Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 427
  1. #61
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    9,621

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Oh god, thank you. A post that has an opinion on something other than me while complaining about things getting taken off course. And so much better than our lil scoot coming in and answering a post I made to Steve apparently to annoying the thin skinned lad, and then scoot getting all upset that I didn't answering his new point in my past posts, as if that makes me miss he didn't answer my past post to him in the present. How funny. Irony I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I never mentioned it, even though I live in Colorado Springs, because the shooter was a kook. A one off if you will. If I had my way he'd be taken out back of the courthouse and shot in the head. No trial as he doesn't deserve one. He was working alone and not part of a greater organization.

    The shooting that happened here on Halloween was the same, guy went crazy and killed some people. There have always been and will always be crazy people of which we can't do anything about. Though medicating them with drugs that can give them suicidal thoughts seems like a bad idea to me. Taking guns away from everyone else who have never thought about killing anyone is also not a good idea, but people who make knee jerk decisions on things like guns can never be told that the laws they make to take guns away will never be followed by wackos.:
    I see some of what you write , but not all.

    Yes, a kook, and let's leave it aside that the right wing, including one of the candidates for president, latched onto an admitted clerical error that he was registered as a woman, and made that into he was transgender, and therefore liberal.

    The baby parts comment from him are obviously fed from right wing sources. He bought into the rhetoric. He repeated it. Own it or disown the rhetoric about Planned Parenthood. Personally, I don't who he voted for. Only what ideas this rhetoric feeds. Yet all the GOP candidates got amnesia about the assault on Planned Parenthood, stressing again, mental illness. A pretty vacant analysis.

    I see no knee jerk reactions other than the talk of kneejerk reactions. Until the conversation goes into the true need of how to limit, and not the kneejerk reaction that all guns are going to be taken away, I simply don't buy into this stance. Whackos are getting legal guns and compromise the rest of us in having ownership. Unless we want a mass killing a day. No we can't stop it completely and never will. The conversation should be how to limit it, reduce it. Not 1 mass killing a day.

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    As far as this latest shooting in California, it was quite obviously terror related as they were working in a group and all shared the "religion of peace" as a common theme. I find it very telling that your side otoc will quickly claim the shootings at PP was obviously the work of "right wing gun nuts" but want to sit around and wait for all the facts when the shooters have Arab names.
    What? Liberals are saying these guys were right wing nuts? Not from any source I have read. Did I miss something? The suspicion has been pretty uniform across the board that this might be a terrorist attack. Something I tend to agree with as a possibility. Then again, there was the party and him leaving in anger. Still more to tell. And it shouldn't take long. Pls tell that to dutch. It's only day 2 of an investigation and the perps are pretty riddled with bullet holes and won't be making any statements.
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  2. #62
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    9,621

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    On cue... our liberal depositor calls for patience... "details are still developing".

    Muslims in tactical gear with bombs that didn't work, more bombs at home, a couple thousand rounds on their person, recently returned from Saudi Arabia and Pakistan... yeah, without a manifesto or an ISIS flag, let's not jump to conclusions. Idiotic? Absolutely.

    Planned Parenthood!!!

    Has anyone made the Christmas party connection yet? Too early for ya? Can't connect the dots without proof from a manifesto?
    wtf are you ranting about now?
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  3. #63
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    18,675

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    wtf are you ranting about now?
    I don't have that Sgt. Schultz picture on this phone... so let's just imagine it posted here, OK?

  4. #64
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    9,621

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    I don't have that Sgt. Schultz picture on this phone... so let's just imagine it posted here, OK?
    Pretend? Like I should pretend that what you posted wasn't learned after I made my post, and I should pretend that's not all I said, so you could make a rant out of it? Sure thing Shultsy.
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  5. #65
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    18,675

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Pretend? Like I should pretend that what you posted wasn't learned after I made my post, and I should pretend that's not all I said, so you could make a rant out of it? Sure thing Shultsy.
    Oh, now you get it.

    There was enough out there last night, otoc... long before you posted.

  6. #66
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    13,511

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post



    What? Liberals are saying these guys were right wing nuts? Not from any source I have read. Did I miss something? The suspicion has been pretty uniform across the board that this might be a terrorist attack. Something I tend to agree with as a possibility. Then again, there was the party and him leaving in anger. Still more to tell. And it shouldn't take long. Pls tell that to dutch. It's only day 2 of an investigation and the perps are pretty riddled with bullet holes and won't be making any statements.
    Yesterday when this story was first hitting the internet, I read numerous comments on articles across numerous news sites of how they were all searching to see how far the shooting location was from the nearest PP. The first reports that I read also stated that the shooters were 3 white males which led to a blizzard of comments stating this was a right wing, NRA group.

    I should have clarified that apart from the report of the shooters being white, these were from liberals commenting on various websites.
    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

    ― George Orwell, 1984

  7. #67
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    18,675

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    There's a compilation video out there of about a dozen on-air commentaries pointing to right wing folks as the perps and some tying it to Planned Parenthood. So it is indeed out there... the usual liberal tripe.

    Here's one example: https://www.facebook.com/Grabien/vid...8/?pnref=story
    Last edited by Dutchcedar; 12-03-2015 at 09:31 PM. Reason: found it...

  8. #68
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    A Little South of Sanity
    Posts
    10,003

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Oh god, thank you. A post that has an opinion on something other than me while complaining about things getting taken off course. And so much better than our lil scoot coming in and answering a post I made to Steve apparently to annoying the thin skinned lad, and then scoot getting all upset that I didn't answering his new point in my past posts, as if that makes me miss he didn't answer my past post to him in the present. How funny. Irony I think.....
    Somebody call him a Wambulance.
    "Walk Heavy, Stand Tall, Carry a Big Stick"
    Daily Driver - ASUS Z170-AR i7 6700, 16G RAM - Liquid Cooled
    Print/File Server - ASUS A7V880 XP-3200 Barton
    System Specifications

  9. #69
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    9,621

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Oh, now you get it.

