Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

Some people think that the Constitution can be basically repealed by the ignorance and inaction of the public.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...lation-n440781
    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/1...-control-camp/

While I'm sorry that friends and family have been killed by guns, if someone's friend or family breaks into my flat, they may be going out in a body bag. If a woman with a child is threatened or assaulted, a 9mm in her possession at least gives her chance against a much larger man.

I'm in favor of some form of gun rules. Not every crazy jackass should be able to get one at Walmart and I should be able to show a CCW that proves I'm a responsible owner than have it used as proof that I have a gun to confiscate for whatever political agenda that hits the wind.

The 2nd Amendment reads like this:

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I personally believe that the a person's right to bear arms helps protect their freedom and a free country. That said, it's supposed to be a well regulated militia the public makes. I believe that easily 90% or more of the public would be responsible owners and proper training and respect for their weapon should be encouraged.

At any rate- statistics about gun violence make a poor argument for "Repeal by Decree". The US having 4.7/100,000 murders (gun related or not) means that less than 0.005% of the people need help that gun control can't provide and gun banning makes the other 99.995% easy victims and the country a door mat.

Well, here we go....
    Last edited by Skennar; 10-09-2015 at 10:05 AM.
    American Public Education Made Me Ignorant and MSM Keeps Me Stupid.

Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

There are about 100 abortions for every death from a bullet in the USA.

Two public mass shootings in the last few decades were not in a gun free zone. The rest were.

Besides it being a constitutional argument that the left wants to disregard when making their arguments, they rely on creating hysteria with misleading and often false information. Kinda like the global warming arguments, the Planned Parenthood arguments, the job situation arguments, the illegal immigration arguments, the Hillary e-mail and Benghazi arguments, and so on, and so on.

J
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post

Two public mass shootings in the last few decades were not in a gun free zone. The rest were.

Besides it being a constitutional argument that the left wants to disregard when making their arguments, they rely on creating hysteria with misleading and often false information. Kinda like the global warming arguments, the Planned Parenthood arguments, the job situation arguments, the illegal immigration arguments, the Hillary e-mail and Benghazi arguments, and so on, and so on.
    Killing babies is an acceptable practice in the radical left world. Selling body parts harvested from aborted babies is cheered by the radical left. Owning a gun makes you a mass murderer in the radical left world.

Something is radically wrong. This country and the world are heading into uncharted troubled waters.

To many college degrees in stupid.
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

I'm confused with what your point is here. Are you equating women who make the decision to have a legal abortion as a murderer?

I had to ignore the rest of this Facebook rant, global warming,lol.

I'd say the left doesn't have a lock on misleading and false information based on that post.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I'm confused with what your point is here. Are you equating women who make the decision to have a legal abortion as a murderer?

I had to ignore the rest of this Facebook rant, global warming,lol.

I'd say the left doesn't have a lock on misleading and false information based on that post.
    What information in that post is misleading or false? Are there not about 100 abortions for every death from a bullet in the USA? Is it not true that there were only two public mass shootings in the last few decades that were not in a gun free zone while the rest were?

What information in that post is misleading or false? Are there not about 100 abortions for every death from a bullet in the USA? Is it not true that there were only two public mass shootings in the last few decades that were not in a gun free zone while the rest were?
    Perhaps you are having trouble reading today. I wrote both misleading and false, mimicking the original post. To compare abortions to murders is misleading for the point I tried to make. I'm sure the numbers are probably not false, even though they seem to come off the top of both minds from you and tucker.

As to "few decades"? Ah you refer to Lott's "studies"? Where he includes crime numbers but excludes that count as a gun free zone because a crime is involved? OK.
    http://www.thetrace.org/2015/06/gun-...-theyre-wrong/
    John R. Lott is, by a significant margin, the most prolific and outspoken researcher on gun-free zones in the United States. He is the author of More Guns, Less Crime and a vociferous opponent of gun laws, having frequently testified before Congress in favor of expanding Right to Carry (RTC) policy. Lott abhors the idea of gun-free zones, and has made the ambitious claim, on numerous occasions, that “with just two exceptions, every public mass shooting in the United States since at least 1950 has taken place where citizens were banned from carrying guns.”

Central to Lott’s argument against gun-free zones is a 2000 study in which he claimed to find that the expansion of RTC laws reduces the number of people in those states killed or injured in multiple-victim shootings by a staggering 78 percent. Lott’s study, however, suffers from enormous flaws, including incorrect statistical modeling and dubious data-selection methodology.

In one example of statistical malpractice, Lott excludes many mass-shooting incidents in which the shooter was committing an additional felony (such as armed robbery) during the crime, despite the fact that felony-related mass murders account for 36 percent of the data set on which he bases the study. Lott’s explanation for doing so was an unjustified presumption that bystanders in crimes like robberies or drug deals will already “be engaged in unlawful activities that often require them to carry guns.” However, analysis of this claim reveals that 69 percent of the mass shootings excluded by Lott involved robberies committed in public locations (like convenience stores and fast-food restaurants) where the bystanders were innocent civilians. If RTC laws are to have any effect at all, then surely they would apply to such situations, making it unclear how Lott could choose to ignore them.

