Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    I like the liberal mentality:

"We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics"
    That's a succinct example of liberal thinkology and their failed logic.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    This is just one of the many reasons for concealed carry.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/26...l?intcmp=hpbt4

A lesson to learn never turn your back when you're under threat.
    Yet another hate crime that will get reported as "senseless violence" by our oh so PC mainstream media. Sigh, if only the races could have been reversed, they would have had a story they could run with!
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Yet another hate crime that will get reported as "senseless violence" by our oh so PC mainstream media. Sigh, if only the races could have been reversed, they would have had a story they could run with!
    Ya I know sickening isn't it.

White Lives Matter Too
    Thank A Democrat... Vote DNC

AOC... New Leader DNC ....

A reversal and Jesse and Al would have shown up immediately to grandstand every aspect of what may or may not have happened.....

A reversal and Jesse and Al would have shown up immediately to grandstand every aspect of what may or may not have happened.....
    Al and Jesse would be the president's closest hate crime advisors and riot makers.

"If I had a son he would be just like Al"... Barf...

S Personal responsibility is SOOO overrated!
    Not aimed at you specifically.. and I understand I'm the minority in this thread.

Laws and police are there to protect us, not neighbors with weapons. Unless that weapon is loaded and under your pillow I'm not sure what good it will do.

Lets fix the law and order issue, if its the problem. If you live in an area that bad, you could move, I will not ask you to go to England.

I choose to live here and have for 28 years and I'm a citizen, I did that after 911, it still doesn't mean to say that I agree my neighbor should have an arsenal of weapons.

I don't care if you have a few weapons for personal enjoyment; to me its like religion, if I come to your house I have to accept your point of view, but don't don't expect me to respect the same opinion if you take it publicly to the mall.

Personally, I see no justification to have a multiplicity of high power weapons at home, tanks are fun to drive too (honestly try it) but we don't allow the average guy or girl to drive them on the street.

I mean, isn't a modern day tank the yesteryear horse and they they had those as well, where does the 2nd stop if that's the justification?

Advance 10 decades, will the justification be individual nukes or ray guns protected by the modern day interpretation of the 2nd?

Remove arsenals of home weapons (in particular assault weapons, no matter how modified) and you can keep a couple of handguns without "much" problem from me.

If your pillow can't be accessed by young kids playing "guns like my daddy" that's your decision as well - just expect the law to be applied if that all goes wrong.

In any case good luck and be safe.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Should I bother.

Nope it's a waste of time.

^ Exactly. Wondering how many of these alleged "Home Arsenals" have been a part of "The Problem"? Laws will fix everything - like the laws against homicide that are already on the books....

I don't know about anybody else, but my 1911 is within arms reach of where I sleep. With 3 dogs, I sleep just fine and DON'T depend upon local police for protection from home invasion - they can come out and clean up the mess and file paperwork, identify remains, etc.
    Last edited by SteveW; 02-27-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Britgeezer View Post
    Not aimed at you specifically.. and I understand I'm the minority in this thread.

Laws and police are there to protect us, not neighbors with weapons. Unless that weapon is loaded and under your pillow I'm not sure what good it will do.

Lets fix the law and order issue, if its the problem. If you live in an area that bad, you could move, I will not ask you to go to England.
    Where to begin with this? First of all, it's not my job to protect you. If you feel you don't need a gun (which I'm absolutely fine with of course), it's you that chooses to take the risk that the police will get there before something terrible happens. They won't.

True story. It was my best friend that told me to buy a gun just a couple of months after he got out of police academy. I figured if he as a cop knew the police wouldn't be able to protect me, maybe I should get one. Of course it was years later that I finally bought a handgun anyway as for awhile I had become addicted to high end video cards and other various expensive pc parts.

As for the police as a whole protecting their citizens? No to that one too. You as an English ex-pat surely have read the stories of the Rotherham horror and how the police did nothing to stop it when they knew full well what was going on there. Do you think they would try that here knowing there are people armed that might decide to go vigilante and put an end to it themselves? Highly doubtful.

As for storing my handgun under a pillow? Unless I was a drug dealer there's no way I'd do this. First of all it would be uncomfortable to say the least, and with how I sometimes toss and turn at night the chances of it being under my pillow in the morning and not on the floor would be slim anyway. I keep mine in a small biometric gun safe by my bed that opens via my touch. If my alarm (German Shepherd at the top of the stairs facing down towards front door) goes off in the middle of the night I can get to it in seconds.

