Batman Arkham City Benchmarks

Hi I was wondering if my GTX 580 is running this benchmark decently..

Also add your GTX 580 or any other benchmark too

1920x1080 all turned up to max except anti aliasing off.

Re: Batman Arkham City Benchmarks

I just noticed your post. It's hard to say if your GPU is running properly since you don't mention the settings - are the low, medium, maxed? That will make a difference. Regardless, if you're able to play that game with those FPS, you're sitting at the sweet spot (~60fps).

Quote Originally Posted by btdog View Post
    I just noticed your post. It's hard to say if your GPU is running properly since you don't mention the settings - are the low, medium, maxed? That will make a difference. Regardless, if you're able to play that game with those FPS, you're sitting at the sweet spot (~60fps).
    All as high as possible including the PhysX all on one 580... Minus Anti aliasing

I have three computers of varying performance and after seeing your post, I thought it would be interesting to see how each one performed on Batman AC.

Except noted below, benchmarks were tested at 1920x1080, AA disabled, all other options at the highest available setting (I tried to mimic how you tested):

Computer #1
    • i7 4790K (3.50GHz)
    • 16GB 1866 RAM
    • 2xGTX 670

Because these monitors are capable of 2560x1440, I tested at both resolutions. Also, I tested as one GPU (with one dedicated PhysX) and in SLI

No SLI 1920x1080:

No SLI 2560x1440:

SLI 1920x1080:

SLI 2560x1440:

It looks like the game preferred having a dedicated PhysX card as opposed to SLI (this actually surprised me).

Computer #2:
    • i7 870 (2.93GHz)
    • 8GB 1600 RAM
    • AMD 7790 (NOT the 7970, but the competitor to the GTX 750)

Because it is an AMD card, I ran this without PhysX (all other settings were the same). I was surprised to see that the game allowed me to turn on PhysX, so I set it to Normal (the nVidia card was run at High):

No PhysX:

PhysX (set at Normal):

Here, the card is the limiting factor, but I was really surprised at the No PhysX performance. While the minimum is low, the average is where you'd like to see it ~60fps. Color me impressed.

Computer #3:
    • A6 5400K APU (3.60GHz)
    • 4GB 1333 RAM
    • AMD r9 290

Yes, this is a very odd computer - it's Sharon's Scorpion with a recently added 290. Obviously, the CPU is going to be the limiting factor.

What was also interesting is I received a warning stating the computer did not meet the minimum requirements to play the game. I don't know if it was because the settings were set so high, or whether the CPU was identified as insufficient. I would think the CPU would be acceptable since the minimum specs indicate a Core 2 Duo e4600 (2.4GHz) or an Athlon 64 x2 6 4800+ (that competed with the old Pentiums!). Other minimum requirements were 2GB of RAM and a Radeon 5450 or GeForce 315.

Anyways, here's Sharon's Scorpion with no PhysX:

Sharon's Scorpion with PhysX:

I knew the last run would be painful and it was. As an aside, I'm planning on updating the CPU in Sharon's Scorpion (either 7870K, 7890K or Athlon 880K) which should give it more breathing room. If I make the switch soon (and I remember), I'll re-run the benchmark to see how it fares.