Any Advice on lighting Power Switch LED when computer is off? I'm in the dark

Hi,

Thanks for reading. Is it possible and what would it take to have the power switch LED on my case be lit when the computer is off? Often I want to turn on the computer in a dark room and have to grope around to find the switch. The front panel power switch has an LED that lights when the computer is powered up and turns off when the computer is powered down.

My case is a Rosewill Micro•ATX•Mini•Tower•Computer•Case•LINE •M
    My motherboard is a MSI Micro ATX DDR3 2400 LGA 1150 Motherboard Z97M-G43

Thanks in advance,

BillK

sttubs is offline Always learning something

Re: Any Advice on lighting Power Switch LED when computer is off? I'm in the dark

I don't think you can do that. My friend used a clear glow in the dark paint on his. Since it goes on clear you can't really see it in the light, other that a "glossy" look to the button.
    AMD 8350 w/Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Ed - Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 w/4x4gb GSkill Ripjaws 1600 CL7 - Samsung 850 Evo 500gb - WD Black 5Tb - Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme Gaming OC Ed - Win 10 Pro 64bit - Lite-On iHES108 - White Corsair 500r w/Corsair AX860i 860W - ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

Heat: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=55337
    Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.com/sttubs/

Re: Any Advice on lighting Power Switch LED when computer is off? I'm in the dark

you would have to have some kind of separate power supply for it, whether that's battery operated or totally overkill. I haven't ever seen someone do that personally but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

I would be surprised if you couldn't do this, but I'm not entirely sure what the best way would be... if its even possible without semi-significant modding. After all, many motherboards have LED's that remain illuminated all the time to show that the power is plugged in. It may be possible to wire it up to the standby voltage (+5VSB)

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present