Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Star Wars Battlefront, Who''s getting it??

Well, as of this post...

13k people playing SWBF with a 24h peak of 24k.

In comparison, BF4 has 25k playing, and a 24h peak of 43k.

I'd like to take this time to thank EA for...well, you get it.

Got it as a gift for Christmas and I liked it more than I thought I would based on other people's feedback. I'm not going to say I'm not disappointed by it though. Obviously the lack of a server browser is a big big negative... server side customization is a great thing and its big enough in BF4 that theres no reason it couldn't be included in this game other than laziness or cost cutting by EA. My biggest gripe with the game is that it just doesn't seem very deep or nuanced. The weapons don't seem very different from each other and the maps don't offer a lot of variety in terms of gameplay (within the same game mode) and many are just downright small compared to BF4. Also compared to BF4, I think the skill floor and ceiling are much closer together... and I didn't think BF4 was exactly the height of competitive gaming. Don't get me started on some of the OP power ups and how little skill they require to use (bowcaster)

Things I do like? Well, the visuals are great, the sounds are great, the heroes/villains are fun to play and some of the smaller game modes are fun (though occasionally tough to find a game for thanks to the lack of server browser!). Considering all the negativity around the game very early on about how it was going to be a BF4 re-skin, I find it slightly ironic that it doesn't do a lot of things nearly as well as BF4 does them. In many ways it parallels BF Hardline in my mind: a "re-skin" that would have been better as an actual re-skin rather than redeveloping a game to be an inferior imitation. What Battlefront has on its side is the novelty of being the Star Wars universe, which is far more compelling than some ridiculous cops and robber BS. I guess despite all its flaws the Star Wars aspect is really enough for me, even if I know it could have been a lot better. When the novelty wears off there probably won't be much to hold me, but I'll continue to enjoy it for now (or whenever I get home from England)

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

If you want story like campaign there's lots of star wars books lol

I think prior pc star wars games were much better in story.

The rest on console are trash as far as I know. #pcmasterrace

I didn't feel that SWB had much 'replayability'. Single player was quite fun, and had a giggle with multiplayer for a while, but i haven't really touched it since Xmas tbh