecked which is still better than the 970. The extra VRAM will also be useful for games with larger texture packs. The CPU should still be able to overclock to 4.3GHz even on this crappy mobo. This build is only designed for 4k and not any lower resolution as the CPU would bottleneck"

Why Pick Jake (Hugh's Negatives)
    *Hugh's motherboard is not good at overclocking
    *Not a good enough CPU
    *Not enough ram
    *Graphics card money could have been spread out better
    *No SSD

Why Pick Hugh (Jake's Negatives)
    * Graphics card is very limited at 4k
    *Lack of fans=more heat
    *Not enough dedicated graphics memory
    *GPU will be limited (100% usage) before CPU can stretch its legs giving no gaming boost

We will be counting votes in a couple of days
    Thank you

THE PC'S SHOULD ONLY BE RANKED BY THERE GAMING PERFORMANCE AT 4K

Re: $1000 4k Gaming PC challenge

980ti is faster then 970....

The poll is meaningless.

Someone spending $600 on great GPU would never bottleneck it with a crappy AMD CPU:

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphic.../Results-Heavy

Would never happen in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    The poll is meaningless.

Someone spending $600 on great GPU would never bottleneck it with a crappy AMD CPU:

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphic.../Results-Heavy

Would never happen in real life.
    Bottleneck? Maybe something below a 6300 would, but anything above that cann power 3 Furtys, Jeth shush plz, i see the admins already said something to you. you seem to have issues, incancenstendtly posting amd this amd that, is like jack nicolson in as good as it gets, either your a former disgrunteled emplyee acusing fans of being employees of amd ironically ir I dunno, did a mexican amd guy steal yer job?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyd3r View Post
    Bottleneck? Maybe something below a 6300 would, but anything above that cann power 3 Furtys, Jeth shush plz, i see the admins already said something to you. you seem to have issues, incancenstendtly posting amd this amd that, is like jack nicolson in as good as it gets, either your a former disgrunteled emplyee acusing fans of being employees of amd ironically ir I dunno, did a mexican amd guy steal yer job?
    The review I linked to was done by the website you are on, and showed a less expensive intel dual core significantly outperforming a FX 8370.

Are you saying you know more than Ryan, the site owner and reviewer?

Did you know AMD themselves give reviewers intel CPUs to benchmark their GPUs, and recommend reviewers use intel CPUs?

http://techreport.com/review/24086/a...adeon-hd-8790m

Why are you trying to trick gamers into believing AMD CPUs are a good choice for gaming?

I'm the only one posting valid information in this thread.

You are attempting to deceive buyers without links to backing data collected by review sites.

Shame on you.

The review I linked to was done by the website you are on, and showed a less expensive intel dual core significantly outperforming a FX 8370.

Are you saying you know more than Ryan, the site owner and reviewer?

Did you know AMD themselves give reviewers intel CPUs to benchmark their GPUs, and recommend reviewers use intel CPUs?

http://techreport.com/review/24086/a...adeon-hd-8790m

Why are you trying to trick gamers into believing AMD CPUs are a good choice for gaming?

I'm the only one posting valid information in this thread.

You are attempting to deceive buyers without links to backing data collected by review sites.

Shame on you.
    Nah Ryan just knows more then you, at least he shows thats its one intel thats cheap that can outperform evertything else costs and arm and a leg, but htey your a gamer taht games with what he wants, whats sad is that your not a 13 year old, act like one, hey at least you support your own hobbie, but im sure in other areas you lack, you know what they say about those who need "big engines". in any case maybe your on another planet, but I think in most cases for the price amd is a better value, if you deny that then your a lost cause

Nah Ryan just knows more then you, at least he shows thats its one intel thats cheap that can outperform evertything else costs and arm and a leg, but htey your a gamer taht games with what he wants, whats sad is that your not a 13 year old, act like one, hey at least you support your own hobbie, but im sure in other areas you lack, you know what they say about those who need "big engines". in any case maybe your on another planet, but I think in most cases for the price amd is a better value, if you deny that then your a lost cause
    So 95% of desktop PC users are a "lost cause"? LOL

Intel CPUs are dirt cheap for what you get.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-284-_-Product

AMD FX-8350 4GHz CPU: $169.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-372-_-Product

intel 4690K 3.5GHz CPU: $239.99

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8227/d...and-i5-4690k/5

Now look at the minimum fps on the games:

Game........................AMD FX8350......................intel4690K
    F1...............................69....................................95

Bioshock......................12.....................................28

Tomb Raider.................72.....................................72

Sleeping Dogs................51....................................61

COH..............................21....................................23

BF4...............................63....................................86

Wowee! The AMD CPU was as good of a product to have on 1 of 6 games!

If a person can only afford $100 for a CPU they should get a console and call it a day. They cannot afford computer gaming.

If a person can only afford $100 for a CPU they should get a console and call it a day. They cannot afford computer gaming.
    I think you just made the definition for the word snob or naive either one. Maybe someone ppl like to use 70 r even 50 bucks for something else? I dunno maybe you should try it you know, flowers, chocolate, bottle of wine.....

But since you like to play the prove me wrong game go ahead be my guest and show us poor only 100 dollar cpu ppl if an intel 100 dollar one can even come close

I think you just made the definition for the word snob or naive either one. Maybe someone ppl like to use 70 r even 50 bucks for something else? I dunno maybe you should try it you know, flowers, chocolate, bottle of wine.....

But since you like to play the prove me wrong game go ahead be my guest and show us poor only 100 dollar cpu ppl if an intel 100 dollar one can even come close
    I stand by what I said. If $70 is a big deal to a person, they need to be thinking consoles. They just don't have enough money for a proper gaming computer and shouldn't waste it on some AMD parts that are obsolete the day you open them.

I don't even consider $100 CPUs good enough for anything except grandma to send emails with.

Funny some ppl know how to stretch a dollar....

Yes we should play consoles then.... cause my rig below cant run anything right? Or are you going to contest that?

Not money foir a "proper" gaming computer? So unless you have a NASA astro calculator its not proper? Who are you to define whats proper? Some ppl game on friggen kaveris. Obsolote this and that, but riddle me this, so what if this obsolete chip can still run anything you throw at it?

Yes grandman sends emails with sempys, the FX does heavy work, ill even put it against something of yours comparable, heck and let me bench oced ill probably pwn ya

Funny some ppl know how to stretch a dollar....

Yes we should play consoles then.... cause my rig below cant run anything right? Or are you going to contest that?

Not money foir a "proper" gaming computer? So unless you have a NASA astro calculator its not proper? Who are you to define whats proper? Some ppl game on friggen kaveris. Obsolote this and that, but riddle me this, so what if this obsolete chip can still run anything you throw at it?

Yes grandman sends emails with sempys, the FX does heavy work, ill even put it against something of yours comparable, heck and let me bench oced ill probably pwn ya
    You say in the other thread you can't quit smoking. So every 10 days you light the difference between an FX8350 and a 4690K on fire and burn it up for no reason.

Not to mention you'll spend the $70 the 4690K costs on the extra electricity required to run an AMD CPU fairly quickly:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...4690k-review/6

The benchmarks I've linked show the lower gaming performance of the AMD parts, so it's also almost certainly true the intel parts have a longer usable life.