I choose to live here and have for 28 years and I'm a citizen, I did that after 911, it still doesn't mean to say that I agree my neighbor should have an arsenal of weapons.
    Then you chose to live under our constitution. As long as your neighbor is a law abiding citizen you shouldn't care about him.

I don't care if you have a few weapons for personal enjoyment; to me its like religion, if I come to your house I have to accept your point of view, but don't don't expect me to respect the same opinion if you take it publicly to the mall.
    Once again if someone is not breaking any laws you shouldn't have a problem with it. I don't like tattoos but I don't want to force people to get rid of them.

Personally, I see no justification to have a multiplicity of high power weapons at home, tanks are fun to drive too (honestly try it) but we don't allow the average guy or girl to drive them on the street.
    Because tanks and semi auto rifles are the same thing?

I mean, isn't a modern day tank the yesteryear horse and they they had those as well, where does the 2nd stop if that's the justification?

Advance 10 decades, will the justification be individual nukes or ray guns protected by the modern day interpretation of the 2nd?
    Wow. Now you're comparing horses to tanks? No comment other than a laugh. As far as owning a nuke goes, it's just a BIT more powerful than a rifle don't you think? Not the same thing and the technology wasn't even a thought when the second amendment was written. Oh and that government that you trust implicitly? They do own nukes and they have used them to kill a LOT of people. Strangely enough though, they only seem to be concerned with taking the weapons out of the hands of the people that don't use them to kill people. Of course they'll give you a weapon for free and you can go kill people as long as you're enlisted as one of their "peacekeepers."

Remove arsenals of home weapons (in particular assault weapons, no matter how modified) and you can keep a couple of handguns without "much" problem from me.
    Assault weapon. Another media term invention to sell stories and put fear in the hearts of people who know nothing of weapons. I personally own an AK-47. It's a semi-auto rifle that has a 30 round capacity. I bought it before the stupid Colorado 15 round mag limit went into effect. I can switch out a magazine in just a few seconds, and I'm slow as I don't shoot it much. How in the Hell is it going to matter to a madman holding the only gun in a room that he will have to take 2 seconds to switch out a 15 round mag instead of a 30 round?

It won't, but of course people who know nothing of guns think it does so the stupid limit goes into effect that serves no purpose other than to put the minds of the uneducated liberals at ease until the next shooting when the Dems will push for even lower mag limits. Who gets to choose what a "safe" gun magazine limit is anyway? Why is 15 rounds ok but not 18 that some handguns have? It has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with the government slowly chipping away at the gun rights of it's citizens until they are the ones with all of the guns. It's then that you get the government you deserve like the one in Britain.

If it sounds like I'm being a bit harsh on you BG, it's because I am. I have nothing against you personally and you've always been a great member here on these forums going WAY back. It's just that when someone from another country moves here and starts trying to change our constitution to something they feel is more appropriate, it really rubs me the wrong way. I suppose the best way to describe it is an American moving to the UK and whining about how everyone's driving on the wrong side of the road, but at a far higher level than that.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19

Well let's see here. 3 mass shootings in 2 weeks.

I can't tell you how much safer I feel on the street knowing you guys have guns while whining that your guns are being taken away

Seems to me the best analogy is colts equalizer and how that lawman Earp followed the 2nd amendment. Be interesting to read how the nra would take to that.

My point is not to take your warm happy guns away in tlr. But I chuckle at how you blindly hold onto soundbites from a lobby that has contributed to a solution by holding fast with total rigidity.
    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

^ Exactly. Wondering how many of these alleged "Home Arsenals" have been a part of "The Problem"? Laws will fix everything - like the laws against homicide that are already on the books....

I don't know about anybody else, but my 1911 is within arms reach of where I sleep. With 3 dogs, I sleep just fine and DON'T depend upon local police for protection from home invasion - they can come out and clean up the mess and file paperwork, identify remains, etc.
    Well at least he was kind enough to grant us a few guns of his choice. As far as moving to another neighborhood I'm just fine with the one I live in now. No crime since I've lived here and I own guns to keep it that way.

I hope he lets me know if there is any other of my constitutional rights he wants me to surrender. I would be happy to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post

I can't tell you how much safer I feel on the street knowing you guys have guns while whining that your guns are being taken away

Seems to me the best analogy is colts equalizer and how that lawman Earp followed the 2nd amendment. Be interesting to read how the nra would take to that.

My point is not to take your warm happy guns away in tlr. But I chuckle at how you blindly hold onto soundbites from a lobby that has contributed to a solution by holding fast with total rigidity.
    The very old mass shooting defense. Now I'm supposed to say guns don't kill people kill. Just maybe it's because our society is so f*cked up a bomb waiting to explode. It's that way because the left wants it to be that way.
    Last edited by tucker; 02-27-2016 at 09:09 AM.