    There was enough out there last night, otoc... long before you posted.
    I'm glad you edited your post from "It was all out there last night" to "was enough". I'd have so much fun with that all in attitude you found the need to hedge on. Sure, "enough" for you. But don't get so high and holy on us, dutch. Perhaps you should get a job with the FBI and show them how your hunches work. Show them grubbermint employees how to do their jobs.
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  10. #70
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    9,621

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Somebody call him a Wambulance.
    Ohhh, did I annoy you again? Geez. Go ahead have that last word you always need. Tell us what you think of me. Get it off your chest. Just quit dreaming about my man cheeks you need to talk about.
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  11. #71
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    18,675

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    I'm glad you edited your post from "It was all out there last night" to "was enough". I'd have so much fun with that all in attitude you found the need to hedge on. Sure, "enough" for you. But don't get so high and holy on us, dutch. Perhaps you should get a job with the FBI and show them how your hunches work. Show them grubbermint employees how to do their jobs.
    otoc101: When you're out of arguments, go to semantics. Follow up with squirrel shlt.

    Boring.

  12. #72
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    9,621

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    otoc101: When you're out of arguments, go to semantics. Follow up with squirrel shlt.

    Boring.
    Semantics? No, quoting what you wrote before the edit. Or is it acknowledging it's "enough" for you that seems like semantics? You word, and I wasn't about to argue over it. Seems when you are out of arguments you bring up squirrels and crusades in your usual dismissal.

    Tell me dutch, does the act of simply dismissing something make it all good in your head? You sure do seem to do that a lot these days. Makes you feel like you're not out of arguments?
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  13. #73
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    9,621

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Yesterday when this story was first hitting the internet, I read numerous comments on articles across numerous news sites of how they were all searching to see how far the shooting location was from the nearest PP. The first reports that I read also stated that the shooters were 3 white males which led to a blizzard of comments stating this was a right wing, NRA group.

    I should have clarified that apart from the report of the shooters being white, these were from liberals commenting on various websites.
    As if PP didn't happen last week so it's a stretch it wouldn't be considered in the early minutes of news needing to not have dead air? Funny how CNN quickly established contact with PP to determine nothing was happening there and put an end to it. Those nasty liberals. Or how a Fox analyst stated it couldn't be Islamic terror because they'd be yelling praise god or something. Those nasty lib, er,
    no wait. Fox got it wrong during the opening minutes too?

    How about we agree that some people are just plain stupid? I read on HotAir that was all because of Obama saying people shouldn't bring knives to a gunfight.

    The latest is the investigation of terror ties. But dutch already knew that. Yesterday.
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

  14. #74
    Joined
    May 2002
    Location
    Twain Harte, CA
    Posts
    18,675

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Semantics? No, quoting what you wrote before the edit. Or is it acknowledging it's "enough" for you that seems like semantics? You word, and I wasn't about to argue over it. Seems when you are out of arguments you bring up squirrels and crusades in your usual dismissal.

    Tell me dutch, does the act of simply dismissing something make it all good in your head? You sure do seem to do that a lot these days. Makes you feel like you're not out of arguments?
    What started out for you as this not being identifiable as Islamic terrorism or not is down to my saying "enough" or "it was all out there". That, my friend, is a semantics argument. For a moron's sake, there is a difference, but not much. But its all you've got at this point.

    And of course, after mentioning this morsel twice, you now claim you aren't about to argue over it. Jeez, Louise, you are a tiresome one.

  15. #75
    Joined
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    9,621

    Re: The Great 2nd Ammendment Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    What started out for you as this not being identifiable as Islamic terrorism or not is down to my saying "enough" or "it was all out there". That, my friend, is a semantics argument. For a moron's sake, there is a difference, but not much. But its all you've got at this point.

    And of course, after mentioning this morsel twice, you now claim you aren't about to argue over it. Jeez, Louise, you are a tiresome one.
    My, you are good at twisting things in that two step. I stated I wasn't going to argue over your satisfaction that you had enough info last night. Not that I'm about to let you have your little agenda. And I'm obviously not your friend, so no need to blow smoke up our asses. Now, calling me a moron? That's an argument? Seems all I said was...
    Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    My god. Details are still being developed and you guys are whining about it already.
    ...for which you take as "not being identifiable as Islamic terrorism"? Pray tell, from what area of semantics does fall into? Imaginate much?

    No, seriously, I get it. I'm a moron. You are therefore a rocket scientist.

    Rocket scientists must whine about liberals and forget about terrorists and their acts, be it at a holiday function or planned parenthood, it's got to be about liberals.

    Morons must point out the obvious to rocket scientists.

    Got it.

    Breaking News: Hey guys, here's what we know now. Liberals didn't commit the last 2 mass murders. Liberals don't condone mass murders and feel for the victims injured and deceased, as well as their families going through a tragic and sudden loss. Liberals feel something more than offering prayer as a solution needs to be done. Liberals don't think all guns need to be taken away.

    Now, how about that for a moronic viewpoint?
    Last edited by otoc; 12-04-2015 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Breaking news!!!!
    George Carlin
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Thomas Jefferson to John Page Fairfeilds Dec: 25. 1762.
    ... But the old-fellows say we must read to gain knowledge; and gain knowledge to make us happy and be admired. Mere jargon! Is there any such thing as happiness in this world? No: And as for admiration I am sure the man who powders most, parfumes most, embroiders most, and talks most nonsense, is most admired.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •