Builing a music recording computer from from the current leaderboard midrange system.

Need a few pointers on building a music recording system by upgrading the configuration on the current leaderboard midrange system. Have questions about using an i7 processor and using full 32GB of memory. What would be the best i7 to use in place of the suggested i5 and should I just choose the 4x8 sticks of gskill ripjaws x series to have the full 32gb of ram or will I need to configure windows to see the full 32GBs?

Re: Builing a music recording computer from from the current leaderboard midrange sys

I'm no expert, but I would get an SSD for recording purposes so you don't have the occassional stoppage of recording. My other build I'm considering just a 60GB SSD along with a 7200RPM regular HD for all my non-music recordable files.

What's your main DAW?

Re: Builing a music recording computer from from the current leaderboard midrange sys

Music composition isn't as demanding as video production. The files are nowhere near as big.

an i5, 8gb ram and even a HDD would be fine.