Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    ^^ now you're trying to piss me off.

The UN. Freedoms worse enemy.
    I'm too late ... aren't I? I bet "Obama" is a trigger word for you.

Get help. Get even at the ballot box this year. If Trump has half the bombastic balls people think he has, I think the days of freedom outside of Leavenworth for much of this administration are numbered.

The UN has been a puppet organ cobbling together the New World GovernmentOrder with world banking and US tax dollars for decades. Every punk despot that murders his own masses is slavering over the poisoned carrots of "lending facilities", agenda-hijacked "charities" and carbon tax bribes to schill their votes for the TPP type agreements and beyond.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Growing number of Police Chiefs, Sheriffs join call to arms.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/15...?intcmp=hplnws

When the cops tell you they can't protect you there's good reason to protect yourself.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

California's 10 day wait period on the purchase of all guns is being challenged in the courts.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/17...l?intcmp=hpbt3

A stupid unnecessary duplication of a crazy law.
    Last edited by tucker; 02-17-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    California's 10 day wait period on the purchase of all guns is being challenged in the courts.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/17...l?intcmp=hpbt3

A stupid unnecessary duplication of a crazy law.
    The same libtards who cry disenfranchisement every time a state requires voters ID's to vote(and makes ID's free), are in lockstep to make it as difficult as possible for law abiding citizens to buy a gun.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

I'm a naturalized American in NJ, guns scare me, they don't care who pulls the trigger or where they are pointed.

Don't me wrong I can shoot and I'm pretty accurate - but to me guns belong in ranges, unless the deer and bears, etc, are allowed to defend themselves.

My son loves them, and is licensed for 2 at his house, no mean feat in NJ.

The Brit in me knows gun control only impacts those doing it legally, but I do get scared looking at the antics and appearance of some gun toting folks.

For those pleading about the 2nd, would you please limit your militia to flintlocks..

At least then I could run for cover in the smoke of the first shot, they were and are, horribly inaccurate and slow to reload.

Then again, I think we should lower the drinking age or raise the age of adulthood, so maybe my views are a little extreme!
    Last edited by Britgeezer; 02-25-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

^ My grandparents were naturalized US citizens, I live in Texas and criminals scare me - most times they don't care who they victimize. To me, criminals all belong in jails. As soon as you can guarantee they'll all be confined in jails, I'll be first in line to turn in my guns. I don't want to be the next victim and do all I can to prevent that situation.

The American in me knows gun control only impacts those doing it legally, but I do get concerned looking at the antics and appearance of some of the criminal element in this great country. I also get concerned with the Anti Gun crowd.

If you have an actual solution to this quandary, other than taking my guns, please do share it.
    Last edited by SteveW; 02-25-2016 at 08:34 PM.

let's here for the bundy's!

bb

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    ^

If you have an actual solution to this quandary, other than taking my guns, please do share it.
    Well since I can't become the President .... 0ooops different thread.

Well it may not be liked but part of my solution would probably take away guns from some (very tough background / physc checks) and those rifles capable of easily becoming again fully automatic, from most. Simply don't see the justification / need, - Auto's (yes, yes, one shot per pull) keep and use one at the range if you will.

That would be combined with bringing back profiling (it worked) to stop or reduce the crimes that we both fear to one degree or another.

In "my" world, jails would be a feared place to be (as in fear of being incarcerated, not fear of working there), being sentenced to to 10 or 25 would mean exactly that, gangs forbidden or "deleted" if you will.

The point would be to avoid you wanting the gun accessible in your home or person to defend yourself - instead keep it safe for personal off site enjoyment use.

To your point, yes it means treating criminals, both potential and proven differently; we have to, someone (not right of Attila the Hun like me) will object if they all just get shot on the job.
    the Britgeezer

@Bob - Don't you hate it when you miss a typo?
    the Britgeezer

i realized that while watch tv and not even looking at it.
    since you called me on it, fixed.

bb

Quote Originally Posted by Britgeezer View Post

Don't me wrong I can shoot and I'm pretty accurate - but to me guns belong in ranges, unless the deer and bears, etc, are allowed to defend themselves.
    Stopped reading right here. Should cows be able to wield swords to keep from getting their throats slashed? What about chickens? How should they be armed? Then there are all those poor dogs and cats at the humane societies, I guess they should be able to gas their would be killers as well? If you like only being able to have a "gun at the range", you can always move back to England, where they will tell you just what you can and can not own, all the while not protecting their citizens. Personal responsibility is SOOO overrated!
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

I started with A BB gun at 4years old. Moved on to a single bolt action .22 at 7 years old. By 10 years old I w as shooting high power rifles, pistols and shotguns. In my lifetime I've used guns for sport, hunting and self protection. For a period of time I used big guns, medium sized guns and small guns in time of war. It might be said guns are a part of my life that I take very seriously. There is a 2nd Amendment that guarantees me the right to lawfully own guns. There are laws that guarantee me the right of self protection.

Nothing else will do PERIOD....

I like the liberal mentality:

"We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics"

^^ yep that's so politically correct it stinks like a skunk.

As they say you can call me a redneck, you can call me a barbarian, you can even call me a lunatic but don't ever make the mistake of calling me out of bullets. The only thing worse than a jammed gun is a empty gun.
    Last edited by tucker; 02-26-2016 at 12:03 AM.

This is just one of the many reasons for concealed carry.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/26...l?intcmp=hpbt4

A lesson to learn never turn your back when you're under threat.
    Last edited by tucker; 02-26-2016 at 08:48 AM.