Question Same audiostream from multiple audio ports?

Hello,
    My problem is rather peculiar, and a google search proved unsuccessful.

I built my PC using an old server cabinet. So there wasn't provision for front ports. Nor did this motherboard come supplied with any panel for the front. So for 6 years now I've had to reach around to the back and swap speakers for headphones and vice versa. I had no complaint with the effort put in. But in the process, I damaged the plugs on both speakers, and headphones, and was left no option but to purchase new ones.

Anyway, I'm looking for a solution of sorts, I haven't a clue if what I have in mind is even possible, but figured you kind folks might have some answers.
    My audio runs off an onboard Realtek AC 97. 5.1 capable, however running stereo speakers without woofer. I was wondering if there was a software method to have the front and rear ports transmit the same audio, so that I may plug my speakers into one and headphones into the other. Allow both to play at all times, my speakers have a simple mute button, and headphones a volume slider. Thus eliminate all plugging and unplugging.

I'm not hopeful, this sounds far fetched. But any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Gokul Lalwani.
    India.

Re: Same audiostream from multiple audio ports?

Have you tried using a splitter ?

For example
    http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YMM232-6-.../dp/B000068O5G

I did. And it seemed acceptable so long as I was doing nothing of consequence. Windows sounds, skype chat. But the moment I put in a Audio CD, i felt like I had lost detail all around, more noticeable on the highs though. While I might settle on it eventually just to safeguard my hardware, it was not the complete solution.

Might I add, the splitter I was using was a Aiwa, over a decade old, and I doubt I paid more than 2-3 USD for it. Do you think it might have anything to do with the quality of a splitter?
    Last edited by gokullalwani; 08-10-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gokullalwani View Post
    Might I add, the splitter I was using was a Aiwa, over a decade old, and I doubt I paid more than 2-3 USD for it. Do you think it might have anything to do with the quality of a splitter?
    Possibly, but every-time you split a signal like that you are losing signal strength. (around 3db iirc)

You may want to invest in a sound card and try the splitter thing again (possibly using a new splitter)

Doesn't hurt to buy a new splitter. A good quality one. Found one from Monster Cable for a mere 10$ I'll begin with that and revert back.

Hello again,
    I picked up a reasonable splitter from Monoprice. Now only a negligible loss of quality. I suppose I could live with this.
    Nonetheless, I found a USB sound card, unknown brand, but too cheap to pass up experimenting with. It should be here in a few days, will test and revert.