How many "Mass Shootings" have taken place in a domain where an individual has exercised 2nd amendment rights and armed themselves?

Criminals have a way of knowing how to choose victims. Your far left anti-gun logic sucks. Mass murder is exactly why many choose to keep and bear arms.
    Last edited by SteveW; 02-27-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Where to begin with this? First of all, it's not my job to protect you. If you feel you don't need a gun (which I'm absolutely fine with of course), it's you that chooses to take the risk that the police will get there before something terrible happens. They won't.

True story. It was my best friend that told me to buy a gun just a couple of months after he got out of police academy. I figured if he as a cop knew the police wouldn't be able to protect me, maybe I should get one. Of course it was years later that I finally bought a handgun anyway as for awhile I had become addicted to high end video cards and other various expensive pc parts.

As for the police as a whole protecting their citizens? No to that one too. You as an English ex-pat surely have read the stories of the Rotherham horror and how the police did nothing to stop it when they knew full well what was going on there. Do you think they would try that here knowing there are people armed that might decide to go vigilante and put an end to it themselves? Highly doubtful.

As for storing my handgun under a pillow? Unless I was a drug dealer there's no way I'd do this. First of all it would be uncomfortable to say the least, and with how I sometimes toss and turn at night the chances of it being under my pillow in the morning and not on the floor would be slim anyway. I keep mine in a small biometric gun safe by my bed that opens via my touch. If my alarm (German Shepherd at the top of the stairs facing down towards front door) goes off in the middle of the night I can get to it in seconds.

Then you chose to live under our constitution. As long as your neighbor is a law abiding citizen you shouldn't care about him.

Once again if someone is not breaking any laws you shouldn't have a problem with it. I don't like tattoos but I don't want to force people to get rid of them.

Because tanks and semi auto rifles are the same thing?

Wow. Now you're comparing horses to tanks? No comment other than a laugh. As far as owning a nuke goes, it's just a BIT more powerful than a rifle don't you think? Not the same thing and the technology wasn't even a thought when the second amendment was written. Oh and that government that you trust implicitly? They do own nukes and they have used them to kill a LOT of people. Strangely enough though, they only seem to be concerned with taking the weapons out of the hands of the people that don't use them to kill people. Of course they'll give you a weapon for free and you can go kill people as long as you're enlisted as one of their "peacekeepers."

Assault weapon. Another media term invention to sell stories and put fear in the hearts of people who know nothing of weapons. I personally own an AK-47. It's a semi-auto rifle that has a 30 round capacity. I bought it before the stupid Colorado 15 round mag limit went into effect. I can switch out a magazine in just a few seconds, and I'm slow as I don't shoot it much. How in the Hell is it going to matter to a madman holding the only gun in a room that he will have to take 2 seconds to switch out a 15 round mag instead of a 30 round?

It won't, but of course people who know nothing of guns think it does so the stupid limit goes into effect that serves no purpose other than to put the minds of the uneducated liberals at ease until the next shooting when the Dems will push for even lower mag limits. Who gets to choose what a "safe" gun magazine limit is anyway? Why is 15 rounds ok but not 18 that some handguns have? It has nothing to do with public safety and everything to do with the government slowly chipping away at the gun rights of it's citizens until they are the ones with all of the guns. It's then that you get the government you deserve like the one in Britain.

If it sounds like I'm being a bit harsh on you BG, it's because I am. I have nothing against you personally and you've always been a great member here on these forums going WAY back. It's just that when someone from another country moves here and starts trying to change our constitution to something they feel is more appropriate, it really rubs me the wrong way. I suppose the best way to describe it is an American moving to the UK and whining about how everyone's driving on the wrong side of the road, but at a far higher level than that.
    I didn't get the tanks part either. One of the deadliest weapons on the battlefield it's a crazy thing to compare tanks and personal weapons. The first few times I drove a tank it was fun after that I figured out it was to much manual labor. I prefer the gunners chair or the tank commanders slot. More responsibility, more pressure, more stress I can deal with that part.

I sure wish I could own a few M1A2s and a ammo dump.

Speaking of soundbites.

NRA-Check
    Whining about your guns being taken away-Check
    Likening guns to a living creature (warm, happy)-Check
    Mass shootings-Check

Telling someone they are repeating someone else's soundbites while doing the exact same thing yourself? Priceless. Thank you for today's lesson in hypocrisy.

Edmund Burke

RIP PCPER TLR
    7-14-19