ASUS PZ877 - Power on issues

Hello folks,

I'm having an issue with, what I assume at this point, is my motherboard.
    -EDIT: To Clarify this is the ASUS PZ877-V Thunderbolt.

Occasionally when I shut down my computer (full shutdown) I try to power up my system again and the power button doesn't work.

In order to get my computer to boot again, I need to disconnect the ATX connector from the motherboard, short pins 16 and 17 on the connector (PS+ON to ground) for a moment to boot up my fans and drives, and then I can reconnect the ATX to the motherboard, and power up normally.

Do you have any ideas as to what might cause this? My thoughts are there is something getting stuck in logic. But this is kind of the best I can come up with.

I'm looking for a permanent solution. I'm hoping that whatever I'm doing isn't shortening the lifespan of any of my components.

Any other details I can provide I would be happy to, but this is the fundamental issue.
    Last edited by Timetodiehard; 02-12-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Re: ASUS PZ877 - Power on issues

bad case switch ?

Try swapping the reset and power switches on the header

Quote Originally Posted by mmettin View Post
    bad case switch ?

Try swapping the reset and power switches on the header
    Hey mmettin,

I've tried bypassing the switch when this happens by removing the jumper/header and shorting the power switch pins, and that doesn't work.

beg, borrow or buy($20) a multimeter and check the 12v line. then while it's running, place your probes in the yellow and a black wires on a 4 wire molex. if it's a number below 11v, i'd look for a new psu.

ud

Quote Originally Posted by uddarts View Post
    beg, borrow or buy($20) a multimeter and check the 12v line. then while it's running, place your probes in the yellow and a black wires on a 4 wire molex. if it's a number below 11v, i'd look for a new psu.

ud
    I will definitely do that! But I left my meter at work this weekend... I'll be able to check this on Friday and get back to you.