switching ADMIN/GUEST

Windows 10

I can understand that a USER has it's own "account" and desktop. But why does ADMIN not be able to see or have what was installed in the GUEST? Example: I installed Adobe Premiere in the GUEST (and pass it with ADMIN password). Now, I go to ADMIN desktop, Adobe isn't in there?

"ADMIN", to me, means full control and full access. ADMIN control what "GUEST" can see or allow or do in the GUEST interface. I shouldn't have to install same program "twice" in both desktop?

Yes, I am still very new to Win10. I thought when installing a software, Windows automatically puts a new icon in the desktop, but doesn't? Or, if I want to have a YouTube icon, I have to search for it (and sometime have to PAY for it?), download, then it's there?

Someday, I will buy a Win10 book, but ADMIN/GUEST should be something basic?

Chuck

Re: switching ADMIN/GUEST

No reply for this one?

New one... I install a Win10 Scan software in ADMIN, but then it not shown in GUEST? How to make GUEST have access to it without having to install same software again?

I did a quick search and I see some conflicting information, but overall it doesn't look good:

First, it looks like using a single install across multiple accounts may be prevented:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...6-9622f536da75

I did, however, find this post which may provide a solution. A few caveats: first, it's older so it wasn't designed for Win 10; second, the OP wanted to restrict access to an application (not share it), so in Step 5 where it says USERNAME:F, I would replace it with USERNAME:T

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b-4997268c63f7

Hope this helps.

A guest account is no longer valid in Windows 10. A guest account is not able to install apps, hardware, change settings. There are only two types: Standard and Admin. Standard user accounts are good for everyday usage, and can be a local account or Microsoft account. Standard user accounts can use most apps and change system settings that do not affect other users. Whereas an admin has complete access tot the PC.

And to top it off, even if you make a user account with Administrator rights, the account is still only 90% real administrator. A lot of system level operations will require you to elevate your status to administrator to get the job done.

Click here to visit Onetech's website
    Popup blocker advised!

"Cutting edge technology is for those who like to bleed." Onetech