Thread: Sound Core3D

Sound Core3D

I recently built a new computer, and the motherboard I decided on apparently has a Sound Core3D sound processor on it. After installing Windows and the latest drivers from Creative I have found the sound to be very buggy. Not often, but at times the sound will just bug out, and I will have to restart the computer to resolve the issue. Also, the surround sound portion of this chip seems to be unusable over my tru 5.1 headset. For some reason it will only play the center and sub channel in one side of the headset not both. There were no options in the Creative control panel to resolve this issue.

I have since installed my old Asus Xonar DG and installed a custom updated driver pack and I have everything working great again.

I was wondering if these on-board Sound Core3D chips are just complete garbage, or maybe is there a way to fix them? Has someone made drivers that actually work for them? (Kind of like they did with the Asus cards)

Re: Sound Core3D

Quote Originally Posted by Litzner View Post
    After installing Windows and the latest drivers from Creative I have found the sound to be very buggy.
    Welcome to Creative's world
    Buggy drivers, lack of support. On and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Litzner View Post
    I have since installed my old Asus Xonar DG and installed a custom updated driver pack and I have everything working great again.
    You have solved your problem.
    Stick with the Asus
    I would uninstall the Creative drivers and disable onboard in BIOS
    It's All About Having Fun ..... Isn't It?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 | Acer G246HL 24" WideScreen
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    HT|Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll ~ Stanton 681EEE MKlll
    Esoteric Sounds Rek-O-Kut Professional Phono Preamp MKII
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B w/ Enermax NAXN 82+ 750W
    Win7 x64

gd,
    over ten years and the answer is the same.

ud

Quote Originally Posted by uddarts View Post
    gd,
    over ten years and the answer is the same.

ud
    Sad/
    Isn't it?

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (Storage) | Samsung SH-S224 DVD Burner
    Klipsch Pro Media v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision ~ Sennheiser PC165 (Mic/Headset)
    Win7 x64

Heyyo,

Hmm, are you using Windows 10 or something else? So far their Windows 10 drivers have been alright. I do get some sound crackling watching YouTube in Steam's overlay browser but that's about it...

Tbh though? This Sound Blaster Recon3D is the last sound card I'll ever buy from Creative. I've had buggy sound drivers from them in Windows 7 with crackling issues too... The only thing I really love from my Recon 3D FALTAL1TY Professional is the stereo microphone. The quality is good and the noise cancellation works great with my desktop speakers behind them. It's the only thing made by Creative I'd recommend lol, the stereo mic which you can't buy separately from their sound cards sigh.

Also, oddly enough the Sound Core 3D / Recon 3Di (used in Alienware notebooks) isn't even mentioned on their Windows 10 availability chart...
    http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowA...spx?sid=126331
    My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf
    My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

I have the SoundBlaster Z, which is a decent soundcard from Creative, but don't really use it. Why you might ask, is their driver support stinks. This is why I use the onboard ALC 1150 on my motherboard.
    Creative's Windows 10 drivers for the SoundBlaster Z, are decent enough, but I noticed I do get a little crackling in Diablo 3, and one other game with the card. The SoundBlaster Z, uses a supposed better version of the SoundCore 3D chip.

I think I'm going to get an HT Omega Soundcard when I get some bills paid off.

Heyyo,

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    I have the SoundBlaster Z, which is a decent soundcard from Creative, but don't really use it. Why you might ask, is their driver support stinks. This is why I use the onboard ALC 1150 on my motherboard.
    Creative's Windows 10 drivers for the SoundBlaster Z, are decent enough, but I noticed I do get a little crackling in Diablo 3, and one other game with the card. The SoundBlaster Z, uses a supposed better version of the SoundCore 3D chip.

No it uses the same ca0132 DSP. It just has I think more connections, slightly better signal to noise ratio and slightly higher quality audio output on stereo setups of 192KHz Vs 96KHz... but yeah, the problem is their software drivers for the ca0132 DSP. They are indeed bugged just like all previous interations of Sound Blaster cards... sigh, the last sound card of theirs that I know of that didn't have crap drivers was the Audigy 2.
    My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf
    My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Quote Originally Posted by ThE_MarD View Post
    Heyyo,

No it uses the same ca0132 DSP. It just has I think more connections, slightly better signal to noise ratio and slightly higher quality audio output on stereo setups of 192KHz Vs 96KHz... but yeah, the problem is their software drivers for the ca0132 DSP. They are indeed bugged just like all previous interations of Sound Blaster cards... sigh, the last sound card of theirs that I know of that didn't have crap drivers was the Audigy 2.
    You're so full of it isn't even funny, even Creative Labs in their own specs for the card states that is uses the Sound Core 3D chip.
    http://www.soundblaster.com/products...blaster-z.aspx

It's right in the specs, so wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl224 View Post
    You won't regret it.
    I have had mine for a number of years.

Win7 x64

Remember when they used to make motherboards without all the onboard crap?

Hmm, guess I'm getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    Remember when they used to make motherboards without all the onboard crap?

Hmm, guess I'm getting old.
    Actually mobo's always did have onboard but it was so shitty back then it opened the door for Creative.
    You would think that after all these years Creative would know how to put drivers together.
    My sound card history : Creative > Terratec > HT|Omega
    I dumped Creative because of their lack of driver support.
    Went with the Terratec but dumped it because their cards stopped being supported with Win XP
    Went with HT|Omega.
    One thing about HT|Omega. They do drivers correctly. They are robust and seasoned from day one. They work as intended.

Win7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by IAmGhostDog View Post
    Actually mobo's always did have onboard but it was so shitty back then it opened the door for Creative.
    You would think that after all these years Creative would know how to put drivers together.
    My sound card history : Creative > Terratec > HT|Omega
    I dumped Creative because of their lack of driver support.
    Went with the Terratec but dumped it because their cards stopped being supported with Win XP
    Went with HT|Omega.
    One thing about HT|Omega. They do drivers correctly. They are robust and seasoned from day one. They work as intended.
    that would be incorrect ,( and I am showing my age lol ) Motherboards did not always come with onboard sound . I started playing with building PCs in the late 90s and most of those boards came with nothing but basic motherboard , you had to buy your own lan card, sound card , ect . . Kinda miss those days with the race to the 1st 1Ghz CPU between intel and AMD . I remember using a creative card in a ISA slot LOL
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23