When Lott’s research is compared to a more recent study using more appropriate statistical models and a wider range of available data, the beneficial effect of Right to Carry policy vanishes. The authors of a 2002 study, a trio with combined criminology and economics expertise, evaluated RTC laws in 25 states from 1977 to 1999, an expanded version of Lott’s analysis (which covered 23 states in that same time period). They concluded that “RTC laws have no effect on mass public shootings at all.”
    What I find amazing is Lott's concept that if the majority of mass shootings (let's not just focus on the dead here) are performed by those with mental issues, that they somehow have the ability to reason in such a way to focus only on gun free zones? Now if that isn't a misleading conclusion then what is?

Now, I prefer to focus on the fact that deluded individuals are committing mass injury with guns. Time to do something about it. Even the GOP says so. What's your point here, that the GOP is also wrong?
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Perhaps you are having trouble reading today. I wrote both misleading and false, mimicking the original post. To compare abortions to murders is misleading for the point I tried to make. I'm sure the numbers are probably not false, even though they seem to come off the top of both minds from you and tucker.
    OK, got it. You didn't mean what you said when you said my post was misleading or false, just mimicking another post today. But now you say it wasn't false, but misleading. Follow the bouncing ball.

As to "few decades"? Ah you refer to Lott's "studies"? Where he includes crime numbers but excludes that count as a gun free zone because a crime is involved? OK.?
    I don't know about this Lott fellow. Never heard of him. I see you're going all Alinsky on his arse, so he must have merit. But its extremely misleading to get all verklempt over these mass school shootings with calls for gun control and then justify it by including criminal activity and gang shootings in the statistics to bolster a point. But, of course, you're blind to that slight of hand. See college rape statistics for more liberal "create a tragedy" mojo.

Now, I prefer to focus on the fact that deluded individuals are committing mass injury with guns. Time to do something about it. Even the GOP says so. What's your point here, that the GOP is also wrong.
    Then you keep focusing on what you prefer, otoc... when you and the GOP figure out how to keep guns out of the hands of deluded individuals, y'all get back to me. I dunno how that will help the criminal activity you're so concerned with though... getting weapons legitimately doesn't strike folks as a barrier to gang shootings and criminals.

I thought all of the lefty kooks were supposedly unarmed and against violence, especially that dastardly gun violence? Maybe not even they can withstand the incredible gun sales tactics of their Dear Leader?

A board member for the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado has resigned after urging people to kill supporters of presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Loring Wirbel’s Facebook post was captured by The Daily Caller – a right-leaning online newspaper.

The post states, “The thing is, we have to really reach out to those who might consider voting for Trump and say, ‘This is Goebbels. This is the final solution. If you are voting for him I will have to shoot you before Election Day.’ They’re not going to listen to reason, so when justice is gone, there’s always force…”

And another one right here in Colorado Springs...again.

Fern Delise, 54, of Fountain was arrested after police say she called Planned Parenthood saying, “It’s tempting to walk into a republican party meeting with my dead husband’s gun and just start shooting people.”

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/12/1...ters-of-trump/
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I thought all of the lefty kooks were supposedly unarmed and against violence, especially that dastardly gun violence? Maybe not even they can withstand the incredible gun sales tactics of their Dear Leader?.....
    Steadfastly against violence until they don't get their way. Geez, where have we seen example after example of those behaviors?

To anyone who thinks going along with "common sense gun legislation" is a good idea, watch this video. Make no mistake, whenever a liberal uses that term and tries to say it's only for "assault rifles", this is what they really mean and what they really want.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Yet more proof that gun laws work!

With 3 days left in the month of August, the city of Chicago has recorded 84 homicides making it the deadliest month since October 1996 when 85 homicides were committed. In fact, as the Chicago Tribune points out, YTD through August, Chicago has recorded more homicides than New York City and Los Angeles, combined. So far Chicago has recorded 487 homicides in 2016 compared to 222 in New York and 176 in Los Angeles. This staggering data comes despite the fact that Chicago's total population is roughly 20% the size of New York and Los Angeles.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...month-20-years

I think they need to make it even harder for the law abiding citizens of Chiraq to buy guns so the crime continues to go down. Stupid naive liberal mode off now.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Czech Republic looking to get a "Second Amendment" of their own.

Czech Lawmakers have passed legislation in the lower parliament that would see the right to bear firearms enshrined in the country’s constitution in a move directed against tighter regulations from the European Union.

The legislation was passed with 139 deputies agreeing to the amendment to the constitution with only nine deputies voting against. The amendment will now be considered by the Czech Senate where it will require a supermajority of three-fifths of the members in order to pass into law, Die Presse reports.

Similar to the U.S. second amendment to the Constitution, which gives Americans the right to keep and bear arms, the Czech legislation reads: “Citizens of the Czech Republic have the right to acquire, retain and bear arms and ammunition.”

The amendment also notes that the right is there to ensure the safety of the country, similar to the provision of a “well-regulated militia” in the American amendment.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...s-constitution

As Europe "Celebrates Diversity!" more and more it's funny to see them start changing their views on gun ownership.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Why I will fight any and all attempts to defeat the 2nd Amendment. No matter how small or seemingly "common sense."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-london-fallen

Because this is the sort of Hell that awaits you.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

The NRA continues to rake in money in the wake of gun control activists vocally demanding the government strip away the rights of gun owners. The gun rights lobbying group broke fundraising records in March largely thanks to the gun control crowd.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...mment-11572519

The NRA thanks you for your donations drive Mr. Hogg!

Lol, if that isn't the perfect face to represent the feminized soyboys of the left I don't know what is.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

And of course, because Hillary has proclaimed she would trump Obama's executive actions on the matter, he's now considering a few more laws by decree...

It might be a good time to double up on those gun manufacturer's in your portfolio.