Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hugh

1 100.00%
  • Jake

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: $1000 4k Gaming PC challenge

Funny some ppl know how to stretch a dollar....

Yes we should play consoles then.... cause my rig below cant run anything right? Or are you going to contest that?

Not money foir a "proper" gaming computer? So unless you have a NASA astro calculator its not proper? Who are you to define whats proper? Some ppl game on friggen kaveris. Obsolote this and that, but riddle me this, so what if this obsolete chip can still run anything you throw at it?

Yes grandman sends emails with sempys, the FX does heavy work, ill even put it against something of yours comparable, heck and let me bench oced ill probably pwn ya

Quote Originally Posted by Spyd3r View Post
    Funny some ppl know how to stretch a dollar....

Yes we should play consoles then.... cause my rig below cant run anything right? Or are you going to contest that?

Not money foir a "proper" gaming computer? So unless you have a NASA astro calculator its not proper? Who are you to define whats proper? Some ppl game on friggen kaveris. Obsolote this and that, but riddle me this, so what if this obsolete chip can still run anything you throw at it?

Yes grandman sends emails with sempys, the FX does heavy work, ill even put it against something of yours comparable, heck and let me bench oced ill probably pwn ya
    You say in the other thread you can't quit smoking. So every 10 days you light the difference between an FX8350 and a 4690K on fire and burn it up for no reason.

Not to mention you'll spend the $70 the 4690K costs on the extra electricity required to run an AMD CPU fairly quickly:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...4690k-review/6

The benchmarks I've linked show the lower gaming performance of the AMD parts, so it's also almost certainly true the intel parts have a longer usable life.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    You say in the other thread you can't quit smoking. So every 10 days you light the difference between an FX8350 and a 4690K on fire and burn it up for no reason.

Not to mention you'll spend the $70 the 4690K costs on the extra electricity required to run an AMD CPU fairly quickly:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...4690k-review/6

The benchmarks I've linked show the lower gaming performance of the AMD parts, so it's also almost certainly true the intel parts have a longer usable life.
    Your mind is really something, smoking and c omputer hardware in the same sentence. I think its time to start ignoring you, these are not even low blows.

Still waiting for a 100 dollar intel for you to prove anything

lol extra electricity, yeah I buy amd so I can have my smokes lol

Your mind is really something, smoking and c omputer hardware in the same sentence. I think its time to start ignoring you, these are not even low blows.

Still waiting for a 100 dollar intel for you to prove anything

lol extra electricity, yeah I buy amd so I can have my smokes lol
    Hey you're the one that threw out there that the $70 price difference in the FX8350 was a big deal to some people, so I say "Stop smoking 10 days and you have that $70, and the PC will last you years".

Also, if you're a heavy computer user, the difference in electric costs will take a big chunk out of that $70, as will having to upgrade less frequently because you start out with a far more powerful CPU. Then factor in how much less a used AMD cpu is worth on re-sale, and how much smaller your market to sell to is.

Buying an AMD FX CPU is like saying "Yay! I saved $70 today, but in the next 3-4 years I'll probably be out $150!". (or more)

This is the lie of AMD CPUs being a better value. They actually would be, if:
    A. They had similar performance
    B. They had similar re-sale
    C. They cost similar to run

But those things haven't been true for a long time for AMD and that's why 95% of desktop users buy intel these days.

If Zen is their return to competition, I'll buy it. Not because I "need" it, but to support AMD. I want AMD around making comparable parts.

My 7970s and 290 were the best deals I've ever gotten on a high end card. My Rage Fury MAXX was one of the more interesting cards I've ever owned, albeit a piece of crap for drivers. The 2GB VESA ATi card I had back in the days before OpenGL/D3D was the bomb for the time. My AMD FX-60 was the bomb until Core 2 launched, and I used AMD CPUs almost entirely between 486 DX-120 up until the FX. (and I've used/bought around 5 Phenom and Phenom IIs since then- drew the line at Faildozer)

Unlike you, I am a real computer gamer.

I do things like build water cooled quad SLi or Crossfire rigs, do case mods to cool, run 4K, 1600p, or 3dVision spanned across three monitors. Have spent tens of thousands on this stuff.

You'll have to pardon me if some guy whose rig isn't even up the standards of my spare/unused rig (4690/MSI Gamer 5/HIS Ice Q Radeon 290/8GB/128GB SSD + 2TB mechanical/Dell 3008 1600p) tries to tell me about computer gaming hardware.

Been a computer gamer since the 1980s. To me, you seem like a noob or poser.
    Last edited by jethro; 09-18-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Hey you're the one that threw out there that the $70 price difference in the FX8350 was a big deal to some people, so I say "Stop smoking 10 days and you have that $70, and the PC will last you years".

Also, if you're a heavy computer user, the difference in electric costs will take a big chunk out of that $70, as will having to upgrade less frequently because you start out with a far more powerful CPU. Then factor in how much less a used AMD cpu is worth on re-sale, and how much smaller your market to sell to is.

Buying an AMD FX CPU is like saying "Yay! I saved $70 today, but in the next 3-4 years I'll probably be out $150!". (or more)

This is the lie of AMD CPUs being a better value. They actually would be, if:
    A. They had similar performance
    B. They had similar re-sale
    C. They cost similar to run

But those things haven't been true for a long time for AMD and that's why 95% of desktop users buy intel these days.

If Zen is their return to competition, I'll buy it. Not because I "need" it, but to support AMD. I want AMD around making comparable parts.

My 7970s and 290 were the best deals I've ever gotten on a high end card. My Rage Fury MAXX was one of the more interesting cards I've ever owned, albeit a piece of crap for drivers. The 2GB VESA ATi card I had back in the days before OpenGL/D3D was the bomb for the time. My AMD FX-60 was the bomb until Core 2 launched, and I used AMD CPUs almost entirely between 486 DX-120 up until the FX. (and I've used/bought around 5 Phenom and Phenom IIs since then- drew the line at Faildozer)

Unlike you, I am a real computer gamer.

I do things like build water cooled quad SLi or Crossfire rigs, do case mods to cool, run 4K, 1600p, or 3dVision spanned across three monitors. Have spent tens of thousands on this stuff.

You'll have to pardon me if some guy whose rig isn't even up the standards of my spare/unused rig (4690/MSI Gamer 5/Radeon 290/8GB/128GB SSD + 2TB mechanical/Dell 3008 1600p) tries to tell me about computer gaming hardware.

Been a computer gamer since the 1980s. To me, you seem like a poser.
    Jethros tactics, lookie a cpu that costs 70 dollars more wins!!

Ohh noes he wants equal value, well yeah, my electric bill can fry eggs with amd now its so much higher, Yet again, the smoking lol. You think I think of smokes when purchasing HW? Lets just say I think of something you cant get

Jethros tactics, lookie a cpu that costs 70 dollars more wins!!

Ohh noes he wants equal value, well yeah, my electric bill can fry eggs with amd now its so much higher, Yet again, the smoking lol. You think I think of smokes when purchasing HW? Lets just say I think of something you cant get
    In the OP, people buying $400-$600 GPUs don't shaft themselves on CPU performance to save $70..

As far as I go, I don't have to make "either/or" choices with nickels and dimes like $70..

In the OP, people buying $400-$600 GPUs don't shaft themselves on CPU performance to save $70..

As far as I go, I don't have to make "either/or" choices with nickels and dimes like $70..
    Sigh, still doesnt get it, adding you to ignore like Poci should have done a while back.

Eventually maybe you will realize no one cares about these posts of yours