Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tom Clancy's The Division

Discuss.

I like it so far. Anxious to get to the dark zone and see what that's all about.

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division

Personally I'm waiting for Tom Division's "The Clancy"

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Last edited by mmettin; 03-13-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    Fresh moves!

I'm definitely digging the game. It has flaws...the cover system can be frustratingly touchy at times and things like the grenade/consumable menus are not a good design for PC even if they worked properly. The story and narrative is pretty fragmented in the name of giving you things to search for in the map, but overall I find the setting to be compelling and engrossing. Seeing places I've been in real life is always a cool moment. The basic mechanics are sound and encounters are frequently challenging. Enemies can feel like bullet sponges, but I'd say the same thing about borderlands at times. The only difference is that borderlands would give you opportunities to feel like an overpowered badass, and The Division doesn't give you too many of those chances.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Dark Zone plays out. So far its been fun, with nice loot and tough PVE enemies, but I don't think we're seeing it live up to its potential yet. I think too many players are still trying to get geared and ranked up to want to risk the PVP, so its been mostly cooperative in my experience. Since this is the "end game" I'm hoping that once we get past this initial period, we start getting more people rolling full 4-man teams designed to work together (i.e. healer+tank+DPS+Debuff type deal) hunting and being hunted.
    Last edited by Activate: AMD; 03-14-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Trust me, I do science

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Since this is the "end game" I'm hoping that once we get past this initial period, we start getting more people rolling full 4-man teams designed to work together (i.e. healer+tank+DPS+Debuff type deal) hunting and being hunted.
    There is a debuff class?

Quote Originally Posted by RatzKlaw View Post
    There is a debuff class?
    The game doesn't really have "classes" but there are ways to spec out build that could be oriented towards buffing teammates/debuffing bad guys

Trust me, I do science

I prefer playing a white mage or part of the Villainous team when I get in. That way I can heal myself and the other peeps while stealing your pokemons. Deal with it

Someone tell me, and I know plenty are friending me on uplay (1 in this circle, several in others) to play this game, so I have to know, is it actually fun? It's 90$cdn, and that's a month of public transit, or 7 grams of shatter, or 80 cans of cheap beer, OR 35 nice beers, and so on. Is it actually worth the price? I dont care how "BLA" it is, I just want to know if it's fun

Bouncing off collie's question, has it changed much since beta other than adding some things?

lol shatter

Quote Originally Posted by collie man View Post
    Someone tell me, and I know plenty are friending me on uplay (1 in this circle, several in others) to play this game, so I have to know, is it actually fun? It's 90$cdn, and that's a month of public transit, or 7 grams of shatter, or 80 cans of cheap beer, OR 35 nice beers, and so on. Is it actually worth the price? I dont care how "BLA" it is, I just want to know if it's fun
    Its going to be be fun if you like that kind of game. Its a loot based RPG. Its not perfect and its definitely not going to be for everyone, but I'm having fun. I think there are enough reviews out there now worth reading to help you figure out if its worth it.

Trust me, I do science

Loot grinder. I've had fun with it so far.

people keep telling me "I just cant stop Divisioning," "Is it fun?" "Meh"

It's fun but it's one of those types of games that I tend to play for awhile then drop and come back to when more content arrives. Also wish the crossfire profile worked for it as I'm having seizures from the flickering.

did anyone see that video of of everyone queuing up in the server! was hilarious