new motherboard not booting up or even allowing drivers to be installed.

HI everyone, this is my first pc build using sata motherboard and hdd's. The motherboard is an asrock FM2A58M with four sata connections, its becoming very frustrating as my lack of understanding using sata rather than IDE is confusing me alot. What am I doing wrong I've gone through all the usual post checks and even when the bios has recognised the hdd it won't boot up or recognise the drivers on the installation disc that came with the motherboard, I hope the motherboard or hdd isn't duff.
    Please can someone help.

sttubs is offline Always learning something

Re: new motherboard not booting up or even allowing drivers to be installed.

Please list your specs & recheck all of your connections. It could be a memory issue. Try booting the PC with one stick of ram. If that doesn't work try the other stick of ram. If that doesn't solve your problem then it may very well be the motherboard.
    AMD 8350 w/Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Ed - Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/4x4gb GSkill Ripjaws 1600 CL7 - Samsung 850 Evo 500gb - WD Black 5Tb - Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming OC Ed - Win 10 Pro 64bit - Lite-On iHES108 - White Corsair 500r w/Corsair AX860i 860W - ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=55337
    Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/sttubs/

Thanks alot I'll give that a try, i'm just hoping its not the motherboard I'm wondering if its the memory as its a ddr3 1066 I think with 4gb. What I'm wanting to do is to have four hdd's running totalling 520gb of storage so that I can continue learning to become a programer.
    Anyway a big thumbs up for the advice.

Welcome to the forums.

Before you install drivers, you first have to install windows.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

Before you install drivers, you first have to install windows.
    Hi, yes I know about installing windows first, but the problem I'm facing is the motherboard isn't allowing me to install anything and I know the hdd works so thats not faulty. I wish now that I had bought a dual board with ide and sata I don't think I would be having this problem. The motherboard does work as it boots up I think I will run a check on the memory, at the back of my mind I still think its some setting that I have set wrong.

Anyway thanks the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by first time tech View Post
    Hi, yes I know about installing windows first, but the problem I'm facing is the motherboard isn't allowing me to install anything and I know the hdd works so thats not faulty. I wish now that I had bought a dual board with ide and sata I don't think I would be having this problem. The motherboard does work as it boots up I think I will run a check on the memory, at the back of my mind I still think its some setting that I have set wrong.

Anyway thanks the advice.
    What version of windows ?

How big is the hard drive?
    If the drive is bigger than 2 tb then you will need to set it up as GPT. That will require windows 7 or newer iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    What version of windows ?

How big is the hard drive?
    If the drive is bigger than 2 tb then you will need to set it up as GPT. That will require windows 7 or newer iirc.
    Hi, the os is windows xp pro and the initial hdd is 200gb and then hoping to have two 160gb hdds with it making 520gb which is more than enough storage for me. As I have windows 7 I can also use that as the two os's are registed to me.
    Being used to the old way of setting up a computer this motherboard which is sata only has a totally different bios display than the standard bios screen. As far as setting up GPT I'm not sure if I've used that so I will have a look and if it works with windows 7 then windows 7 it is.
    I'll let you know how I get on ok.
    Cheers anyway