AMD cuts another 5% of their workforce.

The Silicon Valley chipmaker did not reveal the total number of jobs it will look to cut, but AMD reported a total employee count of 9,700 in its most recent annual report, which would mean nearly 500 jobs are on the chopping block.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/adv...dist=afterbell
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

― George Orwell, 1984

Re: AMD cuts another 5% of their workforce.

Heyyo,

Ouch... I send my condolences to the affected families and I hope they are able to find employment elsewhere soon....

With that said? I do hope this drastic measure pays off... sure I know the economy is in a slump but I hope this helps AMD become profitable again. So many layoffs in all types of jobs right now it sucks.
    My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf
    My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_MarD View Post
    Heyyo,

Ouch... I send my condolences to the affected families and I hope they are able to find employment elsewhere soon....

With that said? I do hope this drastic measure pays off... sure I know the economy is in a slump but I hope this helps AMD become profitable again. So many layoffs in all types of jobs right now it sucks.
    If I were one of the 5%, I'd Fed Ex a box of dog crap to Edelman PR.

AMD used to have a loyal enthusiast following that not only bought their parts even if they were worse performing, but convinced our friends and relatives to buy them as well. (self included)

Now that their "AMD Advocates" and "Team Red" have largely destroyed tech forums like this one and alienated or flat out angered everyone who wasn't on their payroll the only market they have left is people buying on price only, Not good for margins.

Wonder if the smart people there even know about the irreparable damage they've caused?
    Last edited by jethro; 10-02-2015 at 10:46 PM.

So I decided to drop in to see what's happening and lo and behold I see that wormtongue is still doing his (or her) best to finish off PCPer or what's left of it. Here's to you jethro, an article written about your psyche.

"An Internet Troll requires access to cyberspace in order to engage in their nonsensical passive aggression. Without having what this writer calls the “veil of anonymity” available to all online users, Internet Trolls would be non-existent. If anything, and without going into a long diatribe, if they could not hide behind their technology, “they would quickly have their ass kicked for their incessant provocations.” Prior to the internet, Internet Trolls were men, women and children who kept their subconscious fantasies for power, control & dominance between their ears hoping to one day ascend to a position in life whereby they could feel psychologically superior. Now with the internet and a cyber environment to interact with others without being in the physical presence of others to communicate, the Internet Troll flourishes."

Michael Nuccitelli, Psy.D.

Have a nice day.
    My HTPC

ASRock 970 Extreme3
    AMD FX-4100 w/Coolermaster GeminII S cooler
    M Station HT-1100 HTPC Media Center case
    Antec 480 NeoPower PSU
    Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX
    Gigabyte GV-R467ZL 4670/1GB video card
    Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 500GB SATA hd
    Windows7 Ultimate x64 & Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (partitioned)
    Pioneer DVR-215D SATA DVD burner
    Samsung 40" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV LN40C630

You can teach an old dog; it just takes longer.

What is it about my reply about AMD's hundreds of viral marketeers that angers you Electric Bill?

Do you think they've made the tech forums a better place? Please elaborate.