Tug of war between red green and blue

Over my years in IT now I have finally grown tiresom of seeing the classic beat the dead horse debates of these

When are people going to realize 1 year its this 2 years later its red 2 years after green again?

Yes ppl sit there and argue it like if it were politicics or Id say even more passionatly?

Face it all side, I think we all know what I prefer but has nothing to do with fanboism or zealot, has to do with 2 things, politics and economics. I explain in 2 sentences

1)Blue practicies typical big monopoly tactics and the location of its headquarters in Oregon if Im not mistaken is more then just disrupting local economy and community. Green steals other companys ideas and even if you had the hardware itself of this other company of course you can still use it with the pretty new green driver but says no even with the old hardware no no to using red. THat my friends is illegal, how their lawyers found a loophole for that is what disgusts me about the legal system and capitalism

2(As for economics its a no brainer, why should I pay over 200 something bucks for something I can get for less then 120 OC the hell out of it and acheive higher performance then probably even that 200 chip oced as well? I think most people know here OCing is not just click click click, its finding the "sweet spot"
    And as for video, no argument there, 150 dollar card can run anything scores almost 10k 3dmark 11, nough said, no arguing greeen can do it either, nor do any green priced 150 come close to memory bandwith, may be a few that may I add have to be next generation or two more with some more GPU power. But lets get real.
    DO I have to post links or can some people just look at what Ryan or Josh has to say in their review about anything I mentioned.....

Re: Tug of war between red green and blue

There are even people witht the cooling argument, been there done that too.
    Water frys electricity and better yet some companies claim concave mating surfaces work better......

I dunno this air cooler is totally flat and yeah sue me so I spent 40 on a fat delta that can slice diamonds. BUt you know what this was the just in case I can hit 5 ghz or beyond territory.

My point is why spend and then brag lookie I spent 150 or 250 and have green water I have to put anti fungal stuff in every month to show my friends?

I think the simple aircooler does just as well, even with stock cooling.

But some people like to sleep, as so my "wired" IT teacher used to say, my response at the time was well a P4 stock is a friggen turbine jet engine.....

Now I would just say 3 letters PWM control.....

My point, times change, yes everyone has their opinion, but like in chess is the smart move to sacrifice a peon for say a horse? thinking u got check? Or are there other smarter alternatives?

Yes it's an "eternal tug of war". I bet over at intel and NVIDIA right now they are feverishly working to counter whatever AMD's next big move is.

There were likely meetings this week where engineers were told, "We hear AMD is planning something BIG. Heads will roll if you guys can't answer this imminent threat!".

You're a riot Poci.

Meanwhile, AMD is so broke they can't even pay MS their $500 Verisign fee:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2448874

It's not very reassuring when I download a Catalyst update and get a UAC prompt for running a file C : \Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9D93.exe from "Unknown Publisher."

I checked the EXE file and there is a Verisign cert used, but it was for ATI not AMD and expired January 8. Also, there is no version for the EXE in the details.

AMD, you need to spend the $500/year for your cert just like we do.

Reality check:

AMD has not had a leading performance CPU since July 2006, when intel launched the Core 2 Duo.

AMD has not had an industry leading GPU since March 2012.

The speeds your AMD CPU can reach are irrelevant because even at 5Ghz their chips are slower than old intel chips at 3.3GHz:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...iver-5ghz.html

AMD is just a tough sell Poci.

They used to have a loyal following of customers, but guys like you posting inaccurate information to get free parts and second tier performance have even ended that.

They shouldn't have invested so heavily in viral marketing, this really alienated the enthusiast community. Furthermore, they should have put some thought into who they let in to their viral marketing program.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Reality check:

AMD has not had a leading performance CPU since July 2006, when intel launched the Core 2 Duo.

AMD has not had an industry leading GPU since March 2012.

The speeds your AMD CPU can reach are irrelevant because even at 5Ghz their chips are slower than old intel chips at 3.3GHz:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...iver-5ghz.html

AMD is just a tough sell Poci.

They used to have a loyal following of customers, but guys like you posting inaccurate information to get free parts and second tier performance have even ended that.

They shouldn't have invested so heavily in viral marketing, this really alienated the enthusiast community. Furthermore, they should have put some thought into who they let in to their viral marketing program.
    Well said Jethro. But now with Spyd3r, err Poci, errr Ganji (remember THAT one?) gone again we'll have to wait a couple of years for his reply. As for AMD, I know as well as you do how truly screwed they are, but I definitely don't like it. When they bought ATI, I was really hoping they would continue the much needed competition that Nvidia thrives on. Now though, we're going to pay the price for lack of competition, both from a financial standpoint, and a lack of innovation from Nvidia.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by Just1n bieber View Post
    WHo cares, you want years, how about uhh 2 hours after I log on I can come back here whenever I want, but yet again why waste my time, got a better plan for this place... Go ahead call the cavalry, they yalready watching me lol
    Gee, and just when we thought PC Per was a Poci Purged Place.

Nice veiled threat, going to unleash the fury (no pun intended) of the AMD Advocate/Team Red multitudes upon us all?

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Well said Jethro. But now with Spyd3r, err Poci, errr Ganji (remember THAT one?) gone again we'll have to wait a couple of years for his reply. As for AMD, I know as well as you do how truly screwed they are, but I definitely don't like it. When they bought ATI, I was really hoping they would continue the much needed competition that Nvidia thrives on. Now though, we're going to pay the price for lack of competition, both from a financial standpoint, and a lack of innovation from Nvidia.
    I was a huge AMD fan for many YEARS, convincing family and friends they were "good enough" and a "good value". Then they launched their huge viral program and literally destroyed the tech forum community.

So, good riddance to bad rubbish.

intel and NVIDIA could have hoisted the Jolly Roger and said "Yaaaaarrrr! Time to plunder!" years ago, not so much anymore. Time and trend caught up with them. At the end of the day, most of us can run most office apps and net stuff on an Apple or Qualcomm APU, and do a lot of 1080p gaming.

Do we "need" 4K or 4X AA? Nope, and we'd shift the market away from those companies if the new base price of GPUs and CPUs was $999..

Not to mention the HUGE used/unsold inventory of parts that can do everything we need for years to come.

Most of all- intel and NVIDIA need to keep the doors open, so they'll keep bringing out better products at a price we'll pay. If they don't, we'll hold on to our parts longer and their income will plummet.

Done watching this