Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blast from the past...

I was checking my years-old Hotmail account tonight when I got an email from this site wishing me a happy birthday, even though I hadn't posted or visited here in about four years. I decided to drop back in and see what PcPer looked like these days, so I found my password and logged in.

What was interesting was signing on here and checking my user page. It turns out I've been a registered user here since February 25, 2002. I signed up for what was then Amdmb,com on my 29th birthday, and it's still around and apparently going strong on my 43rd.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, PcPer.com, and may we both continue to age well.

Re: Blast from the past...

yep I got one as well been lurking around again , I joined june 2001 . It used to be a hot site to be a part of , but seems to have went downhill these days . Ah the good old days with abit , epox , soltec and of course AMD . I remember my 1st 1GHZ CPU , a slot A AMD and a epox mobo . it was exciting days . now it seems that hardware is boring , at least to me anyway , CPUs are so fast anymore upgrading is just pointless . AMD shot themselves in the foot , intel soon gained top dog .
    Ah the good ol' days I miss them
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Me to, to all of the above. And, another 2001
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

LOL I Joined 12-12-2001 I found this forum when doing a search a few minutes ago.

My previous last visit 01-17-2010, 07:09 AM

Far Out.
    keep smiling (*;*)
    please send email to
    cavemanmoron@yahoo.com
    for faster response!!
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=1396

I drop by pretty often still.

Today was my first visit in a while. As much as i like my android phone they take away a hobby. Now a days there is no upgrading hardware changing cases on a tablet just buy it and charge it.

I still drop by every once in awhile... though i dont post often. I have very fond memories of this place.

I hope everyone has been doing well!

i found this site while researching video cards for BF2. this is the first forum i ever joined and has been the most fun. i'm on again off again here but trying to be a little more active.
    Last edited by amd5150; 07-18-2016 at 05:18 PM.

I think I started coming here when I was looking to upgrade my KT133/Duron build to an NF2/AXP machine. Good times back in the day, learned a lot

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Old folks homecoming
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    I think I started coming here when I was looking to upgrade my KT133/Duron build to an NF2/AXP machine. Good times back in the day, learned a lot
    i was a stalker of this forum for a while before i joined . I finally took the plundge decided i was done with name brand pc's. Built mine with amd xp 2700 and abit nf7-s and ti4200 gpu

yay i hate the past melancholy :/ i have my hotmail account since i was 16 :/ im early 30's now

Crouched behind a camera with a wide lens

PING

I joined here back in the days of lapping heat sinks and using a pencil to connect the bridges on some of the original Socket A Athlons... Man, those were the days.

EPoX mobos—remember those? I had a Socket 7 MVP3G2, then got my first Athlon and an 8KTA+, then went DDR (anyone remember that excitement?) with an 8K7A. When that mobo died I think I switched to an ASUS nForce2 board, don't remember which. I think I still have that machine somewhere. Ironically, I never had a clawhammer-based cpu—I drifted away from computers for a while and then bought a couple macs after that. I miss the Athlon64 vs P4 days.

Also, it's fun to watch interests wax and wane—I've gone from computers to cameras and now to cycling (just realized they're all C's... hmm...). Just wish I could find a hobby that wasn't so darn expensive!

What a great pleasure it must have been to have PC Perspective remember your birthday. Although I am relatively new here, but already starting to feel an attachment with fellow community members and it's a great community for open discussions.
    I'll be waiting for greeting on my birthday as well, PC Perspective which is in December.

came here to research my hybrid 761/686b gigabyte build with a thunderbird 1333. remember this one because this was my first build and I over tightened the heatsink (bolted to back of mobo) and cracked the core. dead cpu. was so mad. ended up ordering 1.4 as a replacement. wish I could remember more details.
    hmm...